Many Geelong fans posting here-You are spoiled rotten and ungrateful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catters 070911

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Many people here claim that they go for Geelong.

Could have fooled me.

What I often read is a bunch of whiny, ungrateful, spoiled rotten supporters.

Do you know how long we have gone without a flag so far- six years. SIX YEARS! I would hate to see how many of you would bitch and complain when we went 44 years without a flag.

Granted, we want to win one every year. Who doesn't. But it isn't realistic.

You are spoiled rotten because you expected the flags to come forever, and when they didn't, you blamed all and sundry, instead of realising that premiership windows last so long. Instead of being happy that we have won more flags in the last decade than most teams have won in the last two decades, we bitch and moan, just because Hawthorn have won more.

You are ungrateful, because we still make finals every year. We still compete, despite all the odds against us. We are bringing through youngsters, and yet still make top two most seasons.

You are ungrateful because, instead of recognizing Chris Scott as a premiership coach, and commending his coaching that day, by putting Bartel up forward, you dismiss as "Bomber's flag", when he wasn't even there, all because many of you decided that you didn't want Chris Scott as coach from day one, and weren't prepared to give him a chance, because he wasn't Mark Thompson, as if Scott somehow "stole" the job off Bomber.

You blame Scott for our finals failures, but don't credit him for finals wins. When we lose, it is his fault, not the players who didn't tackle or work hard enough. But when we win, it is 100% the players, and Scott must have sat on his hands and done nothing.

Some of you come across as a entitled bunch of w***ers who have massively unrealistic expectations, and when reality sets in and they aren't met, then you blame others than reassess your expectations. Or you go the other way, and doom the club to years in the wilderness under the current regime, despite the fact that, since they have been there, we have missed ONE finals series.

Why not be more positive and enjoy Dangerfield's heroics, Selwood inspiring the team, or the fact that the little master is back? Instead you bitch about the club retiring players who wouldn't be playing this year anyway (meaning that they were almost done, no matter which club they popped up at).

Things could be better, but they aren't too bad. So let's enjoy the highlights, and have hope for the ultimate. Or if you can't do that, maybe it is time you found something else you enjoy to do.

I get your point, and some of it is valid. But accepting and expecting mediocrity breeds a culture like that of Fremantle or Melbourne. I want the team to get the best out of its opportunities. Yes, I love the wins. I loved our win this year against the Hawks with Danger on one leg. I loved the Bulldogs game where we torched them with skill and pressure. I loved beating the Tigers with half the team out. But the constant failures in finals speak of something wrong with the club, whatever you want to think. If we lost a prelim by a goal or two, then I'd be 100% with you. "We were unlucky, we'll maybe have a crack next year." But that's not what's happening. What frustrates the supporters is that we see brilliance one week, and a putrid, lackluster performance the next, which suggests to people that the team picks and chooses when to play, rather than having some consistent heart. I tend to believe there are many more factors at play than simply effort, but you can see it all over the field when it's not there. And having the coach turn his nose up at people who suggest otherwise is ingratiating. look at Selwood, Dangerfield etc. They give close to 100% every week. That's why they're noticeable in the weeks when the team is 'down' and we get rolled. You can tell that even though things aren't going their way, they're having a bloody crack at the game. You don't get that from Hawkins, Motlop, Menzel, Guthrie (the worst in this category imho), Murdoch, Blicavs etc. And that's what is so goddamned annoying.
You're right - people are more vitriolic than they need to be sometimes. But that's what success breeds, and if this is the cost, so be it. I want more flags.

Melt of the year
tenor.gif

So we get multiple prelim final appearances but shouldn't expect more? Sorry (not sorry) but all opposition fans in the same position would expect more after coming close multiple times and failing.

I guess you're just not a real fan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you want to end up like St Kilda? Or Melbourne? Its called standards. Geelong fans KNEW the club could do and be better than it has in the past, and in the early 2000s the club changed its culture, changed its methods, and lifted the standards not only of the club but also the competition. The criticism on Scott is fair in a lot of regards, if he wants to bang on about how we learned from last year, only to get absolutely smashed in finals again, then he will be called out for it and that is fair enough.

