Covid-19 Welcome to Freedom

Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
See my post #23

The Liberal member for Monash, Russell Broadbent, will not be able travel to his electorate and will be locked out of his ministerial offices as he is not vaccinated. Parliament’s rules for operating virtually require MPs to use secure video links from their offices, not their homes. Effectively this means that Daniel Andrews has passed laws that prevent an elected Federal member participating in Parliament.
The other view to that story could be argued that he is making a personal choice, that may reduce or remove his ability to represent his constituents.
I don't think either view is fair.

This is, at least, misinformation.
It's a short, powerful looking sentence. But it's fallacious.
Why ignore
1. Any Federal MP sitting virtually, has already reduced their capacity to fully participate.
2. There have been rules that have been adapted or changed, where reasonable, since the pandemic. This one can continue to change.
3. There is multiple reasons that a secure video link is required. It makes sense that it would be installed in their electorate office, but doesn't mean it's not possible to install it into certain homes, or to find some other way to connect securely.
4. The Federal parliament created the strict rules around virtual attendance.

Additionally, he previously reduced his capacity to participate in certain areas of Government before. When he stood down from "the speaker's panel and his committee chairmanship".
A small part of his reasoning was that he believed Greg Hunt misled him. The implication being that he would now mistrust Greg Hunt.
His very first statement in his list was.
“I’m uncomfortable with mass vaccination of the population, with the vaccine that is, according to Minister Hunt, being trialled across the world.”

So the story is based on a Facebook post by a Federal MP, explaining his position of mistrust, where he specifically mentions the Federal minister for health, Greg Hunt. And this Federal MP may not be able to participate in Federal Parliament, due to Federal Parliament rules, that could be modified again.

And the takeaway from this, is that "effectively this means that Daniel Andrews has passed laws that prevent an elected Federal member participating in Parliament."

But none of what I've just explained matters to certain people, because it's too much to read, or they will just disagree due to confirmation bias, or someone will throw in a quip that 'justifies' it being disregarded.
Because that sentence is short and looks powerful. While my multiple sentences are boring.
Which is part of why I support the requirements. Because in our current climate, it's seemingly impossible to combat misinformation/disinformation.
Misinformation.

That's fine if you are required to be vaccinated if working in health or age care. Or if you wish to get booster shots. But there's no good argument supporting a mandatory vaccine for all workers such as farmers, construction workers and truck drivers.

Farmers: Use foreign and/or transient workers who move between localities.
Construction workers: Also may be foreign and/or transient workers who move between localities and construction sites.
Truck Drivers: Another group of potentially foreign and/or transient workers who move between localities.

All three of the groups you stated there is quote; "no good argument supporting a mandatory vaccine", are perfect examples of groups that required mandatory vaccinations. If you didn't have mandatory vaccinations that included the above three working groups, then COVID would simply keep being transmitted and mutating into variants in places like Israel.

Last edited:
It's clear that the vaccines don't protect much from infection or transmission. Israel is a good example of this. Vaccine passes are now being rescinded so that people have to get a third yellow star to be able to participate in society.

If you're going to post from sources, don't post from someone who makes Trump like an intellectual giant by supporting the use of ivermectin, hydroxychloroquine, fluvoxamine, Vitamin D, and other useless and dangerous s**t.

It's clear that the vaccines don't protect much from infection or transmission.

That's straight-out anti-vax b/s that they're still trying to peddle, despite repeatedly being shown evidence.

Israel is a good example of this.

It's nothing of the sort!

Vaccine passes are now being rescinded so that people have to get a third yellow star to be able to participate in society.

This is not the first time you've tried to make passing links between the vaccination program and Nazism now is it?

Malone quotes his sources under that post. Israeli government data.
Malone is an anti-vaccination nutjob who believes injecting dewormers is an effective treatment for COVID. He's also a nutcase who thinks the sunlight can treat COVID, and that it's all a cunning plan by the global elite/lizardmen/pizza shop owners etc.... to undertake the global reset.

Its the sort of rubbish by those human garbage who pissed/s**t and trashed the war memorial recently, in the name of freedom.

At least you managed to post without trying to make a passing link between the vaccination program and Nazism.

a third yellow star
Oh pleeeease think of the idiot man children being repressed by these nasty nasties in the guvverment! We’ll be packed into trains, our fellow anti-vaxxers dying wedged between us, our women being sent into forced prostitution, our children experimented on!

