Rumour Marc Murphy upset/targeted ?

Remove this Banner Ad

It was the media that came out and said the sledges were of a personal nature etc yesterday morning. That's when the public speculation ramped up. I wasn't even aware of the rumours before yesterday, didn't even know who murphys wife was, didn't even know he was married. But I'm aware of it now and I'm sure there are 1000s in the same boat.

You think the public would have worked it out based on a brawl? There are brawls every year. I've never of thought any more of it than any of the others, close game-high tensions is usually where I go in my head when these things happen.
Well they had to say something because everyone had seen the way Murphy had behaved.

They still never mentioned Carey though. That was the public.

Love how Wayne Carey has become the boogeyman to footballers. 'If you don't go back with the flight Carey appears in your house when you're not home'.

Given Carey's history of off-field violence, I'd rather take my chances with the boogeyman. Carey showing up in my house with a glass in his hand would be ******* scary.

Very ironic for Murphy to call someone a weak dog whilst he stands over an injured player and says it if true. And then not shaking players hands at the end, not a good look for the captain. s**t bloke

I wouldn't be expecting a hand shake from you if I'd just finished telling you how a bloke I know had been shagging your wife. Quite the opposite.

Disagree. The media is under no obligation.
And again, like my previous post, no one was linking carey based on a brawl that a st kilda player started and not murphy.
You do realise a lot of fans saw what happened and it quickly spread on social media? Wasn't just done by the likes of Fox Footy, the public had a fair idea that it wasn't just a regular skirmish.

You do realise a lot of fans saw what happened and it quickly spread on social media? Wasn't just done by the likes of Fox Footy, the public had a fair idea that it wasn't just a regular skirmish.
I heard many theories regarding what happened when murphy ran up to carlisle before the fight, That was not not one of them, and I read through saints and blues boards on the day and not 1 mention of the rumour until after the sunday footy show. Due to Geary starting the fight the conversation was actually the reverse.
Not sure why you are defending the media at all to be honest, I doubt 1% of the afl supporter base uses forums or any avenues of such to obtain this kind of info. Now its plastered all over tv, radio, facebook reaching everyone and even those who don't follow football.

If you think it was not in the best interest of Murphy and his wife for this to not be a media hot topic then I think the conversation is over.

Marc is such a sensitive soul

murphybakers-246-1.jpg

Yeah, what a campaigner donating his time for breast cancer awareness, terrible bloke

So of course the Footy Media felt obliged to inform the public why Murphy reacted the way he did which in turn further embarrassed Murphy and his wife and led to a classic reenactment of that famous Clinton speech "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" by King Duck who decided previously with Murphy not address rumored allegations of adultery publicly but felt now he had to thanks to the Footy Media bring it to the boil :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You got to laugh when you see minor s**t like this being made out to be an issue these days.
Its just a blue on the field. Wouldnt have happened if the rumour didnt trouble Murphy in some way....so it now looks like an easy way to distract Carlton or their captain from this day fwd.
If the moron takes offence to a throwaway rumour then he's either soft in the head, or has a niggling doubt over its veracity.

Even funnier is some of the reaction....when the new age ultra conservative, social media addicted morals crusaders claim that "I $#$@ed your mum" stuff like this should somehow be "off limits" then it all becomes an instant joke.

If Murphy is that sensitive to it...its open slather time :thumbsu:

Nice sledge.
Any sledge that works is a good one.
Was a time not long ago when thats all it would have been...and so far that seems to be all it was.

No harm done by any normal standards, but its now free gold on the paddock unless Murphy can somehow deal with it, instead of making it obvious that he is worried there might be truth to it.

Cant blame anyone but yourself when any old rumour can garnish that type of reaction.

What a joke the world is
Caroline Wilson says its a disgrace to women and the AFL should have done more because you can't tarnish women's reputations.

However a minute later she says it's cool to have a go at Carlisle because his things were public knowledge.
So you can only have a go at Murphys wife if Caroline Wilson spends 4 years doing daily articles about it?

