Racing March Daily Punt - Coronavirus > Caulfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's true but I think/hope we may have avoided an Italian outcome

Geez you'd friggen hope so - we are still tracking bog average compared to most other countries though - nothing to suggest we are special. We've still got almost two weeks of non-lockdown cases to feed through to the data. Racing will be toast eventually

Geez you'd friggen hope so - we are still tracking bog average compared to most other countries though - nothing to suggest we are special. We've still got almost two weeks of non-lockdown cases to feed through to the data. Racing will be toast eventually
One of the highest testing rates per capita means our data is somewhat reliable. Numbers wise we’ve only had one bad day in the last handful. Another spike will come as we expand testing away from international arrivals and to the general public, but that’s expected.

Out of all the data and tests we do or don’t have, the numbers that can’t lie is the hospitalisations and those in ICU. If we get through the next 14 days with those numbers still looking good, we’re in a good position.

Seeing what happened to Italy/Spain/US was enough for most of us to take this seriously before the government stepped in. Of course there’s still plenty of time for us to completely * this up, and there seems to be enough idiots out there trying to do just that. Hopefully these new restrictions take care of most of them.

Racing Victoria announces prizemoney cuts

Racing Victoria has announced cuts to prizemoney at both metro and country level and will temporarily stand down or ask more than 40 per cent of its permanent staff to work reduced hours as it attempts to reduce its expenditure due to the coronavirus.

With COVID-19 having a significant economic impact across the country, RV said it was announcing the financial changes to help protect the state’s racing industry.

And in making the announcement Racing Victoria Chairman Brian Kruger said the measures would help the industry survive if it is forced to shut down.
It was a view echoed by RV chief executive Giles Thompson on After The Last, who said it was "very important to take measures as quickly as we can to guard for that future in very uncertain times.

"The decisions we made today were very difficult to make and they have far, wide ranging consequences for many across the state of Victoria and probably beyond as well."

The prizemoney cuts, which come in from April 6, will see:
- Metropolitan prizemoney drop 20 per cent per race.
- Country prizemoney drop 10 per cent per race, provided that no TAB race is conducted for less than $20,000.
- Metropolitan Super VOBIS and VOBIS Gold bonuses will drop by 15 per cent.
- Country Super VOBIS and VOBIS Gold bonuses will fall by 7.5 per cent.
- The Showdown for two-year-olds at Caulfield on April 18 will have its prizemoney reduced from $1 million to $905,000.
- VOBIS Gold Guineas for three year-olds on the same day will be reduced from $500,000 to $452,500.

- Prizemoney for the VOBIS Gold premier races, excluding The Showdown and VOBIS Gold Guineas, reduced by 20 per cent for metropolitan races and 10 per cent for country races.

Racing Victoria also announced that more than 40 per cent of its staff, from Wednesday, would be temporarily stood down or be required to reduced hours.

Chairmans
Carif, Mustajeer, Mirage Dancer no guarantee to back up.
Chosen One I think can bounce back but been a bit disapointing this prep
How many chances does Youngstar get?

The rest of them are ok but aren't strong.

Gallic Cheiftain won this race last year 3rd up, 2nd in the Metrop 3rd up in the Spring. Going to have a nibble at $17/$5. odds boosted to $20.
Youngstar seems to SP embarrassingly short (for her) every time she races. Don’t get it
Anyone give Kolding a chance in the Doncaster?
Back to NSW over the mile
I’ll be on my girl but think a saver on him too
Absolutely none

Im like Kolding but i cant see it winning The Doncaster at all. Outside of MB i like Con Te’s chances.

None - been found at this prep for the fraud that he is.

Looking at the pre-noms market the fact that Shared Ambition - a dead set 2 miler is second fave suggests to me that Melody Belle should really be a $3 shot.

None - been found at this prep for the fraud that he is.

Looking at the pre-noms market the fact that Shared Ambition - a dead set 2 miler is second fave suggests to me that Melody Belle should really be a $3 shot.
Wanted to take the $6 but no refunds on the All in.. just in case we dont race by Saturday.

MB may get her swamp but only horse in the field carrying her WFA weight. She gets in terribly. Barrier 14 consigns her to go back, hope the tracks fair.

Not done since peak More Joyous

She’s not good enough. Maybe on a genuine heavy she finds something but her previous form in Australia is not up to it with this weight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Enjoy these markets you do. How do you go about pricing them all?

For the big races most horses have met each other before so base the general pricing of where they SP'd relative to others historically. So for example the TJ prices I started with last years Everest SPs as half the field is backing up. Then changes for obvious shits in form (i.e. Nature Strip $6 despite SPing $21 in Everest) and personal thoughts (i.e. think a mile is about a mile short of Shared Ambition's best trip).

Rain for Syd Thursday, Friday..(29deg for saturday though) Melody Belle fans doing the rain dances all week!. :D

also the Caulfield rail out 9 metres with wet weather forecasted, enter the fast lane!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back