Society/Culture Manus Island - what is your take?

Remove this Banner Ad

years ago Australia took in that crooked auburn councillor salims dad, rescued him from war torn middle east and he came over here made millions apparently mostly illegally spent time in jail and apparently didn't pay any tax to his new country, now salims business partner who happens to be middle eastern is charged with the murder of a bikie boss who just happens to be middle eastern, my point is all you have to do is let a small percentage of undesirables through and this is the end result.

years ago Australia took in that crooked auburn councillor salims dad, rescued him from war torn middle east and he came over here made millions apparently mostly illegally spent time in jail and apparently didn't pay any tax to his new country, now salims business partner who happens to be middle eastern is charged with the murder of a bikie boss who just happens to be middle eastern, my point is all you have to do is let a small percentage of undesirables through and this is the end result.

Your point is nothing more than a rambling, racist mess.

Drove through Auburn a few months ago thanks to Islam it's an absolute s**t hole, I suppose it makes it hard to get a job when the girls wear garbage bags and the blokes where Islamic dresses, and just so kid denial doesn't press the red racist button,it's very simliar to a aussie born welfare suburb just swap the garbage bags for drug abuse, just like drugs Islam brings nothing good to the table.

I do know that I've had to deal with the mainland ones in detention centers when they come to hospital.

I remember there was one who was deemed too much of a security risk to be let in, but also too much of a risk to return to his own country (Sri Lanka, he was a Tamil) - although I can't remember if the risk was to himself or to Sri Lanka.
He would get brought to hospital after trying to kill himself.

Now usually there's something that you can use to redirect people to something positive, something to look forward to.

There was nothing. I could even feel that the decision to want to end his life was rational, not mental illness in a way.

Drove through Auburn a few months ago thanks to Islam it's an absolute s**t hole, I suppose it makes it hard to get a job when the girls wear garbage bags and the blokes where Islamic dresses, and just so kid denial doesn't press the red racist button,it's very simliar to a aussie born welfare suburb just swap the garbage bags for drug abuse, just like drugs Islam brings nothing good to the table.
You’ve obviously never tried baba ganouche.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, that’s an unverified anecdote.
it could be an official statistic but it would not be politically correct to make it public, much the same as the middle eastern crime task force (whos main job was chasing drug dealers) had to have a name change so people of middle eastern appearance were not offended, very similar to Melbourne where the description of a crim on the run who was Sudanese was described as 180 cm tall 85 kilograms dark hair and dark eyes and wearing white t shirt......... seriously

it could be an official statistic but it would not be politically correct to make it public, much the same as the middle eastern crime task force (whos main job was chasing drug dealers) had to have a name change so people of middle eastern appearance were not offended, very similar to Melbourne where the description of a crim on the run who was Sudanese was described as 180 cm tall 85 kilograms dark hair and dark eyes and wearing white t shirt......... seriously

You’re rambling.

The nsw police had Middle Eastern Organised Crime and Gang Squads until Kidd denial posted on the police Web forum and they had to stop, the power of the keyboard.

what don't you understand? im saying there are far to many middle eastern people who have been let into Australia that turn to the drug trade.

Yeah but then you started rambling about Sudanese people and legal migrants. Bear in mind this is a thread about off shore detention and the right is trying to convince others it’s about the law and not race.

My impression regarding the "open ended" nature of the detention has tended to be that they are refused refugee status , a lawyer magically appears, and it all drags on for years.
Not sure if this is correct or not.

It's nearly always the case when you hear a sob story out of the detention centres. Some freeloader gets caught bullshitting and refuses to leave. You won't read about the outcome of the case on theage.com.au of course.

God knows I can't stand the libs, but good for them of putting the interests of austalian citizens and residents ahead of these foreigners. Thats the real reason behind this fake outage.

I don't get why otherwise kindhearted and empathetic people are so often aggressive and hostile to people in this situation. Clearly, those of us who support the rights of refugees have well and truly lost this debate and need to find a new approach.

I get the argument that we don't want people risking their lives coming here, even though I disagree with it, and even though it seems to have been seized upon as an afterthought of a reason, when the Right realised "* off we're full" wasn't as palatable as "* off we're deeply concerned about your welfare". But I don't see how ordinary people can support indefinitely detaining people who have committed no crime in prisons that have virtually zero oversight, where detainees are seemingly murdered without consequence, where women have been raped and denied both justice and their right to an abortion. It is a horror, and shameful, and something we will look back upon with much regret. I just wish that regret would come sooner.

I don't get why otherwise kindhearted and empathetic people are so often aggressive and hostile to people in this situation. Clearly, those of us who support the rights of refugees have well and truly lost this debate and need to find a new approach.

I get the argument that we don't want people risking their lives coming here, even though I disagree with it, and even though it seems to have been seized upon as an afterthought of a reason, when the Right realised "**** off we're full" wasn't as palatable as "**** off we're deeply concerned about your welfare". But I don't see how ordinary people can support indefinitely detaining people who have committed no crime in prisons that have virtually zero oversight, where detainees are seemingly murdered without consequence, where women have been raped and denied both justice and their right to an abortion. It is a horror, and shameful, and something we will look back upon with much regret. I just wish that regret would come sooner.

So tell us how it should work.
Which rights do you consider they should have?
Do you or i have similar rights in ANY other country?

Should we let all refugee's enter? ( The more altruistic in Europe tried this , until it looked like a Scene from WWZ heading towards them and had to renege ).
Do we have an ability to house and feed them all?
Should we let in the aggressive murderous ones?

Or should we just make a lot of noise about how kind hearted we are but not come up with a way to do anything about it.

I get the argument that we don't want people risking their lives coming here, even though I disagree with it, and even though it seems to have been seized upon as an afterthought of a reason, when the Right realised "**** off we're full" wasn't as palatable as "**** off we're deeply concerned about your welfare". But I don't see how ordinary people can support indefinitely detaining people who have committed no crime in prisons that have virtually zero oversight, where detainees are seemingly murdered without consequence, where women have been raped and denied both justice and their right to an abortion. It is a horror, and shameful, and something we will look back upon with much regret. I just wish that regret would come sooner.

on that very simple level, I agree with you. but sadly that is not the reality of the issue faced.

So it all started with the first boat people arriving at her majesties pleasure

Remove this Banner Ad

Back