What about Carlisles feelings. Maybe he had heavy depression when he took cocaine, play on he's a man.

* Caroline Wilson she's is a disgusting person inside and outside

Sure is interesting watching the replay of the weekends game. Murphy seems to be smiling alot and is extremely chirpy for a bloke who was utterly devastated and offended by the sledge.

You can see him saying something to Carlisle at the background of a mark/stoppage. Suddenly Carlisle turns his head removes the mouth guard and says something back. Murphy laughs. Then later on the incident occurs.

He doesn't confront Carlisle again.

I reckon he realised he did the wrong thing giving it to Carlisle when he was injured and couldn't respond plus the condemnation he copped from it on the day and after the game so he's tried to find his excuse.

The players will know the truth about what's happened. As much as you hide behind it they will know

My bad I read it wrong.

Still it's pretty clear something was said about his wife and Murphy got really pissed off. Don't see how it couldn't be misogynistic in nature.
alternative feminist pov may seen this as an individual, male or female, exerting their autonomy, and corporeal property rights. say, ask germaine greer.

Sure is interesting watching the replay of the weekends game. Murphy seems to be smiling alot and is extremely chirpy for a bloke who was utterly devastated and offended by the sledge.

You can see him saying something to Carlisle at the background of a mark/stoppage. Suddenly Carlisle turns his head removes the mouth guard and says something back. Murphy laughs. Then later on the incident occurs.

He doesn't confront Carlisle again.

I reckon he realised he did the wrong thing giving it to Carlisle when he was injured and couldn't respond plus the condemnation he copped from it on the day and after the game so he's tried to find his excuse.

The players will know the truth about what's happened. As much as you hide behind it they will know

So Murphy sledges Carlisle first about the drug controversy - then Carlisle gives it back to him re: his alleged adulterous wife - then Carlisle cops one in the scrote - then Murphy sledges Carlisle again whilst he lies injured on the ground ....... hmmmmmmm

Certainly does look and sound that way St C.

So Murphy sledges Carlisle first about the drug controversy - then Carlisle gives it back to him re: his alleged adulterous wife - then Carlisle cops one in the scrote - then Murphy sledges Carlisle again whilst he lies injured on the ground ....... hmmmmmmm

Certainly does look and sound that way St C.

Does seem as if it's fair game to sledge Carlisle on anything but not Murphy.

You don't think that next year when the two teams meet again that the media will not be labelling it as a grudge match.
Chance for Murphy to stand tall etc ...

Not really. Might get a few throw away lines on match previews, footy show etc. No-one will be writing articles about it. Match after that, not a peep.

Your captain and coach have admitted you went too far. Move on.
False news.

Firstly, they're not my captain and coach.
Secondly, they didn't admit that the 'club' webt too far. That's just not true.

They've stated that whilst Carlton and St Kilda were sledging each other, one possibly two St Kilda players crossed the line with something they said at one point.

As a 'club', they're trying to own it for two reasons - to protect the player/s involved and for commercial reasons.

It's as simple as that.

There is no logic either to having formally disgraced or drunkard or rumor mongering AFL ex-thug players / media personalities taking the high moral ground.

Whatever was said on the field has been shared by Murphy or his Carlton cohorts and now the media have taken it to another level - the fact that it has spread like wildfire throughout media circles just shows how that they too have no respect for Murphy, his wife and their privacy.

What spins my head though is that King Duck Carey has now come out and defended himself even though the sledging had nothing to do with him - of course it must be St Kilda's fault .... I mean what the hell is that all about??

Murphy and his wife are now in a super embarrassing position and the media have to take a large amount of blame for this - Murphy was supposedly happy to leave it on the field but the media weren't and now its been brought to the public's attention that Murphy's wife may have been sleeping around contrary to subsequent denials.

Either way its now in the public domain however it would not have been if the media had an ounce of sensibility and sensitivity to the situation.
Spot on.

The media have used an isolated sledging incident to bring an unsubstantiated rumour about a woman into the public domain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back