Mandatory Vaccinations And Medical Exemptions

Are you for or against Mandatory Vaccinations

• For

Votes: 292 57.4%
  • Against

Votes: 221 43.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Wait what... I'm pretty sure you have been one of the biggest supporters of vaccine mandates - so your telling me you actually agree with me that they should not be mandatory in all cases?
Maybe you should read the thread before you post then. Both Kingswood and I have been pretty clear that we're OK with mandates in SOME industries.

So you think something is a disgraceful breach of your rights even though you don't actually know if it is a breach of your rights. Righto.

Don’t be an arsewipe. I‘m not a lawyer, I don’t have the legal documents or the constitution in front of me. I don’t need to, to know that something is morally bankrupt.

It should be against the law. I can’t tell you for sure whether it is or not, and neither can some of the nation’s top legal minds.

This is something that is likely going to go all the way to the High Court.

It’s interesting…I can’t see anywhere in any country’s constitution, legislation or any employment contract anywhere in the west where it says your rights are only rights until there’s a random respiratory virus.

Perhaps the US Founding Fathers forgot this part! They should‘ve put big asterixes all through the Bill of Rights.
"Australian employers of high-risk workers (such as healthcare workers) could mandate vaccination for COVID-19. Such a direction may well be lawful and reasonable, excepting for those with relevant medical exemptions, for whom low-risk roles must be sought if possible. The Federal Government has limited but available powers to enact compulsory vaccination for high-risk workers under the Biosecurity Act, and while there is variation amongst States and Territories, compulsory vaccination is allowed for in Victoria and Western Australia and could be enabled via passage of specific legislation elsewhere"

I agree with the bolded part. But doesn’t that tell you something?

That's not the point. The point I'm saying is that it should be OK in the current situation for a business to have the choice if they want it. But others have argued that this goes against their (as the customers) freedom to choose which business they go to.

I'm curious as to why the male members of this group aren't busting into women only gyms and filming themselves arguing with the owner as to why they can't go there.

I don't give a sh*t what you inject in your body - my issue is with the 'vax' mandate. Do you remember back when the lying politicians were going on about "flatten the curve" lololol. For construction workers that are unvaxxed in the 18-39 age group they have a 0.5-1/1000 chance of ending up in hospital IF they catch covid. I do not think those odds justify them losing their jobs for deciding not to get 'vaxxed' for whatever reason it is they hold. We have already agreed that virus spread is no longer a factor because both 'vaxxed' and unvaxxed can spread the virus. Look at Singapore/UK/Israel for their most recent peak waves and how well the 'vax' stopped transmission lol... Cases as high as they have ever been.

So you're just going to ignore the fact that you posted information that clearly pointed out that the vaccine is effective at keeping people out of hospital across all age groups?

And you're doubling down on the 'vaccine' strategy that really is just ridiculous. As I pointed out previously, by definition it is a vaccine. Once again, vaccine's aren't designed to stop transmission, they're designed to prevent serious infection in the person who is vaccinated. The data that YOU provided just a few posts ago points out that the covid vaccine is doing just that.

The thing people in here don’t get is that this is never going to end, because there is no limiting principle to anything the government is doing.

I’ll say it again slowly for those up the back.

Even. If. You. Are. Double. Vaccinated. This. Is. Never. Going. To. End.

There will always be “one more thing” they require you to do to get back the freedoms you had in 2019 (which are gone, by the way).

The most brazen of these people, the Andrews’ and McGowans’ of the world, are already straight out telling you their plans for you. Booster shots and more restrictions. They have said this straight to your face.

I don’t care who gets vaccinated or who doesn’t. Go ahead and have as many shots as you like.

But if you are doing it because you think after nearly two years of authoritarian rules, this was somehow going to be the last rule you’d ever have to follow, I don’t know what to tell you.

Other than wake the fu** up.
I don't think I have ever seen the goalposts get moved so often and quickly.... It's actually scary what these politicians are getting away with... The right to peacefully protest was taken away - not only that they used riot police to clean them up... How anyone can have any faith or trust in those in charge baffles my mind. They have now got you all to agree to their game. You can only leave your house when they tell you, you can only go so far away from your house when they tell you, you can only operate your business and only source of income when they tell you, you cannot buy food unless you have had certain injections, you can only protest if it agrees with the message the Government is pushing. Who would have thought Australia of all places would turn into such a s**t show - first time in my life I have ever been really ashamed to call myself an Australian citizen. People overseas are watching on with disbelief at how police and the Government is behaving.

Which industries are they? Interested to see your logic.

I'm totally fine with mandating vaccines within any healthcare industry and education (clarifying staff rather than students). I understand why it came about in the construction industry most recently so am OK with that as well.

I don't expect that mandatory covid vaccination will stay in place in the construction industry for the ongoing future, by the way.

So you're just going to ignore the fact that you posted information that clearly pointed out that the vaccine is effective at keeping people out of hospital across all age groups?

And you're doubling down on the 'vaccine' strategy that really is just ridiculous. As I pointed out previously, by definition it is a vaccine. Once again, vaccine's aren't designed to stop transmission, they're designed to prevent serious infection in the person who is vaccinated. The data that YOU provided just a few posts ago points out that the covid vaccine is doing just that.
I guess you don't read very well - I never claim the 'vaxxine' didn't reduce deaths or hospitalisations. My whole point is that the reduction is not enough to justify mandates. Personal freedom to choose what a person puts in their body > the reduction the 'vax' may provide people. We know smoking kills - so why is it still legal? Why is fast food allowed? There are two clear arguments. 1. Transmission (aka your selfish argument) and 2. Death rate increase/hospitalisations increase (aka your selfish for making nurses work). The more data we see the more number 1 becomes an extremely weak argument. Number 2 is the only thing left - yes the 'vax' reduces the chances of serious event but IMO it's not enough to justify forcing people to get the injections (including boosters after 6 months lol - and another booster - and another booster).

