• For

Votes: 292 57.4%
  • Against

Votes: 221 43.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Not this argument again
It’s always of COVID
Mate I can access my own hospital health records and while most are of covid there are some where covid is only a significant not only factor (coexisting active cardiac failure/ airways disease) and a couple where death from something else and covid minimal (already in palliative care for advanced cancer or dementia)

Mate I can access my own hospital health records and while most are of covid there are some where covid is only a significant not only factor (coexisting active cardiac failure/ airways disease) and a couple where death from something else and covid minimal (already in palliative care for advanced cancer or dementia)
If not for COVID, would the patient have died today?

That applies, but doctors are able to work out if covid killed them, or if they were admitted with something else and happened to have covid. Thats why the ABS covid deaths are based on what we write on Death certs....

I will try to give an example :)
I have a couple of patients with severe COPD. Despite the COPD, they are still reasonably stable on home O2 and current meds. If one gets covid, it likely wont go well. If they got covid and died while waiting for an RFDS transfer, I would write the COD as covid, simply as if they had not caught covid, I would not have expected them to die then and there....

I will try to give an example :)
I have a couple of patients with severe COPD. Despite the COPD, they are still reasonably stable on home O2 and current meds. If one gets covid, it likely wont go well. If they got covid and died while waiting for an RFDS transfer, I would write the COD as covid, simply as if they had not caught covid, I would not have expected them to die then and there....

Yeah but how much is Gates paying you to write that?

Free for all in the market and nobody in Big Pharma wants to make a greedy profit on a drug that "works" ?! It must suck having committed yourself early to such a stupid conspiracy that you have to spend the whole time chasing your tail :straining:

Proven to work. They tried to “make a buck “ but the moral good won the day. Hard to make the big bucks when you can’t set the price anymore and other companies can make it because it is a generic drug .

Some more trials started over here in Japan recently let’s hope for some good outcomes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And also interesting that 33 vaccinated people out of 36 died in NSW a week ago. Dan is now pushing for boosters to be mandated for an individual to be classed as vaccinated. Who knows what Victoria does with their figures. Their is most likely a high percentage in that figure that were vaccinated but past the 3 months since their last jab.

I wouldn't call that interesting to be honest.

One week of data doesn't really mean s**t.

To dumb it down...Dustin Martin doesn't dominate every week. Doesn't mean he's a s**t player.

Proven to work. They tried to “make a buck “ but the moral good won the day. Hard to make the big bucks when you can’t set the price anymore and other companies can make it because it is a generic drug .

Some more trials started over here in Japan recently let’s hope for some good outcomes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If it's proven to work... Why are their still clinical trials going on?

I'm not going to argue that it will never be a part of a treatment regime, but there currently isn't any clear clinical evidence that it's 'proven to work'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought you would say something along these lines.

To be honest, I don't think I've said all that much recently.

I don't really know what people are even arguing about anymore.

It feels like only a handful of people even care these days.

Those that claimed COVID was hoax have been proven wrong.

Those that claimed Bill Gates caused COVID or whatever have been rightfully dismissed.

The 5G thing - nonsense.

The Vax will kill us all - wrong.

Our freedoms are being taken from us like never before - absolute waffle.

The Vax doesn't work - wrong.

The government and the media are mean and talk s**t - well ******* derrr.

Dan Andrews is a lone wolf dictator locking us down for his own benefit and a Right Wing government will save us - wrong.

Masks don't work - nonsense.

93% or whatever of people are vax'd. And from that, probably 3 or 4% genuinely can't for health reasons - which leaves just a handful of outlier deadshits that choose not to.

What's left to argue about? The fight is over. It's done and dusted.

Most have left COVID behind them phycologically, emotionally and even many have physically - People are working, doing stuff, going on holidays FFS. They're vax'd up and living their lives.

A handful are still wallowing in conspiracy theories and going all Bruce Francis on us trying to flog a dead horse.

It's like waiting for JFK Jnr to appear, or for Trump to overturn the election. It's over dude. You were wrong, and failed horribly in whatever the * it actually was that you were trying to achieve.

Just move on with your life like everyone else has.

A few yes. Have seen ones where pt had covid, no oxygen requirement then suddenly a separate event linked to known heart disease etc - suddenly in acute pulmonary oedema - probability is that it is a cardiac event, not covid suddenly flaring up over minutes..

Those that claimed Bill Gates caused COVID or whatever have been rightfully dismissed.

The 5G thing - nonsense.

The government and the media are mean and talk sh*t - well ******* derrr.

