Covid-19 Mandatory vaccines

Remove this Banner Ad

Chief

Chugging Adrenochrome
Dec 1, 1999
Gates' Payroll
AFL Club
Carlton
https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infec...d-19-vaccination-case-surveillance-051121.pdf

In the peak fortnight of the outbreak to date (25 August to 7 September), the COVID-19 case rate among 2-dose vaccinated people was 49.5 per 100,000 while in unvaccinated people it was 561 per 100,000, a more than 10-fold difference.
The rates of COVID-19 ICU admissions or deaths peaked in the fortnight 8 September to 21 September at 0.9 per 100,000 in 2-dose vaccinated people compared to 15.6 per 100,000 in unvaccinated people, a greater than 16-fold difference.

Last edited:

sorted

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham, West Ham
and those things you quoted are issues but are a lot harder to fix than 2 needles.

im not in NSW, im in VIC, and I quote what happens in my hospital, not that you care as its just "anecdotal"
So, just to re-track, vaccine mandates do not make sense from an infection prevention point of view. Have you accepted that the data from Sweden and the UK shows that the vaccinated are getting infected at a higher rate than the non-vaccinated? It makes a nonsense of mandatory vaccines on the basis that the vaccinated are at risk from the non-vaccinated.

Crankyhawk

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So, just to re-track, vaccine mandates do not make sense from an infection prevention point of view. Have you accepted that the data from Sweden and the UK shows that the vaccinated are getting infected at a higher rate than the non-vaccinated? It makes a nonsense of mandatory vaccines on the basis that the vaccinated are at risk from the non-vaccinated.
I care for hospitalisation rates, now that we have better vaccination coverage infection rates are not a big concern. Of course the view is different in covid zero states/ China (also pursuing covid zero)
Of course nuance is not your strong suit. Data cherry-picking you are expert in

Crankyhawk

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
dont have a smokers room?

smoking is legal today but it wont be for much longer except for people currently already addicted.
No. We provide nicotine replacement but no smoking room. Psych inpatients would smoke in courtyard (on ward) although am hearing they are trying to end this. At any rate nothing in ED setting, and if they abscond while outside psych and sometimes police complain because then they have to re locate and bring back involuntary patients, yet they wait close to 24 hours routinely for a bed
(Off topic though)

Geelong_Sicko

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Sorted, isn't that because most of the eligible populations of those countries are now vaxxed? For example, a population of 80% vaxxed and 20% unvaxed would mean a higher percentage of the 20% unvaxxed are at critical risk, but because the 80% of population is a far higher number then of course the infection rates are going to skew that way.

Ultimate example - in a 100% vaxxed poplation 100% of breakthrough infections will be from vaxxed people!

Can you see this?

Seeds

Hall of Famer
Sep 15, 2007
I don't know
AFL Club
Geelong
Sorted, isn't that because most of the eligible populations of those countries are now vaxxed? For example, a population of 80% vaxxed and 20% unvaxed would mean a higher percentage of the 20% unvaxxed are at critical risk, but because the 80% of population is a far higher number then of course the infection rates are going to skew that way.

Ultimate example - in a 100% vaxxed poplation 100% of breakthrough infections will be from vaxxed people!

Can you see this?
how do you tell who will be an anti vaxer?

the kids who were sh*t at maths in class.

yodellinhank

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 22, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Essendon
Most hospitals are smoke free, which raises some issues when patients aren’t there by choice (mental health assessment orders) and they want to engage in activity which is still legal and used as a stress coping mechanism.
A cigarette will clear that psychosis right up, off you go....

Seeds

Hall of Famer
Sep 15, 2007
I don't know
AFL Club
Geelong
The opposite would be true for the 12-16yo boys being encouraged to get the Pfizer.
well err not true for starters.

but even if it was (its not) do you account for the fact that people may not want to be carriers of a disease they then pass on to older relatives/friends or siblings who may have compromised immune systems? Those factors also weigh on the mathematical decision to vaccinate or not.

Last edited:

Seeds

Hall of Famer
Sep 15, 2007
I don't know
AFL Club
Geelong
So with the virus now ripping across europe again as they approach winter can we finally agree that climate is a major factor in virus spread and this virus is more dangerous during winters most of the time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sorted

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham, West Ham
The rates from the UK are expressed as cases per 100,000 for vaxxed and non-vaxxed so it factors in the relative size of each population. See my earlier post. Or have I misunderstood what you meant?

sorted

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham, West Ham
So with the virus now ripping across europe again as they approach winter can we finally agree that climate is a major factor in virus spread and this virus is more dangerous during winters most of the time
This article is about influenza but applies to other viral respiratory illnesses.

1) During the winter, people spend more time indoors with the windows sealed, so they are more likely to breathe the same air as someone who has the flu and thus contract the virus.​
2) Days are shorter during the winter, and lack of sunlight leads to low levels of vitamin D and melatonin, both of which require sunlight for their generation. This compromises our immune systems, which in turn decreases ability to fight the virus.​
3) The influenza virus may survive better in colder, drier climates, and therefore be able to infect more people.​

SaintsSeptember

Hall of Famer
Mar 19, 2008
Narre Warren North
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
This article is about influenza but applies to other viral respiratory illnesses.

1) During the winter, people spend more time indoors with the windows sealed, so they are more likely to breathe the same air as someone who has the flu and thus contract the virus.​
2) Days are shorter during the winter, and lack of sunlight leads to low levels of vitamin D and melatonin, both of which require sunlight for their generation. This compromises our immune systems, which in turn decreases ability to fight the virus.​
3) The influenza virus may survive better in colder, drier climates, and therefore be able to infect more people.​
Probably hanging on longer in Victoria than it did in NSW for the same reason.

Werewolf

Feb 12, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
I noticed it april 2020. Well before you it seems.
It would've been around then for me actually. I remember telling a (former) friend in May 2020 that the Covid situation would improve in the summer (she disagreed). So everyone should've noticed the seasonal trends by now.

Crankyhawk

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It would've been around then for me actually. I remember telling a (former) friend in May 2020 that the Covid situation would improve in the summer (she disagreed). So everyone should've noticed the seasonal trends by now.
most places have but there have been a couple where summer didn't show improvement (UK, Israel); wonder if there is a confounder of how long since mass primary course of vaccination

sorted

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham, West Ham
I noticed it april 2020. Well before you it seems.
It doesn't matter. There seems to be general agreement on it now.

But as the article I quoted states, vitamin D deficiency is a major factor in compromising people's immune systems. It's particularly a problem for darker skinned people in winter. Supplements to address this are very cheap and very safe. But strangely there's never been any emphasis on it by health providers, the media or government.

SaintsSeptember

Hall of Famer
Mar 19, 2008
Narre Warren North
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
It doesn't matter. There seems to be general agreement on it now.

But as the article I quoted states, vitamin D deficiency is a major factor in compromising people's immune systems. It's particularly a problem for darker skinned people in winter. Supplements to address this are very cheap and very safe. But strangely there's never been any emphasis on it by health providers, the media or government.
If you have a doctor check up including blood tests, its one of the things they often screen for.
I wasn't surprised i had it, i hibernated in winter and you produce less D as you get older.
I was surprised my son had it, video game lifestyle i guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad