Teams Manly-Warringah

Remove this Banner Ad

Good riddance to cherry Evans. He's overrated anyway.

Foran a loss.

The big problem in league, all clubs, is that the boards have too much interference in the football operations, AND COUPLED with that a board is made up of multiple people so constant disagreement and cliques etc.

The best model imo is if you had a single owner who hires a general manager to run the football operations, and a hires a ceo to run the business etc side of it.

I hope I win lotto so I can buy the sea eagles and run it as such.
Lets be honest though
most clubs who are in the s**t have been s**t on the field , and are too weak to hold up during lean years with no crowds and members etc.
Manly has been very successful but remain a s**t club primarily because of their inward thinking.

The northern eagles could have been a powerhouse club with a huge junior, corporate and fan base. But as soon as the going gets tough manly kills norths and continues to kill itself.

Sea Eagles seem to have got themselves out of the lower parts of the ladder on the back of a superstar fullback. Watching Storm and Penrith, and it's pretty clear they won't be good enough to take the premiership.

But I have been loving the work of the forward pack. I thought losing big Tino was going to be a worry but some of the younger players have really stepped up with Keppie, Olakau'atu and Paseka.

Has allowed Marty Tapau to be a nice strike weapon to bring off the bench. And Jake Trobojevich is so reliable.

Some hard workers in the centres, and they have found a player in Saab, moves so well and is good in the air.

Dce thrives behind a dominant forward pack, unlike he had in SOO, makes him much more dangerous. And Foran is back to some great form, really running hard at the line, and deft passing makes him a handful.

Credit to Des Hasler to bring it all together after a terrible start to the year.

To be honest, I thought Roosters were going to scrape a win, but Manly were dominant.

That's the template now. But South's won't be that easy.

Good to see Harper come back and play well. I will put my hand up, I wanted him dropped.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back