Dan Andrews is a lone wolf dictator locking us down for his own benefit and a Right Wing government will save us - wrong.

93% or whatever of people are vax'd. And from that, probably 3 or 4% genuinely can't for health reasons - which leaves just a handful of outlier deadshits that choose not to.

Most have left COVID behind them phycologically, emotionally and even many have physically - People are working, doing stuff, going on holidays FFS. They're vax'd up and living their lives.

A handful are still wallowing in conspiracy theories and going all Bruce Francis on us trying to flog a dead horse.

It's like waiting for JFK Jnr to appear, or for Trump to overturn the election. It's over dude. You were wrong, and failed horribly in whatever the fu** it actually was that you were trying to achieve.

except the deadshit side still believe they have the right to overturn vaccination mandates and continue to cry and whine. Thats why the argument doesnt stop, because the deadshits piss off those like me who work in health care, and are at the point where I really want to shut them up.

I’m starting to think anti vax is facist
In origin the scenes at the shrine and the amount of our liberal eg right wing politicians that have embraced it is tellinghttps://respectfulinsolence.com/2022/01/28/why-is-there-now-such-an-affinity-between-antivaxxers-and-fascism/

I don’t know even after the article that I fully agree with the conclusions. I think there’s certainly antisemitism and anti intellectual parts, but my impression is that’s it’s still a libertarian movement and many of these self styled extreme right wing groups (eg proud boys) seem to be the use of weapons to defend their “independence and individual rights “ from the undeserving government- so a militant libertarian (and because not intellectual the type who really should not have a gun)

So guess what happened to the police officer in the US who vehemently and very publicly protested mandatory vaccinations for police oficers

Whoops. Also worth noting what the major cause of death in US police officers was in 2021

D
I don’t know even after the article that I fully agree with the conclusions. I think there’s certainly antisemitism and anti intellectual parts, but my impression is that’s it’s still a libertarian movement and many of these self styled extreme right wing groups (eg proud boys) seem to be the use of weapons to defend their “independence and individual rights “ from the undeserving government- so a militant libertarian (and because not intellectual the type who really should not have a gun)
For sure anti semitism

Which would mean that any old drug manufacturer could pick up the formula and start pumping out Ivermectin. So, if it was so effective, why wouldn't they quickly become the world's primary supplier of the drug boosting their profits significantly?

On the flip side, if Merck already had the manufacturing run in place to make the drug and could increase production quickly, why wouldn't they corner that market instead of pumping money into R&D for Molnupiravir?
No money to be made in un-patented drugs, companies like Pfizer dont bother with it. Most of it is churned out in india and sold for 5 cents a pop.

No money to be made in un-patented drugs, companies like Pfizer dont bother with it. Most of it is churned out in india and sold for 5 cents a pop.

Hahaha.

There's a lot of shonks making heaps of dough from ivermectin though!

Then, in Oct. 2020, the Patels quietly filed a name change for one of their troubled pharmacy companies in Auburndale, Fla., distancing it from a previous multi-million dollar settlement for filling fraudulent prescriptions. The newly rebranded digital pharmacy was named Ravkoo. And with the help of a $173,733 PPP loan, it would soon become a key player in a booming industry that fills telemedicine prescriptions for bogus COVID-19 treatments like ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine through a partnership with America’s Frontline Doctors (AFLD), a controversial right-wing political group.

From Nov. 2020 to Sept. 2021, Ravkoo filled at least 340,000 prescriptions, amounting to an estimated $8.5 million in drug costs, according to recently hacked data published by The Intercept. Nearly half the prescriptions were for ivermectin or hydroxychloroquine, according to the hacked data; another 30% were for zinc or azithromycin, two other medications which health authorities say are also ineffective in treating or preventing COVID-19 but which anti-vaccine groups have been promoting.

The 5G thing - nonsense.

The government and the media are mean and talk sh*t - well ******* derrr.

It's like waiting for JFK Jnr to appear, or for Trump to overturn the election. It's over dude. You were wrong, and failed horribly in whatever the fu** it actually was that you were trying to achieve.

It's difficult to "move on with our lives" as you say, when my government:
  • wont let me work;
  • wont let me go inside without a mask;
  • wont let me go anywhere non-essential (pub, cafe, restaurant, movies, concert etc);
  • have a policy that literally says "we are going to make it hard on un-vaccinated"
if there are only 3-4% of us "deadshits", whats the problem? surely 96-97% of the total population are not terrified of dying because of the tiny 3-4% of "deadshits"???

Back