Are you for or against Mandatory Vaccinations

• For

Votes: 292 57.4%
  • Against

Votes: 221 43.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

No that's just how Joe Rogan is, he's always been a strong Libertarian

For all his faults he's always stayed true to that and doesn't care what others think
Libertarian doesn't mean "idiot".

If it’s individual health - then why aren’t we bringing in the same rules for anyone who undertakes high risk activity (obese, high Action sports, drinkers)
To be fair, there are shitloads of rules and restrictions that are in place 'for our own safety' that protect us from this type of thing.

Seatbelts. Speed limits. Gambling restrictions. Smoking restrictions. Drinking restrictions. Safety requirements for sports.

*, I got fined 20 bucks once for not wearing a bike helmet FFS.

I’m keen to know what the justification for mandates and vaccine passports are. (Particularly the draconian rules brought in WA)

Is it

A) the individuals health
B) public health ?

If it’s individual health - then why aren’t we bringing in the same rules for anyone who undertakes high risk activity (obese, high Action sports, drinkers)

If it’s about public health - then it appears in the real world vaccination has almost zero impact on omicron transmission (massively for delta, about 95%). If the answer is because of delta - why are the rules slated “for years” when the likelihood is omicron will have outcompeted delta in a few months anyway

Not to mention cloth masks are little more than facial decorations

We are asked to follow the data/science - yet we are segregating society - treating people as lepers, when there just isn’t justification

It's about both - and sadly your assertion that "then it appears in the real world vaccination has almost zero impact on omicron transmission" is wrong, very wrong.

It is absolutely true that the vaccines significantly reduced transmission of delta and other variants compared to people who are unvaccinated, and that the impact of the vaccine on transmission is reduced for Omicron - to say that the transmission rates are the same for vaccinated and unvaccinated is manifestly wrong. Especially as because the evidence is really clear that the vaccine should have always been a three dose vaccine (I hate the term booster - because what is now understood is that it should always have been a three dose primary program). What has in effect happened is that Omicron has hit at a time when a lot of people who were double dosed are seeing their immunity diminish - so this is distorting the numbers on whether the vaccine reduces transmission. There is emerging evidence that people who have had the booster are much less likely to transmit Omicron than those double dosed - who in turn are less likely to transmit than the unvaccinated.

So, locking unvaccinated people out of most places means they are: (a) less likely to be in a position to transmit the virus; (b) less likely to be in a place where they contract the virus.

As for your comment about having the same rules for other high risk activities - then ignoring the stupidity of the comment - the answer is we do. For example, someone over 100kgs isn't allowed to skydive, someone who is drunk isn't allowed to drive, someone who participates in high risk sports often has to take out special insurance policies and are banned from participating if they don't have that insurance.

All that said - some of the measures to be introduced in WA are just stupid and really just unashamedly punitive (which I don't care for personally). Take banning unvaccinated folks from bottle shops - it's unrealistic to think that every bottle shop will employ someone on the front door checking certificates - so it's only when you come to pay that there would ever be the chance to check - by which time the damage of transmitting or contracting the virus has already been done.

As for the cloth mask point - there's already moves to declare cloth masks as inappropriate and not falling within the classification of mandatory mask wearing.

No that's just how Joe Rogan is, he's always been a strong Libertarian

For all his faults he's always stayed true to that and doesn't care what others think
His comment in that interview regarding 'Australia being this wild and free place' and now we're being locked up and losing our freedom etc., is just hilarious.

I always find this myth baffling.

We were founded as convicts basically, that literally had no freedom. We were ruled by the Queen...and still are FFS!! We literally have a Queen!

Not only that, we also are rules by the US! We literally trot off to war when the US asks us too!

I've travelled a bit in my time, and I'm yet to see a country with as many rules as we do.

We are as subservient a nature as there is.

Now that's not necessarily a bad thing. That attitude has played a big role is us being such a great country to live in.

For people to be shocked that we all accepted our fate and took one for the team by staying home and getting vax'd is laughable.

Where did they get this mythical idea?

Speaking of Rogan, he just got fact checked and made to look a fool on his own podcast with his claims about Myocarditis in young people happening more with the vaccine

At this rate Joe could well become a full blown anti-vaxxer. He may have decided this is the hill he will die on.

Majority of Americans couldn't locate Australia on a map, that says it all about their knowledge of our country

A lot of Americans can't locate a lot of things like France, brain cells and universal healthcare. But they can locate firearms quite easily.

At this rate Joe could well become a full blown anti-vaxxer. He may have decided this is the hill he will die on.

He's already there

He's long been an advocate for marijuana, alternate health treatments, hunting your own meat (especially elk) etc

I like his comedy, but i'd take his health advice with a grain of salt

He's already there

He's long been an advocate for marijuana, alternate health treatments, hunting your own meat (especially elk) etc

I like his comedy, but i'd take his health advice with a grain of salt
FWIW, I like him.

I respect people's rights to their way of thinking, and in most cases, of doing.

And as such, I actually don't begrudge people for being anti-vax. In principle.

I get that people don't trust the government. I get that people don't want to put substances into their body. I get that people are happy to trust their own immune systems against stuff. I even get that people have authority issues and just don't want to do what the government tells them to do.

