Covid-19 Mandatory vaccines

Remove this Banner Ad

Chief

Chugging Adrenochrome
Dec 1, 1999
Gates' Payroll
AFL Club
Carlton
https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infec...d-19-vaccination-case-surveillance-051121.pdf

In the peak fortnight of the outbreak to date (25 August to 7 September), the COVID-19 case rate among 2-dose vaccinated people was 49.5 per 100,000 while in unvaccinated people it was 561 per 100,000, a more than 10-fold difference.
The rates of COVID-19 ICU admissions or deaths peaked in the fortnight 8 September to 21 September at 0.9 per 100,000 in 2-dose vaccinated people compared to 15.6 per 100,000 in unvaccinated people, a greater than 16-fold difference.

Last edited:

sorted

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham, West Ham

That’s how you have mandatory vaccines. Make the selfish stay at home, not the rest of us.

The state premiers are having a good go at out-idioting each other and McGowan is having a crack while the others are away on holiday.

Here he is talking to Aboriginal people like they are are 5 year olds - with a translator.

Crankyhawk

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I was replying to a post that claimed 'one vaccine' would keep patients safe. And that the unvaxxinated are "big pharma's" best friends (because it costs much more to treat an unvaccinated person).

The stats tell us that the fully vaccinated represent between 57% and 69% of those hospitalised in SA. So both these claims appear to be misinformation.
One vaccine to guarantee to safety- yes exaggeration if your quote is correct
You also aren’t quoting icu numbers (that’s where the higher costs are) and hospitalisation numbers are clouded by incidental admissions (stats I earlier posted showed a difference between frequency of incidental admissions for vaccinated vs unvaccinated). All of this points to unvaccinated having a higher chance per head of unvaccinated population of being in hospital or icu due to covid (while vaccinated more likely to be in hospital with something else and just happen to have covid)
Though I admit my data is small at the moment (but no one else appears to be putting up their numbers)

Power Raid

TheBrownDog
Oct 15, 2004
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Fremantle
Quebec just introduced a surcharge for unvaccinated who need hospitalization.

completely reasonable

I advocate this for people who need medical assistance related to smokes, alcohol, weight, fast food and other lifestyle choices

We have medicare for insurance but we also have responsibility

bourbons

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
The stats tell us that the fully vaccinated represent between 57% and 69% of those hospitalised in SA. So both these claims appear to be misinformation.

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F5875f783-4854-42a4-9cc0-171a0153de69_560x376.png

owen87

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Can someone explain to me how sorted hasn't been banned for blatant and continued deliberate misinformation?

For someone sooking about freedom of speech, you're spending a hell of a lot of time posting deliberately false or misleading information.

I suspect you're either too far down the rabbit hole to notice, or you're very aware of the total lies you're posting, I'm leaning towards the latter.

Mofra

Dec 6, 2005
Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray, Coney Island Warriors
South Australia stats are a bit doolally but show fully vaccinated represent between 57% and 69% of those hospitalised. The 'one vaccine' did not keep those people safe.

Should I report you for misinformation?

Well done on misinterpreting data (again).

What proportion of the population is vaccinated vs unvaccinated?

Mofra

Dec 6, 2005
Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
And if 33 to 41% aren’t fully vaccinated (just the obverse of your statistics) and the unvaccinated in south Australia are only 12% of the population it shows that vaccination reduces your relative risk of hospitalisation.

Edit your attempt at misinformation was so predictable.
It's amazing that people so keen to "do their own research" seem to be so bad at it.

Mofra

Dec 6, 2005
Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
completely reasonable

I advocate this for people who need medical assistance related to smokes, alcohol, weight, fast food and other lifestyle choices

We have medicare for insurance but we also have responsibility
We also have some measure of 'disincentive tax' already factored in to tobacco and alcohol, and arguably a miniscule effect too on healthier food options given the items that are exempt from GST.

There is the risk of unintended consequence here too - unvaxxinated people may delay presenting to hospital if they need assistance which could lead to the requirement for more invasive treatment straight up, and further stress on the triaging system.

Power Raid

TheBrownDog
Oct 15, 2004
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Fremantle
We also have some measure of 'disincentive tax' already factored in to tobacco and alcohol, and arguably a miniscule effect too on healthier food options given the items that are exempt from GST.

