Many Geelong fans posting here-You are spoiled rotten and ungrateful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh it's different when other teams do it.
Are we going to be the first team to win a flag like this in the draft era?
It would be crazy awesome but I'm not sure if it's realistic.
Only one way to find out I guess.

Every teams list build is different.
Now, to get back on topic, still no evidence of ignoring the future.

I find it weird that trading what 2-3 first rounders is now tantamount to not looking at the future. Bloody spare me.
I don't mind the first rounders. Danger is a no brainer, as was 2E (not even a first round) I think we paid overs for Henderson but oh well he's not injury prone.
The argument comes from yesterday when 2nd rounders on Clark,Hmac,Stanley didn't matter but now it's likely we get 3 decent youngsters.

I don't mind the first rounders. Danger is a no brainer, as was 2E (not even a first round) I think we paid overs for Henderson but oh well he's not injury prone.
The argument comes from yesterday when 2nd rounders on Clark,Hmac,Stanley didn't matter but now it's likely we get 3 decent youngsters.

If you can find evidence that we are the only club to have made trade blunders then you have a case.

P.S. Ty Vickery, Colin Sylvia, Chris Mayne, Jessie White. All clubs make errors at trading.

It’s risk and reward and sometimes it fails.
Now... evidence of neglecting the future.

You raised a good point , however I think the club has managed to balanced it well with the quality youth we have on our list atm.

And with the picks we have in this draft and the F/S selections , should make up for the loss of those “potential” young players we could had have previously

If you can find evidence that we are the only club to have made trade blunders then you have a case.

P.S. Ty Vickery, Colin Sylvia, Chris Mayne, Jessie White. All clubs make errors at trading.

It’s risk and reward and sometimes it fails.
Now... evidence of neglecting the future.
That's fair enough but it is strange. I've never worked in any sort of footy club and they all looked like terrible trades to me and probs to everyone else.
A couple of them I wouldn't have even used a rookie pick on.
Having to pay 98% cap or whatever is not working out IMO

You raised a good point , however I think the club has managed to balanced it well with the quality youth we have on our list atm.

And with the picks we have in this draft and the F/S selections , should make up for the loss of those “potential” young players we could had have previously

What quality youth?

we are devoid of good kids, we basically have a handful and half of that handful are injury prone

What quality youth?

we are devoid of good kids, we basically have a handful and half of that handful are injury prone

I’d be curious to know which players fall into that bracket.
Parfait , Zuthrie , Simpson, Cocky ect

FFS give it time you negative nellys...there’s criticism and then there’s just negatative thinking

Looking forward to the usual response stating they aren’t quality ect ect

Strange Cat they’re meaning “gun youth”.
Not that it should limited to just gun youth.
Probbly the usual expectation that the young players needs to be AA right off the bat

I’m more than happy with the potential some of the young players have displayed, it will come together sooner rather than later.

I’m really over those two particular posters and their bleak outlook on the team/youth

The way some posters are talking about the team/youth we might as well just pack it in and not turn up ever again.

FFS give it time you negative nellys...there’s criticism and then there’s just negatative thinking

FFS why don’t you stop making s**t up? I didn’t say anything negative about players or anything else, I asked who they were.

Probbly the usual expectation that the young players needs to be AA right off the bat

I’m more than happy with the potential some of the young players have displayed, it will come together sooner rather than later.

I’m really over those two particular posters and their bleak outlook on the team/youth

The way some posters are talking about the team/youth we might as well just pack it in and not turn up ever again.
I agree, I don't know why but there is an expectation on gun youth.
The expectation should be on AFL standard footballers, anything above that is all gravy. Unless you get top 5 picks then I think getting a gun is fair to be expected.

I do also get the sense that if our coaching staff, list management, board and players took what's said on here to heart they'd have waved the white flag and given up by now. So much defeatism. 2015 was an average year that was corrected via trade yet there were/are some that suggested we should pack it in and "rebuild" (with a different definition to mine) when it fell short in 2016. Seriously... Lacking the mental fortitude and packing it in after 1 season. Same happened this year.

If we try and fail then so be it, sure beats not trying at all. To abandon now and pull a Carlton is boneheaded. To suggest we're neglecting our future on the back of trading away 3 first round picks is simply lacking in any facts or objectivity. It simply is not true.

4 players out of 45, we sure have quality youth

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah you're gonna get it.
Hey nothing wrong with any of those players for the picks but gee that is rough.

I’m just over ready posts stating that we have no depth or no quality youths.

Might as well say there’s no future the way some of the posts are being written.

Like I said there criticism and then there’s just negatative thinking , GFC has some problems but there no club out there that are 100% perfect and drafts perfectly 100% every year.

It’s almost like no matter what the club tries to do some posters just want to burn down the club no matter what.

I’m just over ready posts stating that we have no depth or no quality youths.

Might as well say there’s no future the way some of the posts are being written.

Like I said there criticism and then there’s just negatative thinking , GFC has some problems but there no club out there that are 100% perfect and drafts perfectly 100% every year.

It’s almost like no matter what the club tries to do some posters just want to burn down the club no matter what.
Must have had no youth when we drew without either Selwood at GWS, whilst debuting 3 players.

But you lot were saying give players like GHS, Murdoch, Lang, Hamling, Cowan and co time as well, lot of good that did. The four you mentioned show promise but it all depends how they are developed and knowing how good we are at developing players the future doesn't look bright for them.

The four you mentioned show promise but it all depends how they are developed and knowing how good we are at developing players the future doesn't look bright for them.
Might as well tell the club to fold and put us out if our misery then .

There’s no hope left , no glimmer of any future success. I can see the darkness on the horizon....hello misery my friend

Might as well tell the club to fold and put us out if our misery then .

There’s no hope left , no glimmer of any future success. I can see the darkness on the horizon....hello misery my friend
Don't be like that, it will all turn around in 2020.

We'll have a new coach that will give us direction and development that we lack now, good times will be had again.

Don't be like that, it will all turn around in 2020.

We'll have a new coach that will give us direction and development that we lack now, good times will be had again.
What a bleak outlook you have for the team, sad really just because of a few poor final series after 3 flags you’re prepared to write everything off.

Really pathetic imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back