The thing people in here don’t get is that this is never going to end, because there is no limiting principle to anything the government is doing.

I’ll say it again slowly for those up the back.

Even. If. You. Are. Double. Vaccinated. This. Is. Never. Going. To. End.

There will always be “one more thing” they require you to do to get back the freedoms you had in 2019 (which are gone, by the way).

The most brazen of these people, the Andrews’ and McGowans’ of the world, are already straight out telling you their plans for you. Booster shots and more restrictions. They have said this straight to your face.

I don’t care who gets vaccinated or who doesn’t. Go ahead and have as many shots as you like.

But if you are doing it because you think after nearly two years of authoritarian rules, this was somehow going to be the last rule you’d ever have to follow, I don’t know what to tell you.

Other than wake the fu** up.

And this is where you lose me, SP.

This is all just conjecture. This is what you and others may think, and that is totally fine, but it is not what I think. Don't then force this on me by saying "I don't get it" or I need to "wake up". I have formed my own opinion... this is my choice... as someone who is all for people's freedom to choose don't disrespect my choice.

Quick question for the 'vax' mandate crowd. If instead of having 3 injections (2 + booster) in 6 month period you were actually required to have 12 injections in 6 months would you still agree to do it? At what point would you say enough is enough I am not doing it - assuming the science behind whatever the number of injections was stayed as it is currently (grey).

Are we meant to pick a team?? Now bear with me here...I just want to say...stay with me...What if reasonable people looked at both of those random tweets and thought that both could be wrong?

Whoa whoa whoa.

You're saying I don't have to choose an extreme end of the spectrum and fight for it until the bitter end??

You're saying there is a middle ground?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it was allowed to play out in the private sector like this, I think it would be a lot less insidious than a government-enforced mandate.

I don’t think businesses which did this would survive for long, quite frankly, but at least it would be a decision subject to the market.

At the moment, it isn’t. I wonder why….
what a stupid line to draw. what makes a government run service/business any different to a private one?

so what, only rich people who can afford to stay in private hospitals can be guaranteed to be treated by nurses and doctors who are vaccinated? while us plebs who can only afford the state hospital get to roll the dice as to whether the doctor/nurse treating us believes in the medical science the practise?

I thought the vaccine was supposed to prevent hospitalisation... So not only is it doing a shitty job preventing transmission it's also not doing a great job at stopping hospitalisations
I guess you don't read very well - I never claim the 'vaxxine' didn't reduce deaths or hospitalisations.

Maybe before declaring that I don't read very well you should read your own posts.

You spend so much time in your post just taking an "I'm better than you" stance, maybe it's time to take a breath and step away from the keyboard.

Quick question for the 'vax' mandate crowd. If instead of having 3 injections (2 + booster) in 6 month period you were actually required to have 12 injections in 6 months would you still agree to do it? At what point would you say enough is enough I am not doing it - assuming the science behind whatever the number of injections was stayed as it is currently (grey).
depends whether venus is in alignment with saturn when the eighth day of thirtember falls on chrostmorse and the kookaburra sits in the old gum tree

Maybe before declaring that I don't read very well you should read your own posts.

You spend so much time in your post just taking an "I'm better than you" stance, maybe it's time to take a breath and step away from the keyboard.
I guess you don't know what prevent means. Prevent means the even does not happen.. not that is reduces it. The 'vax' was supposed to prevent hospitalisations - instead it reduced them. Not the same thing my guy.

This is actually a thing now, this is what they are saying.

Please note, this is not parody, these people are actually serious.

but you see, the higher the percentage of people that get the vaccine, the lower the chance vulnerable people will catch covid.

I completely agree that a vaccine mandate is ethically complicated, however, claiming that someone’s choice to not get the vaccine doesn’t impact the community is false.

depends whether venus is in alignment with saturn when the eighth day of thirtember falls on chrostmorse and the kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
That moment when you realise your argument is flawed and you only want to be a sheep for the Government when it suits your level of tolerance... BUT you are not willing to accept another persons right to determine what gets put in their body when it is less than yours lol.

I guess you don't know what prevent means. Prevent means the even does not happen.. not that is reduces it. The 'vax' was supposed to prevent hospitalisations - instead it reduced them. Not the same thing my guy.

Can you show me where it was every stated by the experts that it would completely prevent any hospitalisation from covid?

I was always of the understanding that it would reduce the chances of potential severe infection... you know... like how other vaccines work.

I'm curious as to why the male members of this group aren't busting into women only gyms and filming themselves arguing with the owner as to why they can't go there.
dont encourage them. people of the 'mens rights' movement already stand up and die on a hill over that one. i swear some of them would demand the right to get mammograms and papsmears because its unfair only women get to.

Don’t be an arsewipe. I‘m not a lawyer, I don’t have the legal documents or the constitution in front of me. I don’t need to, to know that something is morally bankrupt.

It should be against the law. I can’t tell you for sure whether it is or not, and neither can some of the nation’s top legal minds.

This is something that is likely going to go all the way to the High Court.

So it is a breach of rights, even thought you don't know whether it is a breach of rights.

That moment when you realise your argument is flawed and you only want to be a sheep for the Government when it suits your level of tolerance... BUT you are not willing to accept another persons right to determine what gets put in their body when it is less than yours lol.

that gif appears to have a false screw at the bottom. fake news confirmed.

My only limiting factor is the time taken to book & then get vaccinated. If you made the vaccine a free tablet and I had to take it every day I would absolutely do it.

Back