• For

Votes: 292 57.4%
  • Against

Votes: 221 43.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely they are

Heart disease, cancer etc - all increased significantly by obesity
Genetics are argued to be the biggest factor in both (smoking aside).

Not sure why you're targeting the poor fatties.

You should be pushing for genetic testing at birth, and rounding them all up.

But wait! I've had an idea....what if there was an injection that could prevent the disease associated with it!!?? *, imagine that.

Not sure why you're targeting the poor fatties.

You should be pushing for genetic testing at birth, and rounding them all up.

But wait! I've had an idea....what if there was an injection that could prevent the disease associated with it!!?? fu**, imagine that.

Or they could eat healthy - * - imagine that

Greatly reduce their risk of dying from
Covid too

Obesity and poor diet leads to 50% of heart disease burden

Heart disease leads to 17500
Deaths a year (so 8000-9000 attributable to fatties

That’s double the corona deaths - and that’s only heart disease

Tell me why we aren’t treating fatties like leper’s

What you wrote is, yes. Very poorly thought out and articulated.

But in principle it's not - if there's actually a reason to do this.

What is the reason?

Fatties dying - we need to protect them and our health system

Not allow them to work out, work, drink or eat - unless they make good health choices

Or they could eat healthy - fu** - imagine that

Greatly reduce their risk of dying from
Covid too

I know quite alot of people that eat healthy, and are overweight in terms of BMI.

But regardless, I'm not here to say that eating healthy and living a good lifestyle is a bad thing. But how is 'eat well and lose weight' in isolation, going to effectively respond to a pandemic? It's just not. It's the height of naivety to suggest that's the Pandemic response we should have rolled with.

So, we're talking 3-6 months until all the obese people lose weight to the point where they won't have to go to hospital for obesity related issues. Great. Great result for society.

But how does that approach translate to a global pandemic?

It's definitely not a bad thing, but 3-6 months just isn't fast enough to deal with a virus that kills millions of people, and hospitalises millions more.

And that's my point about the Vaccine - take a safe preventative measure, whilst you address other factors that could reduce your susceptibility.

But to say "just lose weight" is so just so idiotic it defies logic.

Obesity and poor diet leads to 50% of heart disease burden

Heart disease leads to 17500
Deaths a year (so 8000-9000 attributable to fatties

That’s double the corona deaths - and that’s only heart disease

Tell me why we aren’t treating fatties like leper’s
Because you can’t catch fatness or spread fatness at an exponential rate
As the the threat to the hospital system subsides so will the mandates
I’ve got a friend who exercises has ridden 100km on a mountain bike won medals in the Olympics in taekwondo he’s big he diets he’s just got the genes I don’t
I could never put on weight completely different metabolism

I know quite alot of people that eat healthy, and are overweight in terms of BMI.

But regardless, I'm not here to say that eating healthy and living a good lifestyle is a bad thing. But how is 'eat well and lose weight' in isolation, going to effectively respond to a pandemic? It's just not. It's the height of naivety to suggest that's the Pandemic response we should have rolled with.

So, we're talking 3-6 months until all the obese people lose weight to the point where they won't have to go to hospital for obesity related issues. Great. Great result for society.

But how does that approach translate to a global pandemic?

It's definitely not a bad thing, but 3-6 months just isn't fast enough to deal with a virus that kills millions of people, and hospitalises millions more.

And that's my point about the Vaccine - take a safe preventative measure, whilst you address other factors that could reduce your susceptibility.

But to say "just lose weight" is so just so idiotic it defies logic.

In WA we have had controlled borders for nearly 2 years

Plenty of time to control the fatties lives

Hospitals could be empty by now

And vaccination appears to have zero ability to reduce transmission of omicron

So that argument doesn’t hold water
It doesn’t grow near the rate that a virus does. Changes in rates of heart disease happen slowly over time and can be relatively easily dealt with by expanding hospitals. The same cannot be said for COVID.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Attack the man, not the argument

You’ve lost already
Can be difficult to have genuine discussion when what both parties consider as facts the other considers it nonsense. With no common ground it is impossible to engage the arguments therefore it becomes a battle to discredit (ie attack the man)

Ok...so eat healthy, life a healthy lifestyle, and go to the gym.

That's the plan to deal with a pandemic?

FWIW, I kept working out when the gym was shut. And, people for centuries stated fit without gyms.

No that’s the plan to deal with public health - isn’t that the big issue ?

Covid as a proportion of deaths in this country is minuscule - why do 2-3000 deaths from Covid become more important ? It’s treated like some mystical beast

Authoritarian government telling you exactly how you should live to keep us safe

Next up - contact sport is banned because it causes too many broken bones in hospitals on the weekend

Given I’m “very wrong”

I’m sure you have the data for it to back up that assertion - otherwise your little better than anti-vaxxer Facebook heroes

The head of Pfizer came out the other day and said double vaccination has a mostly zero impact
Two responses:
1) r.e. Evidence is still emerging but here’s a very recent study that concluded transmission by vaccinated people is lower than for those unvaccinated, but best in those who’ve had the booster. It does show that the vaccine is less effective on the transmission rate for Omicron than Delta - which isn’t a bad thing given we have Delta in Australia still and it’s caused far more severe illness and greater rate of death. It’s why WHO are urging the pharmas to focus on adapting the vaccine to be more specific to Omicron.

2) Using the fact that Pfizer boss was indicating issues in double vaxxed people as a counter argument to my post isn’t valid - given my point was clearly stating that you were wrong to state that the vaccines don’t work for transmission of Omicron if you look at those who’ve had the booster (i.e. I wasn’t talking about double vaxxed folks).

Anyway - enjoy dry February (and March, and April, and May…)

No that’s the plan to deal with public health - isn’t that the big issue ?

Covid as a proportion of deaths in this country is minuscule - why do 2-3000 deaths from Covid become more important ? It’s treated like some mystical beast

Authoritarian government telling you exactly how you should live to keep us safe

Next up - contact sport is banned because it causes too many broken bones in hospitals on the weekend
Look you just don’t get it the restrictions are easing now we could have been like Italy or New York but we weren’t
Because we had restrictions and mandates a whole lot of fatty dads and fatty mums sisters brothers and Grandparents are still alive
Just look at Australia’s death rate compared to other countries
you seem to be arguing for a higher death rate more fat people and old people to die

That’s not transmission
It kinda is though....
This Danish study found "Furthermore, we show that fully vaccinated and booster-vaccinated individuals are generally less susceptible to infection compared to unvaccinated individuals. We also show that booster-vaccinated individuals generally had a reduced transmissibility (OR: 0.72, CI: 0.56-0.92), and that unvaccinated individuals had a higher transmissibility (OR: 1.41, CI: 1.27-1.57), compared to fully vaccinated individuals"
You asserted that vaccines have zero ability to reduce transmission, boosters do reduce transmission.....

Back