Mandatory Vaccinations And Medical Exemptions

Are you for or against Mandatory Vaccinations

• For

Votes: 292 57.4%
  • Against

Votes: 221 43.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It really feels like this latest "well why don't we mandate against obesity then" line is people just arguing for the sake of arguing now.

It really feels like this latest "well why don't we mandate against obesity then" line is people just arguing for the sake of arguing now.
Mmmmmm not really no. The argument before was people not being allowed healthcare because they didn’t get the vaccine which could have kept them healthy. Some of us said okay then, how would you feel if they refused healthcare to an obese person because they refused to take care of themselves too?

Statements by the World Health Organization and the World Obesity Federation support the association of obesity with poor outcomes from COVID-19. The World Health Organisation has stated that:

“The latest scientific evidence, based on multiple studies, shows that patients with obesity (including young adults) hospitalized with COVID-19 experienced substantially higher rates of severe outcomes, such as requiring intensive care treatment, mechanical ventilation and death.”
Do you know what 'Association' means in this context?

Last edited:

Mmmmmm not really no. The argument before was people not being allowed healthcare because they didn’t get the vaccine which could have kept them healthy. Some of us said okay then, how would you feel if they refused healthcare to an obese person because they refused to take care of themselves too?
And really, the argument should have stayed at that point.

But as usual, people that claim they are vax'd and are not anti-vax - spend too much time trying to justify their view that they end up taking the argument beyond their supposed original point and make themselves look stupid. It also dilutes their actual argument.

COVID is bad.
Lockdowns prevent it spreading.
The vaccine does what it is designed to do.

They're just facts.

For the life of me, I don't understand why people speak s**t and spruik lies and falsehoods to justify their personal opinion.

If you don't want the Vax, cool. It's really no one's business. You have a choice.

But don't speak s**t trying to justify and defend that position.

Maybe that was the initial point but it feels like that was done a while ago and the bow is getting really long now. Seems like most of the argument now is about the mandating rather than any sort of health care refusal, and that discussion just seems baffling to me.

FYI - I don't think health care should be refused to people who haven't received the vaccine (just making my point on that clear before anyone jumps to conclusions), but I also don't see the logic of saying that we should mandate healthy eating and exercise as a means to support an argument against a covid vaccine mandate. Obesity is a very different beast to covid.

Yeah, nah.

I got a double vaccination but that doesn't mean I can't get sick and up in ICU.

And if I do end up in hospital, I deserve a bed more than some dumb-arse anti-vaxxer who got their medical info from Tic Toc and Instagram.

I think it would be wonderful if Anti-Vaxxers are denied medical treatment; getting rid of then is doing mankind a favour IMO.

Last edited:
Yeah, nah.

I got a double vaccination but that doesn't mean I can't get sick and up in ICU.

And if I do end up in hospital, I deserve a bed more than some dumb-arse anti-vaxxer who got their medical info from Tic Toc and Instagram.

I think it would be wonderful if Anti-Vaxxers are denied medical treatment; getting rid of anti-vaxxers is doing mankind a favour.
Good on you mate did you feel like an absolute legend as you posted this comment?

Seriously... People will not be refused medical treatment at an ICU. If the hospitals end up being full then there's some serious triaging to do and those that need the help most will be seen to first.

That's just reality and one of the positive aspects of our health care service.

Good on you mate did you feel like an absolute legend as you posted this comment?
No, not really mate. Was mostly feeling a bit bored and distracted while waiting for some delicious quasedillas to cool.

How did you feel when you responded? You sound a little offended tbh. U ok?

It is indeed. only 147 cases in icu, so the hospital system is coping well.

Twenty months into it, and you’re still talking like this. This is just advanced case Stockholm Syndrome.

Let’s ignore all the obvious damage the lockdowns are doing…. but based on that figure you quoted, when do you actually advocate opening up? Serious question.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven’t ignored any of it.

That infection effectiveness rate is not fixed — it has steadily fallen since the beginning. Some of the data from Israel (a very highly-vaxxed country) shows it has fallen to less than 40%. (Hence the mandated third booster.)

What we know is that the vaccine’s medium or even short-term effectiveness at stopping infection/spread was questionable from the very beginning (ie they didn’t know, but hoped). Now, based on the most recent data out of highly-vaxxed countries, it’s not really questionable at all. Currently, it really isn’t, to any significant degree, stopping the spread. That is common knowledge.

And it certainly isn’t clear whether an indeterminable number of boosters will stop the spread either.
We didnt know it was "questionable", we knew it would drop v efficacy rate.. We have known that since January in australia. Look back at my posts.
Irrespective to that, the data you supplied is terribly misleading as you are using it to say "more people who were vaccinated caught it than those who werent", which doesnt tell the complete story as other factors are involved.
The studies referred to in the doc, show 75-85% effectiveness as stopping infection (the graph I posted). Which may or may not be correct when looking at places like Israel. However, even an effectiveness of 40% is 40% less people who may arrive at ED....

Last edited:
What exactly were you expecting in a thread discussing whether mandatory vaccinations are appropriate?

Just your side of the argument?

I expected discussion about mandatory vaccination.

Not all the other s**t that is straight up false. It's lies at worst, misleading nonsense at best. It is just incorrect.

Facts are not open for debate.

Mandatory Vax is an opinion. Nothing wrong with discussion and debate about that.

Using false and nonsensical information to support your opinions detracts from your argument, and makes you look like a *******.

And really, the argument should have stayed at that point.

But as usual, people that claim they are vax'd and are not anti-vax - spend too much time trying to justify their view that they end up taking the argument beyond their supposed original point and make themselves look stupid. It also dilutes their actual argument.

COVID is bad.
Lockdowns prevent it spreading.
The vaccine does what it is designed to do.

They're just facts.

For the life of me, I don't understand why people speak sh*t and spruik lies and falsehoods to justify their personal opinion.

If you don't want the Vax, cool. It's really no one's business. You have a choice.

But don't speak sh*t trying to justify and defend that position.
So what you’re saying is if you don’t want to take the vax that’s fine but don’t justify or defend that decision?

So what you’re saying is if you don’t want to take the vax that’s fine but don’t justify or defend that decision?

Pretty sure he was saying “don’t speak s**t trying to justify and defend that decision”

I’ve bolded the operative for you.

I read this and thought, "Yeah, that makes sense actually". Someone who has prioritised their own (and the community's) health should have priority access to health care in the event that there is scarcity.

Guessing they hit herd immunity
All it took was 57,000 deaths

California, 70k deaths. Brutal lockdowns. New York, 55k deaths. Brutal lockdowns.

It staggers me that after nearly two years, people are still defending locking healthy people in their homes, destroying businesses, and inflicting untold damage to the mental and physical wellbeing of an entire population.

Talk about sunk-cost fallacy…

Disease isn't new. Viruses aren't new. Sickness isn't new. Vaccines aren't new. What is new is this mass psychosis, overblown panic, and tyranny in the guise of ”safety.”

Weirdos don't want to accept this basic position because they're in a cult that has absolutely nothing to do with science nor ethics.

Back