[Manny Pacquiao] vs [Floyd Mayweather Jnr]

Remove this Banner Ad

reports saying a pac fight with Josh Clottey is going to happen on March 13 now... Clottey is scary tough mofo... but Pac would be confident of a win

http://www.badlefthook.com/2010/1/7/1240139/top-rank-says-manny-pacquiao

Also PBF has a big go at Pac man about not compromising

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=4806180

you dont know who to believe...

if true, and its 24 days v 14 days cut off for blood testing you would say 14 is reasonable and pacman is to blame. Altho a response from Arum and Pacs camp is needed now.

The pacman mayweather fight was never going to happen in march.

All this controversy surrounding testing procedures is just adding fuel to the fire to essentially make it one of if not the biggest fight in boxing history. It adds to the hype and anticipation. Wouldn't surprise me if both camps were exaggerating the angst.

It'll happen at the end of the year.

The pacman mayweather fight was never going to happen in march.

All this controversy surrounding testing procedures is just adding fuel to the fire to essentially make it one of if not the biggest fight in boxing history. It adds to the hype and anticipation. Wouldn't surprise me if both camps were exaggerating the angst.

It'll happen at the end of the year.

Yeah, both will have another fight and then the mega-bout will come later on this year.

As such, I don't really think the 'boxing is dead' sentiment is really warranted at this point.

reports saying a pac fight with Josh Clottey is going to happen on March 13 now... Clottey is scary tough mofo... but Pac would be confident of a win

http://www.badlefthook.com/2010/1/7/1240139/top-rank-says-manny-pacquiao

Also PBF has a big go at Pac man about not compromising

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=4806180

you dont know who to believe...

if true, and its 24 days v 14 days cut off for blood testing you would say 14 is reasonable and pacman is to blame. Altho a response from Arum and Pacs camp is needed now.

I disagree.

It is unreasonable for Floyd to be making these demands in the first place, considering that the NSAC doesn't require blood testing. I don't see why Floyd should be able to make these demands when there is absolutely no evidence that Manny is a drug cheat.

As such, I think Manny has been pretty accommodating to Floyd's demands by allowing three separate blood tests to take place, and one within 24 days of the fight.

This sort of situation makes me understand why people hate Floyd, even though I am a fan of his.

In any case, I still expect the fight to take place, and in the long run, this will simply add to the hype and promotion of the fight.

Well things just got interesting. Check out the 9 minute mark where teddy says there are emails of manny's camp inquiring about steriods and it's implacations. The whole vid is pretty good though. At the end of the day your not going to walk away from 30million dollars because of a blood test unless you have something to hide.

[youtube]VsCz7AS4PkY[/youtube]

Manny going to fight Josh Clottey, at Cowboy stadium.

Dunno what to make of Pac right now. Clottey's a great fighter. Saw him go toe to toe with Cotto earlier last year and a worthy opponent but I, just like the rest of the world wants to see him fight Mayweather and soon, before Floyd can start citing old age....

^quality avatar.

Well things just got interesting. Check out the 9 minute mark where teddy says there are emails of manny's camp inquiring about steriods and it's implacations. The whole vid is pretty good though. At the end of the day your not going to walk away from 30million dollars because of a blood test unless you have something to hide.

[youtube]VsCz7AS4PkY[/youtube]

'sources that told me' ??? :rolleyes: it's getting like the trustworthy afl footy media now...

At the end of the day, in my opinion, 6:20 - 6:53, and 8:21 - 8:28, both say it all.

^quality avatar.

'sources that told me' ??? :rolleyes: it's getting like the trustworthy afl footy media now...

At the end of the day, in my opinion, 6:20 - 6:53, and 8:21 - 8:28, both say it all.

Cmon PK we all know your a manny warrior, Teddy is well respected in boxing circles. Where there is smoke there is fire, there is no way known to man that anyone would refuse 30 million over a blood test which according to that vid has no physical effect on an athlete.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cmon PK we all know your a manny warrior, Teddy is well respected in boxing circles. Where there is smoke there is fire, there is no way known to man that anyone would refuse 30 million over a blood test which according to that vid has no physical effect on an athlete.

Why should Manny have to be subjected to tests that aren't required?

Floyd can't just come out and make ridiculous demands, that he hasn't made for any of his other fights, just because he has a good record.

Manny has been pretty good to my mind, in that he has not only agreed to blood tests, but he's compromised even further to do it within 24 days of the fight instead of 30. I'm not surprised that he's had enough, especially when these demands are based on nothing substantial.

