• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The 747

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Any such association of neo-nazis within mandate protests should be condemned and I condemn it. I also doubt the veracity of such claims or that they are genuine. Just today photos have emerged of apparent harlequin agitators planted within the Ottawa truck protests waving a confederate flag alongside an individual who bears a striking resemblance to a Canadian Liberal Party photographer and communications manager. You also have the reported instances of CIA and FBI agents attending the January 6 protests in disguise and I question the validity of any 'far right' agitators within groundswell movements as potentially nothing more than rogue political fraud.

Oh OK, there are no neo-nazis at mandate protests. Good to know.

Chief

Chugging Adrenochrome
Dec 1, 1999
Gates' Payroll
AFL Club
Carlton
No money to be made in un-patented drugs, companies like Pfizer dont bother with it. Most of it is churned out in india and sold for 5 cents a pop.
Tons of money in generic brand drugs.

Ibuprofen. Paracetamol. Just to name two.

Ivermectin is used extensively in many countries for parasitic infections, I believe.

Lots of money there.

azlou

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2010
hampton
AFL Club
Carlton
Any such association of neo-nazis within mandate protests should be condemned and I condemn it. I also doubt the veracity of such claims or that they are genuine. Just today photos have emerged of apparent harlequin agitators planted within the Ottawa truck protests waving a confederate flag alongside an individual who bears a striking resemblance to a Canadian Liberal Party photographer and communications manager. You also have the reported instances of CIA and FBI agents attending the January 6 protests in disguise and I question the validity of any 'far right' agitators within groundswell movements as potentially nothing more than rogue political fraud.
There been a definite eugenics vibe of a few on this thread when it comes to the old or overweight or not quiet pure as the strong young immune system strong
You might not have seen it sneak in but I have and it’s ugly

kane249

Keep on rocking brother
Oct 27, 2006
Behind enemy Lines
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Sth Freo, Liverpool, Chicago Bulls

Trouto

Club Legend
Jul 3, 2007
Bunbury
AFL Club
West Coast
Maybe pop downtown and see how quiet the streets are. Makes you wonder why close to 50% of businesses ( hospitality industry) in a recent report said they won’t last another 3 months with the rules, isolations, mandates and people doing their own self imposed lockdowns

But as you keep saying everything is back to normal. Be nice if we were all public servants who can “ work from home”
I am a public servant who is not allowed
I'm certainly not equating "freedom" or mandate protestor with neo nazi. Just like any other protest there are many that are driven there by different beliefs.

Just suggesting that it is viewed as fertile recruiting grounds for neo nazi groups. The Red ensign has been prominent at Aussie protests, both amongst those purporting to be sovereign citizens, but also amongst racist groups, whose numbers have supposedly swelled by latching onto and recruiting many who are discontent.
Well if you take that argument (anti-vaxx are neo-nazi's) this means that everyone who gets the vaccine are rabid Trump supporters, right? I mean he is pro-vaccine and so are most people, so they all support Trump!

Forward Press

Hall of Famer
Jul 5, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Man Utd
You made that choice though. Choices have consequences sorry to be quite blunt but they do. It's life, it's been that way for hundreds of years.

Posts like that always remind me of this comic...

free_speech_2x.png

sr36

Hall of Famer
Aug 20, 2009
Vietnam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Maybe pop downtown and see how quiet the streets are. Makes you wonder why close to 50% of businesses ( hospitality industry) in a recent report said they won’t last another 3 months with the rules, isolations, mandates and people doing their own self imposed lockdowns

But as you keep saying everything is back to normal. Be nice if we were all public servants who can “ work from home”
Perhaps in the interests of freedom we could force people out of their homes and into restaurants.

sr36

Hall of Famer
Aug 20, 2009
Vietnam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Well if you take that argument (anti-vaxx are neo-nazi's) this means that everyone who gets the vaccine are rabid Trump supporters, right? I mean he is pro-vaccine and so are most people, so they all support Trump!

I didn't take that argument, and I don't think anyone else did. But it is an issue that has attracted neo-nazi's groups. It's fertile recruiting ground, because there is a lot of dissatisfaction and the "destroying our way of life" message is one that crosses over the two issues.

FlowersByIrene

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 29, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Posts like that always remind me of this comic...

free_speech_2x.png
I wish I could "show the door" to some assholes on this forum, alas I am not in a position of power to do so, nor am I doing so whilst hiding behind broad terms and conditions caveats in the interests of promoting either the agenda of certain moderators (at best) or the agenda of third party advertising / funders (at worst).

Fact of the day is, certain people on this forum get to decide who and who isn't an asshole whilst others dont - so it's not really a fair comparison.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forward Press

Hall of Famer
Jul 5, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Man Utd
I wish I could "show the door" to some assholes on this forum, alas I am not in a position of power to do so, nor am I doing so whilst hiding behind broad terms and conditions caveats in the interests of promoting either the agenda of certain moderators (at best) or the agenda of third party advertising / funders (at worst).