Do you see what a ****ed up comparison this is? Do you have an ounce of self awareness?

You gross little man.

FFS.

As I said, Malone cited Israeli government data that shows the vaccines don't protect much from infection or transmission.

Maybe start to make a rational argument rather than your ranting and we can have a discussion.
Thats twice you've been able to respond without a veiled link between the Vaccination program and Nazism, maybe you've finally realised what an abhorrent link that is?

As I said, Malone cited Israeli government data that shows the vaccines don't protect much from infection or transmission.

No after you stupidly stated you couldn't any reason why farm workers, construction workers or truck driver; groups of workers that are either foreign workers and/or transient workers that would spread the COVID nationally, and see it mutate; you went scouring the dark little corners of every anti-vax site to support your view.

Here's a hint, Malone is a moron who thinks the sunlight and taking deworming medication is a treatment for COVID. You'd have to be a a complete F/H to quote Malone, or the sort of F/H who'd piss/s**t on the Melbourne War Memorial and leave pro Trump graffiti whilst yelling "freedom" and comparing yourself to those who's memorial you're desecrating.

That's twice you've had the opportunity to actually engage with the evidence I provided but have gone on an unhinged rant. So goodbye.
So your go to for a quote is a moron who supports Trump, meets with Steve Barron, thinks COVID is part of a global reset by various hidden groups (see Lizardmen and pizza hut basements)!! FFS and when your not quoting morons like Malone, you're making links between the vaccination programs and Nazism!

And to top it off you parrot the views of the anti-vaccinations dregs who pissed, s**t and sprayed pro-trump graffiti on the War Memorial whilst claiming to be fighting for "Freedom" and comparing themselves to those who've given their life's for the country, and who's memorial they are desecrating!

FFS grow a brain sorted.

Opine

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
The Liberal member for Monash, Russell Broadbent, will not be able travel to his electorate and will be locked out of his ministerial offices as he is not vaccinated. Parliament’s rules for operating virtually require MPs to use secure video links from their offices, not their homes. Effectively this means that Daniel Andrews has passed laws that prevent an elected Federal member participating in Parliament.

Don’t think that scenario is realistic; because s109 of AU Constitution may result in that federal member’s need to exercise his constitutional responsibilities prevailing over State restriction to the extent of any inconsistency.

Last edited:
Surely even you aren't this stupid to cram those two things in the one sentence.
Yeh he is, it's not the first time he's done so. He's also parroted the arguments of the anti-vaccinators who stood on the War Memorial, claiming to be fighting for freedoms whom the War Memorial represented, whilst they pissed and s**t on it and spray painted pro-Trump Graffiti!

Christopher Buttersnip

Beware of the Drop Bears
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Melbourne
Jan 2, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yeah wasnt chief. Was one of his srp mod minions. The one that says he is a lawyer.

So i decided to protest to chief with a well reasoned complaint cos well .... a mod on the internet was wrong.

and chiefs response was not to slap down the mod for over-modding or even reinstate my thread.

Instead chiefs response was for him to create a covid-19 suffix. :drunk:

no one cares about the suffixs chief. no one goes hey that topic title looks boring but i like the suffix appended to it so I might now wander in and take a gander. Cos of the suffix!

f***. i spent a whole 10 minutes writing my mandatory vaccine rant whilst i had a 2 year old jumping on my back and my eldest crying in corner cos no one wanted to play ball with him. and after all that effort it was denied an audience. Shattered.

Pretty sure it's against the rules to be publicly airing pm conversations with mods...

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
England has ditched plans for vaccine passport, the Health Secretary saying "We just shouldn't be doing things for the sake of it or because others are doing, and we should look at every possible intervention properly." He said he had "never liked the idea of saying to people you must show your papers" to "do what is just an everyday activity".
so im guessing he is getting rid of ordinary passports as well? They have much less value then vaccine passports after all. Dont you agree?

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
I would highly recommend vaccinations for the elderly and for healthcare workers. Then antibody tests, and booster shots if necessary. Also, the introduction of cheap, safe, effective treatments.

But mandatory vaccination for all to be able to live their normal lives is not justified.
30B37919-E315-4D75-B91E-EE4F11679825.jpeg

Back