As for these supposed emails, well, if one of Teddy's sources has seen these emails, then it's fair to suggest that they are a part of the Mayweather camp, or at least very close to the Mayweather camp.

I wouldn't consider that to be credible at all.

I'm a fan of both fighters, but as was stated in the video, Floyd isn't bigger than the sport.

When it's one of the biggest fights of all time of course things are going to be different, just like the olympics has stricter drug testing than normal competiton. People forget cyclists get blood tests all the time even DURING the tour de france so manny has no credibility when it says it affects him physically. Does anyone actually think that manny giving blood would cost him the fight? Manny should get over it he is going to be making 30mil from the fight and beating flooyd would accomplish much more than running away and sueing him.

When it's one of the biggest fights of all time of course things are going to be different, just like the olympics has stricter drug testing than normal competiton. People forget cyclists get blood tests all the time even DURING the tour de france so manny has no credibility when it says it affects him physically. Does anyone actually think that manny giving blood would cost him the fight? Manny should get over it he is going to be making 30mil from the fight and beating flooyd would accomplish much more than running away and sueing him.

There's been plenty of big fights before and these tests weren't used. The olympics dont have one competitor demanding extra tests for his event. You don't see Contador demanding him and Armstrong do extra tests no one has had to do before.

This is just an ego thing for both fighters. There's nothing Manny can take that wont be found in the after fight test or the 24 days before test that would be found with tests 14 days before. It's unlikely that he's hiding anything or he wouldn't have agreed to do a test straight after the fight. Remember under the nevada rules he doesn't have to do any blood tests.

I think floyds done this to get under manny's skin and its blown up in his face and he cant back down now. He needs this fight more than Manny because he's never had that career defining fight. I guess Manny hasn't either but he's won in 7 divisions which alone makes him a true great.

In the end we the fans, are the losers, these 2 will lose money but will still make plenty fighting whoever.

There's been plenty of big fights before and these tests weren't used. The olympics dont have one competitor demanding extra tests for his event. You don't see Contador demanding him and Armstrong do extra tests no one has had to do before.

This is just an ego thing for both fighters. There's nothing Manny can take that wont be found in the after fight test or the 30 days before test that would be found with tests 14 days before. It's unlikely that he's hiding anything or he wouldn't have agreed to do a test straight after the fight.

I think floyds done this to get under manny's skin and its blown up in his face and he cant back down now. He needs this fight more than Manny because he's never had that career defining fight. I guess Manny hasn't either but he's won in 7 divisions which alone makes him a true great.

In the end we the fans, are the losers, these 2 will lose money but will still make plenty fighting whoever.

See cycling, I do think it was a tactic by floyd but I think manny has come out of it the worst.

See cycling, I do think it was a tactic by floyd but I think manny has come out of it the worst.

But isn't EPO the main drugs you find in cycling? which has an instant effect of more red blood cells and therefore more O2 to the muscles.

I dont know that much about steroids but aren't they used mostly during training to quicken recovery and get better gains. So manny could still use up to 24 days and stop however long b4 the test he has to. I dont see how a 10 day window will make much difference.

If Manny takes EPO it with have to be before the fight to help him win and would be found in the after fight test.

But isn't EPO the main drugs you find in cycling? which has an instant effect of more red blood cells and therefore more O2 to the muscles.

I dont know that much about steroids but aren't they used mostly during training to quicken recovery and get better gains. So manny could still use up to 24 days and stop however long b4 the test he has to. I dont see how a 10 day window will make much difference.

If Manny takes EPO it with have to be before the fight to help him win and would be found in the after fight test.

Cycling uses all types of s**t and lots of masking agents. I think when they accused him of taking "steriods" they meant anything performance enhancing.

I am a Manny fan.

I just honestly don't think the fight has been permanently refused. It's going to happen, and it's going to happen at the end of this year, start of next year at most.

It was very hard to see this fight happening in march, and what many thought would happen (fight not occurring in march) has now eventuated. However, due to the circumstances, it appears like floyd is being an arrogant s**t trying to dictate terms of the fight, and manny is being a shady character by not agreeing to them, ie more of the public now has a changed view of each fighter which will make them side with the other even more so.

All of this just builds to the suspense of the impending fight. The PPV for this fight is going to be history-making.

and at the end of the day, both parties are going to come to terms anyway regarding prizemoney, blood testing, you name it.

I think the whole thing has been blown out of proportion, and more boxing fans should know it.

Hype = $$$

Remove this Banner Ad

Back