Fact of the day is, certain people on this forum get to decide who and who isn't an asshole whilst others dont - so it's not really a fair comparison.

Actions have consequences.

If a person decides to incite hate speech and violence on a social media platform, the platform has no legal obligation to host that person and can decide to get rid of them.

If you are unhappy with BigFooty's consequences for your actions even if you believe you have done nothing wrong whatsoever or that there is a conspiracy by people or advertisers with agendas, there is no legal obligation for BigFooty to host you and it can decide to get rid of you.

FlowersByIrene

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 29, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Actions have consequences.

If a person decides to incite hate speech and violence on a social media platform, the platform has no legal obligation to host that person and can decide to get rid of them.

If you are unhappy with BigFooty's consequences for your actions even if you believe you have done nothing wrong whatsoever or that there is a conspiracy by people or advertisers with agendas, there is no legal obligation for BigFooty to host you and it can decide to get rid of you.
Thanks for that Forward Press, i could have never contemplated the realities of a private business operating in a country that doesn't have free speech laws (let alone if it even did) without your succint analysis.

I understand the realities of this situation and the protected cabal that you and certain other approved posters maintain, what I am pointing out, is from the moralistic, ethical and social aspect of your little meme you posted, the circumstances are not analagous between the meme and this forum as you have arbiters of truth who despite their own biases and limitations are enlivened with the power to cast others out for wrong think.

I am well and truly aware of the practicalities of the situation, i am just informing you that your moral high horse is not real and is merely made of thatch.

Forward Press

Hall of Famer
Jul 5, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Man Utd
Thanks for that Forward Press, i could have never contemplated the realities of a private business operating in a country that doesn't have free speech laws (let alone if it even did) without your succint analysis.

I understand the realities of this situation and the protected cabal that you and certain other approved posters maintain, what I am pointing out, is from the moralistic, ethical and social aspect of your little meme you posted, the circumstances are not analagous between the meme and this forum as you have arbiters of truth who despite their own biases and limitations are enlivened with the power to cast others out for wrong think.

I am well and truly aware of the practicalities of the situation, i am just informing you that your moral high horse is not real and is merely made of thatch.

Parler or whatever right wing forum there is has no obligation to host me if I decide to post contrarian left-wing views even if I think there is a 'protected cabal'. I don't have an inherent and inalienable right to stay on them. If I decide to be a militant atheist on the grounds of my local Catholic church, they have no obligation to host my views and can kick me out for trespassing. If I decide to be a campaigner on the Freo board, they can ban me from the forum and the site overall.

BigFooty is not required for life or participation in society (pls dun ban me Chief), so if you are that convinced there is a racket to keep you oppressed - why on earth are you still here? It's a bit odd...

FlowersByIrene

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 29, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Parler or whatever right wing forum there is has no obligation to host me if I decide to post contrarian left-wing views even if I think there is a 'protected cabal'. I don't have an inherent and inalienable right to stay on them. If I decide to be a militant atheist on the grounds of my local Catholic church, they have no obligation to host my views and can kick me out for trespassing. If I decide to be a campaigner on the Freo board, they can ban me from the forum and the site overall.

BigFooty is not required for life or participation in society (pls dun ban me Chief), so if you are that convinced there is a racket to keep you oppressed - why on earth are you still here? It's a bit odd...
As i said, i'm not saying i expect anything different. I'm just saying that i'm disappointed in the mental fragility and the lack of moral integrity in said cabal. I stay here because this is the only forum I use and because I post about non-political and non-ethical matters such as football and fantasy football here. No other reason. If i solely wanted genuine discussion about the political and ethical issues facing Australia I would absolutley not attend this kangaroo court.

sr36

Hall of Famer
Aug 20, 2009
Vietnam
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think Bill Gates could be behind some of the shite that goes on in here.

owen87

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon

As i said, i'm not saying i expect anything different. I'm just saying that i'm disappointed in the mental fragility and the lack of moral integrity in said cabal. I stay here because this is the only forum I use and because I post about non-political and non-ethical matters such as football and fantasy football here. No other reason. If i solely wanted genuine discussion about the political and ethical issues facing Australia I would absolutley not attend this kangaroo court.

I'm not sure you know what a cabal actually is FYI.

MisterMarcus

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Pascoe Vale
AFL Club
Geelong
You're the one who spends most of their time whining and sooking about 'being silenced' and how unfair it is when people disagree with you and point out the flaws in your arguments.

scoman

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 19, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
What's the latest on the effectiveness of vaccines against Omricon? Is the relative lack of effectiveness due to vaccines wearing off or more so a design thing with a specific Omicron version on the way?

Genuine question as I am unsure what the logic is in vaccinating my kids.

FlowersByIrene

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 29, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
What's the latest on the effectiveness of vaccines against Omricon? Is the relative lack of effectiveness due to vaccines wearing off or more so a design thing with a specific Omicron version on the way?

Genuine question as I am unsure what the logic is in vaccinating my kids.
Some interesting positions being taken on this around the world