Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
No appreciation for Silk

Cheers for the 4 games out of Shotgun

I think what Mess is alluding toward, is that if we are all dependent upon Dodo getting the ball rolling insofar as a quick & fair trade outcome is concerned, then we may well all still be waiting here in another years time.

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
Cough up that third rounder!!!

Rather keep him but can't be mad for a guy who's stuck behind a great ruckman and a dude we just extended for 3 years who can take a fantastic grab

He has potential, just needs to spend all summer running, too good for VFL. Maybe he gets his chance where Phillips isn't upto standard yet and Kreuzer is injury prone and can play multiple positions

Good luck to him, deserves a good run

hawkermitch

Team Captain
May 5, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Marc P is stuck behind 2 rucks but is ever improving, it appears a trade will get made for Marc to get to the Blues.
It will be a handy addition for the blues but sad that a 23 year old yet to reach his prime will be lost to the hawks.
Marc will be good at the Blues and hopefully the hawks can grab another back up ruck but they would not be half as good as Marc.
Well done Carlton getting a young bloke with all the input from the hawks over 5 years - a bargain for sure.

markr

Premiership Player
Aug 23, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Are you really getting that worked up over such a little trade? Relax.
Ha, not worked up at all, just honestly curious what the point is. I guess every spot counts if you're both trying to draft the same player, but both of these deals should have just been player for a single pick.

Edit: I've deleted my previous post and my lawyer has asked me to read this statement confirming that the Carlton recruiting team are not, in fact, w***ers.

Kreuuuzeurns

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Ha, not worked up at all, just honestly curious what the point is. I guess every spot counts if you're both trying to draft the same player, but both of these deals should have just been player for a single pick.

I feel somewhat the same. Seems like they’re trying to justify the deal taking 10 days.

However it could be the difference between a Harris Andrews or a Jayden Foster. Any upgrades are good upgrades.

Deadpool

All Australian
Jun 3, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Huge win for the Blues here. Replace an okay ruckman that has found his ceiling with a 23 year old with tons of upside and that fits into their age demographic like a glove for basically nothing.

Nice work.

CaptainHowdy87

Premiership Player
Jul 14, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I thought Hawks really rated this guy...

I guess they think Big Boy has a couple more years left in him and that Ceglar is sufficient back-up and eventual successor.

Slick

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
Berwick
AFL Club
Hawthorn
That’s a great deal for us.

Very happy with that for a bloke with huge potential.
Huge potential is a streeeeeetch. Pitto is a good VFL ruckman, but while he's very good at the rucking aspect of his game, he has a poor tank, doesn't accumulate possessions, can't mark the thing and doesn't influence the game away from the centre square at all.

He's a very old school style ruckman and the game is trending away from that sort of player. Who knows though, with greater opportunity and a different system, it might be the spark he needs to take his game to another level.

May 10, 2007
Under the table
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
He's young enough that he might surprise. But he's pure back-up, with a slight chance of developing into more. I'm happy with that. Replaces a guy who was just pure-back-up.

I like the suggestion that he has a little bit of a physical edge to his game, because the Blues are generally wusses.

Jul 16, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
I thought Hawks really rated this guy...

I guess they think Big Boy has a couple more years left in him and that Ceglar is sufficient back-up and eventual successor.

Pitto has done well at VFL level but always looks alittle too slow at ground level when playing AFL.

He will be a backup for his career IMO.

Boristown

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Weird that Essendon didn't have a crack at Pittonet, rather taking the bloke he's replacing at Carlton.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
What a fabulous pick up Pitto has been for Carlton, being in our best players the last 2 weeks.

Hindsight is 20/20 but I feel like the Hawks backed the wrong guy backing in Ceglar over Pittonet.

He is a massive upgrade on a broken down Andrew Phillips and really helped feel the void in Kruezer's absence

Huge potential is a streeeeeetch. Pitto is a good VFL ruckman, but while he's very good at the rucking aspect of his game, he has a poor tank, doesn't accumulate possessions, can't mark the thing and doesn't influence the game away from the centre square at all.

He's a very old school style ruckman and the game is trending away from that sort of player. Who knows though, with greater opportunity and a different system, it might be the spark he needs to take his game to another level.
Pitto seems to have debunked just about everything you have written about him so far when he has been given the bonafide chance to be a teams No.1 ruck.

Could not be happier with him currently.

Kreuuuzeurns

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
What a fabulous pick up Pitto has been for Carlton, being in our best players the last 2 weeks.

Hindsight is 20/20 but I feel like the Hawks backed the wrong guy backing in Ceglar over Pittonet.

He is a massive upgrade on a broken down Andrew Phillips and really helped feel the void in Kruezer's absence

And upgrading 63 to 61 is just icing on the cake.

Back