Mandatory Vaccinations And Medical Exemptions

Are you for or against Mandatory Vaccinations

• For

Votes: 292 57.4%
  • Against

Votes: 221 43.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The vax is going soooo well in South Korea where they're at 92% of adult population. Keep pushing guys!

Unfortunately for them, they're also at 20% of 12-17 year olds, and 0% for kids younger than that. Total population double vax is only around 80%. Couple that with waning immunity in the elderly who were the first to be vaccinated, plus a slow uptake in boosters, plus the seasonal increase in contagious diseases across the Northern Hemisphere at this time of year ...

But carry on, you're so far down the rabbit hole you'll see what you want to see regardless.

" An analysis of routine surveillance data from South Africa from March 2020 till Nov. 27 showed the "reinfection risk profile of Omicron is substantially higher than that associated with the Beta and Delta variants during the second and third waves," NICD said in the statement on Thursday."

This is a good resource.

You can select by province.

Screenshot_20211203-130306_Chrome.jpg

The last few days has seen a much greater increase in hospitalizations, ICU and ventilation in Guateng. Also an additional five deaths greater from 30-39 age.

Can't say it looks promising at this stage.

I'm eagerly awaiting the in vitro studies coming soon which will confirm a lot more on Omicron.

There's no doubt that Omicron is much more transmissible than Delta.

The questions remains:

- how much more transmissible
- how much are vaccines having an effect of transmissibility, infection and pathology
- are there any other "long Covid" issues worth this new variant

Posts junk, gets called on it, starts sooking about lynch mobs and runs away. Another day another clown.

"Called out on it", LOL yeah ok. This is the biggest ******* echo chamber on BigFooty, and that's saying something. I've just decided to go back to my life and leave you lot to keep reinforcing your delusions of safety and superiority. Have fun.

"Called out on it", LOL yeah ok. This is the biggest ******* echo chamber on BigFooty, and that's saying something. I've just decided to go back to my life and leave you lot to keep reinforcing your delusions of safety and superiority. Have fun.

How was the whole *checks timestamps* two hours you were away from BigFooty?

Also in light of the new info, also if Omicron turns out to be more virulent as well, I wonder if the new pandemic orders will be introduced swiftly by Dan.

Also in light of the new info, also if Omicron turns out to be more virulent as well, I wonder if the new pandemic orders will be introduced swiftly by Dan.
But don't other premiers already have these powers?

And haven't other premiers also done lockdowns?

I'm by no means a Dan Andrews fan, but I don't quite understand the rhetoric around him and the Vic government's actions.

This is a good resource.

You can select by province.

View attachment 1291671

The last few days has seen a much greater increase in hospitalizations, ICU and ventilation in Guateng. Also an additional five deaths greater from 30-39 age.

Can't say it looks promising at this stage.

I'm eagerly awaiting the in vitro studies coming soon which will confirm a lot more on Omicron.

There's no doubt that Omicron is much more transmissible than Delta.

The questions remains:

- how much more transmissible
- how much are vaccines having an effect of transmissibility, infection and pathology
- are there any other "long Covid" issues worth this new variant
Thanks for the link. Will have a good look.
Yes, I am keen to see how vaccines prevent against mod-severe-death cases. Thats the main thing really.

But don't other premiers already have these powers?

And haven't other premiers also done lockdowns?

I'm by no means a Dan Andrews fan, but I don't quite understand the rhetoric around him and the Vic government's actions.

Yes they do.

It's just that will be seen as very convenient for those conspiracy thinkers that it all coincides.

Literally every antivaxxer on this sub (and in general) does this: "drive by" posting followed by immediately running away and hiding when their claims get debunked.

It's kind of funny how you guys all keep pulling exactly the same shtick and thinking we somehow won't notice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmm yes rational thought is an echo chamber. I guess it might seem that way to you. For someone who keeps threatening to go away you seem to come back here a lot.

Attention seeker tries to be edgelord; cries when people criticise posts. Thread continues....