There is the risk of unintended consequence here too - unvaxxinated people may delay presenting to hospital if they need assistance which could lead to the requirement for more invasive treatment straight up, and further stress on the triaging system.

agree

I guess my position is the more one racks up in preventable bills, the more people pay. Further triage would mean they simply wait at the back of the cue in terms of resources.......no different to our military (a government medical system).

I'd even go as far to say, no jab.........get private health. As that is my position for alcohol, cigarettes and fast food related illness and measured by swiping the medicare card on transaction. Some say this is an invasion of privacy or similar but happy for the bank to know and to sign up for reward cards or check in via a facebook app or similar.

SaintsSeptember

Hall of Famer
Mar 19, 2008
Narre Warren North
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
My dad managed to catch Covid in hospital through no fault of his own.
He was being transferred to another hospital for a procedure, and as a standard procedure tested him. Positive. No symptoms.
So far he has no symptoms whatsoever, but is tying up a hospital bed. ( Procedure delayed until he has no virus ).

He's a walking ( sometimes walking ) pre-existing condition, so thank you AZ for keeping him safe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Opine

Premium Gold
Aug 30, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
He was being transferred to another hospital for a procedure, and as a standard procedure tested him. Positive. No symptoms.
So far he has no symptoms whatsoever, but is tying up a hospital bed. ( Procedure delayed until he has no virus ).

He's a walking ( sometimes walking ) pre-existing condition, so thank you AZ for keeping him safe.
Best wishes for your dad. :thumbsu:

sorted

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham, West Ham
meanwhil participating in the character assasination of Novak

I think it's a deliberate ploy by the media to stoke the fire on both sides of the argument. For example, The Age pushed a story - Could Omicron be our way out? The very next day they were running the opposition angle.

You shouldn't read any of the mainstream media as objective sources of information - more as expressions of their corporate interests.

sorted

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham, West Ham
Can someone explain to me how sorted hasn't been banned for blatant and continued deliberate misinformation?

For someone sooking about freedom of speech, you're spending a hell of a lot of time posting deliberately false or misleading information.

I suspect you're either too far down the rabbit hole to notice, or you're very aware of the total lies you're posting, I'm leaning towards the latter.

As I suspected. Crybaby no. 1.

sorted

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham, West Ham
So, apparently, this super duper infectious virus means double vaxxed are barely protected but it results in less restrictions.

Close contacts are no longer tracked and traced. Close contacts are no longer 15 minutes but 4 hours. Close contacts can go back to work.

Yet non-vaxxed that are not close contacts can't earn a living.

How does this make any sense?

Carringbush2010

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club

Soz to hear that mate, hope he makes a full recovery.

If your dad was not required to be in hospital for his current condition, and is asymptomatic, would the hospital send him home for quarantine? Or would they tie that bed up because he is positive and poses a risk of infecting others?

Curious on the angle the hospital (and the system as a whole) would adopt on this, considering all the beds, icu and ventilators and staff under pressure.

Is there a rule or law that stipulates that if you get covid because you had to go to hospital for another reason and are otherwise declared fit to leave that you have to quarantine at the hospital?

Werewolf

Feb 12, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
So, apparently, this super duper infectious virus means double vaxxed are barely protected but it results in less restrictions.

Close contacts are no longer tracked and traced. Close contacts are no longer 15 minutes but 4 hours. Close contacts can go back to work.

It doesn't. This is about punishing non-compliance. Not about health.

Crankyhawk

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn

I'm taking the charitable view that he doesn't understand so we are in the process of providing education

edit: then yes I get angry with some of the sh*t he posts and I respond with the derision it deserves (see my next post)

Crankyhawk

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn

because fu** the non vaxxers. fu** them to hell.

i'm not interesting in facilitating their psychotic delusions.

bourbons

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Where are all the people requesting the source of your data?
As far as I'm aware its not data, just an abstract infographic/demonstration of how misleading the "but 60% (or whatever) of hospitalisations were vaccinated" line can be when used to question vaccine efficacy.

Pretty sure the math checks out lol

Last edited:

awaremind

Premiership Player
Aug 11, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Well done on misinterpreting data (again).

What proportion of the population is vaccinated vs unvaccinated?
If all the unknown cases were vaccinated then the 10%of unvaccinated hospitalisations would be about right for the vaccines having next to zero impact even if it’s 89% as you would expect statistically the vaccines really aren’t helping much considering the risks associated With an experimental medication. Some of the rhetoric on here seems to be that 100% of the unknowns are vaccinated which is statistically highly unlikely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad