Are you for or against Mandatory Vaccinations

• For

Votes: 292 57.4%
  • Against

Votes: 221 43.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Another quality article by our favourite journalist of today:

Conservative host Candace Owens calls for US to invade Australia to free people from ‘tyranny’

Ok..... a very simple question to all those who do not want to get vaccinated.

Would you agree to sign a document that excludes you from any medical treatment if you were unfortunate enough to catch this virus.

All other medical treatment cool as ie heart attack, broken leg etc. but if u caught covid and you are crook as.... well bad luck

Like a lot things that aren’t my full-time job, I know some things about it, and I don’t know some things about it.

Example: I’m not a behavioural psychologist, but I know you have a problem with disingenuous pedantry.
wow... you have a full time job. Life is full of surprises

Plenty of diseases out there in other continents that people wouldn’t want.

Closer to home, talking to an ICU nurse, children are dying from agonizing diseases in Australia
because some parents refuse to vaccinate their children against previously common diseases.

Seeing the loony anti-vaxxers lose their you know what’s over mandates actually gets funnier by the day!

They spend longer finding reasons to not get vaccinated than it would to get the vaccination done lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shhh robot listen to government and pharma - everything will be fine just do as you are told like a good robot.
Back to spam the thread again without replying to anything asked of you?

Still waiting for you to show me where it was stated by an expert that the vaccine would completely prevent hospitalisation. Can you do that?

Not looking good for 'vax' mandate sheep

10654_2021_808_Fig1_HTML.jpg

You spam whatever your find online and you call others sheep - shows a marked lack of insight and self awareness.

I read the article and the supp. material. Its an interesting analysis. What they havent included is the effects of things like restrictions. They mention Iceland for example which opened up in August as having more cases per million than South Africa, but fail to mention that SA has a curfew, restrictions and mask mandate.
Same for Portugal which is also mentioned. They mention Vietnam, which was under a strict lockdown at the time the authors were examining the data...they even brought the troops in to Ho Chi Min to enforce it!
Also fail to mention that of Icelands cases, 97% are mild or asymptomatic.
Then when we look at their supp data of USA counties, they dont mention that the lowest rates per 100K of cases are in counties with greater than 55% vaccination.
Screenshot at 2021-10-22 03-55-18.png
See the bit where it says "cases per 100K"?? (this is from their supp data)
Then they quote McMorrow "even though vaccinations offers protection to individuals against severe hospitalization and death, the CDC reported an increase from 0.01 to 9% and 0 to 15.1% (between January to May 2021) in the rates of hospitalizations and deaths, respectively, amongst the fully vaccinated"...They obviously took what they wanted from that paper as the completely neglected the graph also presented:
Screenshot at 2021-10-22 04-46-03.png
So the paper they quote in a neg way, actually shows big reductions.
They conclude that people should get vaccinated but that also Importantly, other non-pharmacological prevention efforts should continue....
Now just so we are clear: I am not pro-vaccines mandates for every single person in Australia....I am pro-vaccine and pro-good data analysis!

I read the article and the supp. material. Its an interesting analysis. What they havent included is the effects of things like restrictions. They mention Iceland for example which opened up in August as having more cases per million than South Africa, but fail to mention that SA has a curfew, restrictions and mask mandate.
Same for Portugal which is also mentioned. They mention Vietnam, which was under a strict lockdown at the time the authors were examining the data...they even brought the troops in to Ho Chi Min to enforce it!
Also fail to mention that of Icelands cases, 97% are mild or asymptomatic.
Then when we look at their supp data of USA counties, they dont mention that the lowest rates per 100K of cases are in counties with greater than 55% vaccination.
View attachment 1265395
See the bit where it says "cases per 100K"?? (this is from their supp data)
Then they quote McMorrow "even though vaccinations offers protection to individuals against severe hospitalization and death, the CDC reported an increase from 0.01 to 9% and 0 to 15.1% (between January to May 2021) in the rates of hospitalizations and deaths, respectively, amongst the fully vaccinated"...They obviously took what they wanted from that paper as the completely neglected the graph also presented:
View attachment 1265400
So the paper they quote in a neg way, actually shows big reductions.
They conclude that people should get vaccinated but that also Importantly, other non-pharmacological prevention efforts should continue....
Now just so we are clear: I am not pro-vaccines mandates for every single person in Australia....I am pro-vaccine and pro-good data analysis!
I'm pro choice - I never said the vaccine doesn't do something - just not enough to justify the ridiculous mandates and restrictions that have been enacted. These discussions never include the second order consequences these mandates and restrictions have had on society either. Job losses, businesses closed, household stress/abuse, increased health issues due to lack of screenings and preventative treatment, dementia deaths, loss of faith in Government and the 'system'.

"Alas, there’s just one problem for Horowitz and company: S.V. Subramanian, the Harvard professor of population health and geography behind the paper, says the vaccine doubters are completely wrong.".....
"“That conclusion is misleading and inaccurate,” Subramanian told me of Horowitz’s Blaze column over email. “This paper supports vaccination as an important strategy for reducing infection and transmission, along with hand-washing, mask-wearing, and physical distancing.”
"But instead of concluding that such data means vaccines are useless, Subramanian says his findings suggest that it’s unwise to ignore other treatments and precautionary steps—say, masks or lockdowns. In other words, he writes, the “sole reliance on vaccination as a primary strategy to mitigate COVID-19 and its adverse consequences needs to be re-examined… other pharmacological and non-pharmacological interventions may need to be put in place alongside increasing vaccination.”
"Over email, Subramanian insisted that the positive effects of vaccines are not in doubt: “Other research has clearly and definitively established that the vaccines significantly reduce the risk of hospitalization and mortality.”

Last edited:
I'm pro choice - I never said the vaccine doesn't do something - just not enough to justify the ridiculous mandates and restrictions that have been enacted. These discussions never include the second order consequences these mandates and restrictions have had on society either. Job losses, businesses closed, household stress/abuse, increased health issues due to lack of screenings and preventative treatment, dementia deaths, loss of faith in Government and the 'system'.
Have you considered that the maybe you are wrong? Hear me out. Almost every country in the world is urging people to be vaccinated. Almost every country in the world has had or does have some type of restrictions. Why is the majority of the world so wrong and you are the one who is right?
If we didnt have vaccines and we didnt have restrictions, how many more hospitalizations and deaths do you think we'd have??
I acknowledge the things you mention, but vaccines and other public measures are how we actually get out of this....Like Portugal, Israel, Iceland and the UK.

increased health issues due to lack of screenings and preventative treatment, dementia deaths,
I posted a link last week in response to screenings in Australia in relation to covid. Did you read the report?
Dementia deaths? Interested in the reasoning behind this.....

The problem is... you have actually said that the vaccine doesn't do something. It's on record here. The problem is you're saying the vaccine doesn't do something that it was never supposed to do... completely prevent hospitalisation. I've asked for some support for that statement from you, as others ask other reasonable questions of you, but you just continue to ignore those challenges to your statements and move on to post other statements.

How can you possibly expect any sort of respect of the information you put forward if you aren't prepared to engage in discussion about it.

I've respected the stance and opinions of posters like FlowersByIrene and Slippery Pete, even if those discussions have been challenging at times and I don't necessarily always share their view, because they are prepared to engage with substance. You just seem to be a "hit & run" style poster... why not challenge yourself and actually engage in the conversation?

Back