If someone ever tells me this, and just leaves it at that - I respect their choice. I don't Agree. But each to their own.

The issue I have, is that they very, very rarely (if ever) actually just leave it at that. Instead, they use s**t reasons and justifications for their choices. Their 'research' becomes solely about validating their choices, rather than gathering facts to inform a choice.

Joe Rogan is the same. He, like so many others, has gone down the rabbit hole and made himself look like an idiot. Repeatedly.

It's like hunting, Liking horse racing, eating meat, being religious, whatever. Just own it, without scouring the internet for s**t justifications for your choices.

This forum is littered with dickheads that have done exactly the same thing.

Last edited:
It’s public health and it isn’t about transmission it’s about cutting down the cases that present to hospital clogging up the system

The vaccines are still amazingly good at keeping you out of hospital in general but especially out of ICU

So why not limit the calories of fat people who clog up the system ?

That’s public health too right ?

The vaccines are working against Omicron
View attachment 1310751

That didn’t answer the question though

If you’re argument are vaccines are good at stopping serious illness or death - I agree completely

But that doesn’t answer why we should have mandates

Perhaps think about it a little. Is there a single action that can be measured so those groups can be divided into yes and no?

As for why WA has draconion rules it is because the Premier got re-elected on the back of them in one of the biggest electoral victories of all time. You get what you vote for.

Anyone with a BMI over 34 isn’t allowed in a fast food restaurant

Given obesity will lead to more deaths than coronavirus - why not ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair, there are shitloads of rules and restrictions that are in place 'for our own safety' that protect us from this type of thing.

Seatbelts. Speed limits. Gambling restrictions. Smoking restrictions. Drinking restrictions. Safety requirements for sports.

fu**, I got fined 20 bucks once for not wearing a bike helmet FFS.

Again - why not stop fat people eating unhealthy food? Why not ban contact sport ?

That would be good for us too

It's about both - and sadly your assertion that "then it appears in the real world vaccination has almost zero impact on omicron transmission" is wrong, very wrong.

It is absolutely true that the vaccines significantly reduced transmission of delta and other variants compared to people who are unvaccinated, and that the impact of the vaccine on transmission is reduced for Omicron - to say that the transmission rates are the same for vaccinated and unvaccinated is manifestly wrong. Especially as because the evidence is really clear that the vaccine should have always been a three dose vaccine (I hate the term booster - because what is now understood is that it should always have been a three dose primary program). What has in effect happened is that Omicron has hit at a time when a lot of people who were double dosed are seeing their immunity diminish - so this is distorting the numbers on whether the vaccine reduces transmission. There is emerging evidence that people who have had the booster are much less likely to transmit Omicron than those double dosed - who in turn are less likely to transmit than the unvaccinated.

So, locking unvaccinated people out of most places means they are: (a) less likely to be in a position to transmit the virus; (b) less likely to be in a place where they contract the virus.

As for your comment about having the same rules for other high risk activities - then ignoring the stupidity of the comment - the answer is we do. For example, someone over 100kgs isn't allowed to skydive, someone who is drunk isn't allowed to drive, someone who participates in high risk sports often has to take out special insurance policies and are banned from participating if they don't have that insurance.

All that said - some of the measures to be introduced in WA are just stupid and really just unashamedly punitive (which I don't care for personally). Take banning unvaccinated folks from bottle shops - it's unrealistic to think that every bottle shop will employ someone on the front door checking certificates - so it's only when you come to pay that there would ever be the chance to check - by which time the damage of transmitting or contracting the virus has already been done.

As for the cloth mask point - there's already moves to declare cloth masks as inappropriate and not falling within the classification of mandatory mask wearing.

Given I’m “very wrong”

I’m sure you have the data for it to back up that assertion - otherwise your little better than anti-vaxxer Facebook heroes

The head of Pfizer came out the other day and said double vaccination has a mostly zero impact

How would you do that?

Set up an app - let’s call it service WA

You have to go to your doctor to certify your BMI - then every 6 months you get a booster certification

That certification is logged on the app - so you check in to each venue and certify your BMI

ridiculous eh ?

You have to go to your doctor to certify your BMI - then every 6 months you get a booster certification

That certification is logged on the app - so you check in to each venue and certify your BMI

ridiculous eh ?

What you wrote is, yes. Very poorly thought out and articulated.

But in principle it's not - if there's actually a reason to do this.

What is the reason?

So why not limit the calories of fat people who clog up the system ?

That’s public health too right ?
I’m fully on board for a sugar tax personally

Unfortunately for COVID it doesn’t seem to have the lobbyists the fast food restaurants have

Also if you told me science had developed a safe injection that prevented me from getting fat I’d be all over it

Given I’m “very wrong”

I’m sure you have the data for it to back up that assertion - otherwise your little better than anti-vaxxer Facebook heroes

The head of Pfizer came out the other day and said double vaccination has a mostly zero impact

Why do anti-vaxers reject anything that big pharma or the government, or even scientists say - unless there's a sentence that they believe supports their position? And then, what they say is word for word gospel.

Odd.

ridiculous eh ?
Can people get a medical exemption if their obesity isnt caused by diet and is genetic or related to a medical cause??

Back