Toast Marc Murphy [200th Game] - Favourite Memories

Remove this Banner Ad

TeeJay Blue

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Despite everybody's thoughts about him over the years, Marc Murphy has shown care for the supporters and informed his love an appreciation for playing in the navy blue.

IF he pulls up well, he will play his 200th game for the Carlton Football Club on Friday night against the Hawks. It might not be a massive milestone compared to a 300th or a 400th (like Brent Harvey), but it would be nice to show some appreciation in return and congratulate him for such an achievement.

To celebrate, let's share some of our favourite memories of Murphy in the famous jumper over his 10 seasons at Carlton.

My favourite moment would be the finger to the Collingwood cheer squad LOL. But in terms of actual footy, nothing will beat him being one of the biggest contributors (along with Juddy of course) in the 2013 elimination final against the Tigers.

What are your favourite memories of Murphy on field?

P.S. Also congratulate Casboult on approaching his 50th game.

Last edited:
1166 players have played at least 1 senior game for Carlton. Marc Murphy will be the 30th player to play 200 games played for the Blues. Only 2.5% get to that point, less if you consider the ones that don't get to play a game at all. Something to celebrate.

For all his faults, he's got staying power :p

In all seriousness, Murph has had a heck of a lot of weight on his shoulders. From the pressure of being a number one pick to the extreme pressure of being a young club captain (taking the reigns off Judd!) he has had all eyes on him since the first time he laced up his boots.

He seems to be bouncing back to his top form...here's to more of this:

Vs Port final home and away game in 2013 - played a captains last quarter.

That's the one that sticks out in my mind. Immense effort by the skipper. Lead them and they followed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love murph more than most so I have a few.
1. Left foot snap on goal in a come from behind win v Brisbane. Maybe 08 or 09. Remember the commentators saying Carlton would not be in this game if it wasn't for Marc murphy coming off a wing.
2. Running goal v Richmond from the pocket. I'm guessin. 2006.
3. When we flogged Essendon by 80 in the sky walker game. Marked on the flank v McVeigh played on shrugged the tackle and kicked a goal.
4. Goals v Sydney and Collingwood in 2011. Burst of pace sidestep and goal running through 50.

And the one that stands out most that no one would even know is a kick to a leading forward vs saints in his first or 2nd year. Was in the right pocket stopped on a dime and kicked a drilling inbound pass off the instep.

Overall I remember murph as super damaging forward of centre playerwho could deliver to forwards and kick goals through through the arc. Think we have probably seen the best of him. Seems to have lost a yard and his lateral movement and stopping. Also forced to play inside too much.

Being tagged from the get go, first 3 rounds of 2012, last quarter of Port 2013, flippin' the bird at filth cheer squad, and stepping out of Judd's shadow mid-2015 to present.
If he wants it, i think he can still be our next premiership captain.

His first season playing so well he got targeted after about his 4th game.

Sadly, it became a pattern for his career.

Been very happy with his efforts since MM left.

I love that the bloke has played so hard (despite opposition jibes that he squibbs). He is a little bloke but has put his head over the ball often enough to put the 90kg+ mids these days to shame. Will never forget the way he kept bouncing back from serious collision injuries only to show the courage a captain should and go in hard again.

I love murph more than most so I have a few.
1. Left foot snap on goal in a come from behind win v Brisbane. Maybe 08 or 09. Remember the commentators saying Carlton would not be in this game if it wasn't for Marc murphy coming off a wing.
2. Running goal v Richmond from the pocket. I'm guessin. 2006.
3. When we flogged Essendon by 80 in the sky walker game. Marked on the flank v McVeigh played on shrugged the tackle and kicked a goal.
4. Goals v Sydney and Collingwood in 2011. Burst of pace sidestep and goal running through 50.

And the one that stands out most that no one would even know is a kick to a leading forward vs saints in his first or 2nd year. Was in the right pocket stopped on a dime and kicked a drilling inbound pass off the instep.

Overall I remember murph as super damaging forward of centre playerwho could deliver to forwards and kick goals through through the arc. Think we have probably seen the best of him. Seems to have lost a yard and his lateral movement and stopping. Also forced to play inside too much.

That one stands out to me too. That the one he kicks basically at right angle to the leading forward about 35 out? No one saw it coming, and no one else had a chance to touch it.

That was probably the most impressive individual play I've seen from murph. Showed me how skilled he was and also possibly demonstrated his best role - attacking mid. He can be an accumulator, he can win his own ball but I see him as most damaging as an elusive mid/HFF managing clever delivery into 50.

I have no specific memory other than the disappointment of his shoulder/collarbone wreckage against Brisbane in his first season.
Out of that disappointment came one of his finest moments.

Having been buried by Copeland & clearly in pain, he still got up & attempted to lay a tackle. Fine stuff from a first year player.

Congrat Murph, 200 is a great acheivment, cops a lot of criticism, unfairly at times..

Essendon elim final, the bird to Pies supporters, and I like him forward knows where the goals are, he's a champ

That one stands out to me too. That the one he kicks basically at right angle to the leading forward about 35 out? No one saw it coming, and no one else had a chance to touch it.

That was probably the most impressive individual play I've seen from murph. Showed me how skilled he was and also possibly demonstrated his best role - attacking mid. He can be an accumulator, he can win his own ball but I see him as most damaging as an elusive mid/HFF managing clever delivery into 50.
Yep. That's the one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back