Recommitted Marc Murphy [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Class player, would have him at the Pies for a couple of years, could see West Coast or Adelaide trying to lure him.
Would be fitting if he ended up at Brisbane but can’t see it happening.

Can’t see him leaving, but would have him at the tiges in a heartbeat, IF he left for unders. A midfield of Dusty, Cotch, Prestia, Murphy, Grigg, Caddy is A+

Losing Murphy would set Carlton back 3 years.

You think 3 years? Have hardly seen him in the previous two years, not sure it would make such of a difference. Has stuck with the Blues through thick and thin and would like him to stay (but hand over the C to Cripps and / or Doc).

However if he decided to leave best wishes and no hard feelings, would be a great get for a team in the mix that has some midfield depth so he doesn't have to try and do the heavy lifting, his gut running is A1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A recent article has him going to Geelong If he decides to leave. We don't need another soft footballer so let's hope he stays put ot goes elsewhere.

Overrated.

At his best - pre-injuries - Murphy was a star. He's slowed down considerably now.

You think 3 years? Have hardly seen him in the previous two years, not sure it would make such of a difference. Has stuck with the Blues through thick and thin and would like him to stay (but hand over the C to Cripps and / or Doc).

However if he decided to leave best wishes and no hard feelings, would be a great get for a team in the mix that has some midfield depth so he doesn't have to try and do the heavy lifting, his gut running is A1.
I think just losing Gibbs & Murphy in two consecutive years will be detrimental for the club. Club leaders and senior bodies would take years to replace.

I actually reckon Sydney would be a good fit for him. They could use some more polish on the outside and I imagine with Tippett retiring they’d have the cap space to accomodate him.

That being said he had a pretty poor start to this year and looks to have slowed down somewhat. He’s still got a decent footy brain and is dangerous around goals. He’d enjoy playing as pure outside mid ala 2011 again.

Might be just what he needs to rejuvenate himself. I’ve got no doubt he’ll be replaced as captain either way too.

Can’t see him leaving, but would have him at the tiges in a heartbeat, IF he left for unders. A midfield of Dusty, Cotch, Prestia, Murphy, Grigg, Caddy is A+

Richmond would be a side where he could get as close to his 2011 form as he could - would significantly hide his deficiencies while allowing his strengths to flourish. Sydney would also be one.

Would be happy with band 2 right now. Not near Gibbs value in terms of what would we receive due to contract. Would prefer he stays because he offers footskills and goalsense that we need and we have enough kids without adding in a late first rounder for the compo pick, but we definitely aren't getting band 1, although I guess there wouldn't be much difference for us in band 2 and 3 compo. Gibbs is the one that has set us back I think - although having Murphy injured is a double whammy in terms of losing 3 of our best from last year (Murphy 3.5 games, Gibbs left, Docherty 0 - add in Kreuzer missing almost a month, that's our top 4 in the B&F last year) - but I reckon Gibbs was a lot more damaging player than Murphy was last year. Still wouldn't be ideal to lose both 2 years in a row.

Richmond would be a side where he could get as close to his 2011 form as he could - would significantly hide his deficiencies while allowing his strengths to flourish. Sydney would also be one.

Would be happy with band 2 right now. Not near Gibbs value in terms of what would we receive due to contract. Would prefer he stays because he offers footskills and goalsense that we need and we have enough kids without adding in a late first rounder for the compo pick, but we definitely aren't getting band 1, although I guess there wouldn't be much difference for us in band 2 and 3 compo. Gibbs is the one that has set us back I think - although having Murphy injured is a double whammy in terms of losing 3 of our best from last year (Murphy 3.5 games, Gibbs left, Docherty 0 - add in Kreuzer missing almost a month, that's our top 4 in the B&F last year) - but I reckon Gibbs was a lot more damaging player than Murphy was last year. Still wouldn't be ideal to lose both 2 years in a row.
I agree, Carlton would/should be trying to keep him! His experience alone is invaluable to your kids coming through the ranks. Just saying, if he was gettable and there was mutual agreement he was leaving, would love Richmond to throw their hat in the ring

Remove this Banner Ad

Back