Not great news out of Norway with the Omnicron. 60 of 120 wedding guests (IIRC) infected who were d-vaxxed. Depends how severe the illness is though.
Yeah, if its not deadly (like, actually being the flu) it might be ok. It so prone to mutation though that id be worried it will mutate and become more deadly again

Yeah, if its not deadly (like, actually being the flu) it might be ok. It so prone to mutation though that id be worried it will mutate and become more deadly again

Let's not forget that viruses can have other pathological effects other than mortality.

There can be all kinds illnesses and long term issues that we still haven't fully understood or discovered with Covid or any of the new variants.

As I've stated from the start of the pandemic last year, the goal should always be eradication. Regardless what anti-vaxxers think, the goal for people in medicine is not profits but to prevent illness.

Yep, I'm with you mate. We have to FORCE everybody to get vaccinated so that our vaccinations work. IT'S SCIENCE!
That is quite literally how vaccines work. Everybody who can get vaccinated must be vaccinated to help protect those who actually cannot for real reasons.
Of course the notion of helping others is not recognised by conservatives so it is not surprising that certain people struggle to wrap their heads around it.

Don't worry mate. Daniel Andrews is doing everything he can to get everybody vaccinated, then maybe you can sleep at night. Maybe one day you'll even be able to do so without leaving a light on.

I love this one.

Anti-covid guy:
You're a wuss cause you're scared of the virus.

Also Anti-covid guy:I'm terrified of the vaccine cause it has hurt a few people and hasn't been tested for 15 years.

Craig Kelly and Clive Palmer are doing more damage than any variant of Covid could ever do.

Is there a law against what Craig Kelly was doing at the Eureka protest today? how many deaths is that delusional idiot responsible for spreading misinformation along with saying if you got COVID its just the "flu" ive gone to work with a worse cold.

Craig Kelly and Clive Palmer are doing more damage than any variant of Covid could ever do.

Is there a law against what Craig Kelly was doing at the Eureka protest today? how many deaths is that delusional idiot responsible for spreading misinformation along with saying if you got COVID its just the "flu" ive gone to work with a worse cold.
The irony is that even the hard core anti-COVID people acknowledge that fat old *ers like those two are genuinely at risk from it!

https://www.news.com.au/world/afric...s/news-story/995e5cb71b3e8d7d4ae159f92549b8d0

"“Mild my ass,” he wrote. “The ‘highly transmissible’ Omicron variant is putting disproportionately large numbers of children under the age of 5 years old in hospitals."
That would fit with other endemic Cov's that tend to effect children and elderly.
This is interesting:
"The ins214EPE could have been acquired by template switching involving the genomes of SARS-CoV-2, other viruses that infect the same host cells as SARS-CoV-2, or the
human transcriptome of host cells infected with SARS-CoV-2. Indeed, there have been clinical reports of COVID-19 patients also being infected with seasonal coronaviruses such as HCoV-229E. Searching the HCoV-229E genome for homology to a nucleotide sequence encoding ins214EPE shows the presence of an identical sequence in HCoV-229E’s Spike protein, which could have been exploited for template switching. Furthermore, based on analysis of single cell RNA seq data, we see that the receptors of SARS-CoV-2 (ACE2) and HCoV-229E (ANPEP) are co-expressed in gastrointestinal (e.g. enterocytes) and respiratory tissues (e.g. respiratory ciliated cells). This gives rise to the plausibility of such cells in co-infected individuals being exploited as sites of genomic interplay between different viruses. In addition to co-infection with different coronaviruses, there have been reports of co-infection with SARS-CoV-2 and other respiratory pathogens including non-SARS-CoV-2 Coronaviridae."
Thats is quite interesting....If its acquired a sequence from HCov-229E, then past infection with that may be helpful. Given that many adults would have likely had the endemic HCov--229E, this could explain why its effecting under 5's and under 40's.
or I could just be wishful thinking :)
Screenshot at 2021-12-04 14-42-39.png

Last edited:

If belle Gibson is a free woman then those 2 fatkunts aren't doing anything wrong, legally of course. Morally they're complete dregs

So I've been away from the thread hiking for a week with 24 x 13yo's through the Otways and then got off the bus back in Melb and went straight to a concert at the Forum and now my body is reminding me that I'm not a 23yo anymore. City was absolutely pumping last night so most people seem to be getting on with their lives again.

What did I miss here? Anything interesting?

Back