Racing March Daily Punt: Just Another Heavy 10 For Sydney

Tancred/ Vinery stakes Double

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Shelby into $6.

Overpass a chance in TJ?

If you think Shelby is a chance (this just in - he isn't - the TJ winner never comes through the Galaxy because its actually won by legit WFA horses) then you absolutely have to be on Overpass given he gets a 6 kg turnaround for the Galaxy defeat in which he was held up half the straight while Shelby got all the splits - he would be a bet if they were both the same price yet he is 3 times the price of the hype highway horse! I mean if you are taking $6 Shelby you need to also save on Bellucci Babe as it gets a weight swing too and probably should have won the Galaxy with a clear run.

These aren't the right formlines though

Overpass is clearly the bet in the TJ on like a 1/3 or 1/4 each way basis. Ed and NS the top two but don't think they are as far ahead of the pack these days and flip a coin for which one you want to be on. Masky is gone at the game and King Shelby is taking up a big chunk of unders on the second line.

Like Paris said massive weight turn around on Shelby from the Galaxy where he didn't get much room all the way up the straight. Should sit right on the back of Ed. The $26/$5.20 EW at B365 or $4.20 the place at Sportsbet is a bet

How Paulele is shorter here after having the same SP in the Galaxy with 3kgs less and getting walloped I have no idea either

Godolphin plus some thought it was just ridden completely dead from the wide gate (which it was). The Arabs never learn anyway so most likely it will be ridden completely dead again and never get into the race. Announce a change of tactics and I'd be interested (also has about a 10 length jockey upgrade).

If you think Shelby is a chance (this just in - he isn't - the TJ winner never comes through the Galaxy because its actually won by legit WFA horses) then you absolutely have to be on Overpass given he gets a 6 kg turnaround for the Galaxy defeat in which he was held up half the straight while Shelby got all the splits - he would be a bet if they were both the same price yet he is 3 times the price of the hype highway horse! I mean if you are taking $6 Shelby you need to also save on Bellucci Babe as it gets a weight swing too and probably should have won the Galaxy with a clear run.

These aren't the right formlines though

You are not taking into account Shelbies previous run, or the run before. Unlike the horses mentioned, he has run down the top two. :)

You are not taking into account Shelbies previous run, or the run before. Unlike the horses mentioned, he has run down the top two. :)

When's he ever run down Eduardo?

And the run after that he only just got past Rule of Law who is 100/1 here

When's he ever run down Eduardo?

And the run after that he only just got past Rule of Law who is 100/1 here
Never said he won.

Interesting comment i was reading this week from Richard Freedman (i think) about not backing horses up after running on a heavy track which he did with Forbidden Love. The fact SS kept racing week in, week out and now has had the two week break, could we see an improved performance?

Coming from last is the real killer. Would love to see the horse win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never said he won.

Interesting comment i was reading this week from Richard Freedman (i think) about not backing horses up after running on a heavy track which he did with Forbidden Love. The fact SS kept racing week in, week out and now has had the two week break, could we see an improved performance?

Coming from last is the real killer. Would love to see the horse win.

Step back up to 1200 must also be some sort of question mark? I doubt the extra week off is a positive either - if anything I'd have it as a negative given how good he has been going racing every week.

If your backing Converge in the Donny, you surely need to have a small wager on Hilal at $67 thats a huge price.

If your backing Converge in the Donny, you surely need to have a small wager on Hilal at $67 thats a huge price.

Yes - doubt it goes a yard in the ground but worth a dollar at that price just in case it does.

You'd hate to be the owner of a winning horse in Victoria with Terry Bailer doing the call. The name may or may not be correct, its actual position in the race may be inaccurate or it may get ignored altogether if TB is on the runner up. Fortunately for owners of Glint Of Hope there, it did not win as Glint Of Gold.

Whodat

Really liked the run two runs back, spotted them 4-5 on the bend and won by that margin in the ground

Back