The club is currently under performing and is playing a game style that is not suited to finals. That is fact. People want this club to be better than it currently is. If you want to sit back and watch our Premierships from days gone by and be happy with that, good for you, but a lot of people including myself have a winners mentality and believe we have missed some golden opportunities over the past 6 years to add to our Premiership tally. And when they are that hard to get, throwing away chances due to stupidity, poor coaching or bad preparation in professional sport is not excusable and will leave you open to criticism.

Could have fooled me.

Do you know how long we have gone without a flag so far- six years. SIX YEARS! I would hate to see how many of you would bitch and complain when we went 44 years without a flag.

You are spoiled rotten because you expected the flags to come forever, and when they didn't, you blamed all and sundry, instead of realising that premiership windows last so long. Instead of being happy that we have won more flags in the last decade than most teams have won in the last two decades, we bitch and moan, just because Hawthorn have won more.

You are ungrateful, because we still make finals every year. We still compete, despite all the odds against us. We are bringing through youngsters, and yet still make top two most seasons.

You are ungrateful because, instead of recognizing Chris Scott as a premiership coach, and commending his coaching that day, by putting Bartel up forward, you dismiss as "Bomber's flag", when he wasn't even there, all because many of you decided that you didn't want Chris Scott as coach from day one, and weren't prepared to give him a chance, because he wasn't Mark Thompson, as if Scott somehow "stole" the job off Bomber.

You blame Scott for our finals failures, but don't credit him for finals wins. When we lose, it is his fault, not the players who didn't tackle or work hard enough. But when we win, it is 100% the players, and Scott must have sat on his hands and done nothing.

Some of you come across as a entitled bunch of ******s who have massively unrealistic expectations, and when reality sets in and they aren't met, then you blame others than reassess your expectations. Or you go the other way, and doom the club to years in the wilderness under the current regime, despite the fact that, since they have been there, we have missed ONE finals series.

Why not be more positive and enjoy Dangerfield's heroics, Selwood inspiring the team, or the fact that the little master is back? Instead you bitch about the club retiring players who wouldn't be playing this year anyway (meaning that they were almost done, no matter which club they popped up at).

Things could be better, but they aren't too bad. So let's enjoy the highlights, and have hope for the ultimate. Or if you can't do that, maybe it is time you found something else you enjoy to do.
Is that you Biggy?

Can't say I disagree. I always have to remind myself after a decent melt that I actually have no control of what happens in a game, therefor I shouldn't get so emotional about it. It is my main coping mechanism.

I would very much like the Scott thread deleted.

North Korean... you want censorship of our views

Communist state ...

Get him!!!!!

Ps.. not really.. just seeing what it was like to rant like a headless chook...

Pretty much as thought...

Carry on...
Go Catters

I don't think OP is putting down the passion for wanting wins. I think it's about the abuse thrown at the club and players from keyboards. I this as being aimed at a minority of posters, not the majority of level-headed ones. Thank god these forums aren't voice activated or it would be even worse, but such is the internet.

I don't think OP is putting down the passion for wanting wins. I think it's about the abuse thrown at the club and players from keyboards. I this as being aimed at a minority of posters, not the majority of level-headed ones. Thank god these forums aren't voice activated or it would be even worse, but such is the internet.
The longer Scott has us fail the larger that minority becomes and then the Scott fans become the minority and I can't wait

Could be worse , could be a poster that had a massive meltdown and swore they would never return ;)

Something about GFC being dead to them or something :)
You sir are your own worst enemy. Look at your join date you would be in the POTY contenders for this board if you joined in say March. What's your previous account anyway

Could have fooled me.

Some of you come across as a entitled bunch of ******s who have massively unrealistic expectations, and when reality sets in and they aren't met, then you blame others than reassess your expectations. Or you go the other way, and doom the club to years in the wilderness under the current regime, despite the fact that, since they have been there, we have missed ONE finals series.

Look out.......we've got a 'like' whore over here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back