Racing March Daily Punt: Just Another Heavy 10 For Sydney

Tancred/ Vinery stakes Double

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Good old Flow Meter
Sad has to retire in a few months time when it retains a zest for racing
Agree, Flowy going better than plenty of 3/4yos.

Would be good if they changed that rule where they were allowed to keep racing subject to vet inspection. There was a pacer the other night that started 3.50 and got pipped on the post at 15 yrs old and start 300

You'd hate to be the owner of a winning horse in Victoria with Terry Bailer doing the call. The name may or may not be correct, its actual position in the race may be inaccurate or it may get ignored altogether if TB is on the runner up. Fortunately for owners of Glint Of Hope there, it did not win as Glint Of Gold.

TB is so bad that I now find him funny. Not just when calling a race but also the ridiculous statements he makes on all the other racing.com shows he's on. Used to dislike him but now I get a good giggle.

Agree, Flowy going better than plenty of 3/4yos.

Would be good if they changed that rule where they were allowed to keep racing subject to vet inspection. There was a pacer the other night that started 3.50 and got pipped on the post at 15 yrs old and start 300
The rule is already there for 10yo’s they need a vet every year but need to call it at some point.

There was a bit of 3.80 around Hitotsu today but they are all gone. Probably impossible to get on but Play Up is $4.40 - that is a truly ludicrous price for a horse that could easily jump 6/4 or shorter on the day.

Alegron worth a bet in the Derby. 3 wide the entire trip in last years Derby whereas Hitotsu did no work. Only collared in the last 100m. Should have bet before barriers were drawn. Highly unlikely Hitotsu runs if that forecast rain comes.

Alegron worth a bet in the Derby. 3 wide the entire trip in last years Derby whereas Hitotsu did no work. Only collared in the last 100m. Should have bet before barriers were drawn. Highly unlikely Hitotsu runs if that forecast rain comes.
Hasn't done anything to get interested in the Autumn and hasn't seen a wet track so big question marks there

Hasn't done anything to get interested in the Autumn and hasn't seen a wet track so big question marks there

Yeah can’t see on what planet it’s turning the Vic Derby form around with the fave

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still you know it can stay. Character shorter odds and Forgot You half the price who it flogged in the Derby running 3 wide the trip.

How are Teofilos in the wet?

SB guy has picked Character (also Teofilo) on top?

Yeah both of those look poison to me. Not sure if it’s still the case but Sydney Best Bets tipster used to be Kevin Casey who is legit the worst tipster going around.

I’d rather spec something to jump out of the ground up in trip like MMD or Lukey boy if he gets a run if the fave comes out

R2 Sandown - Wow Shes Fast $1.85

Lives up to its name, one of the biggest motors i have ever seen this dog.

Can we talk about Playup being consistently almost $1 longer Hitotsu in the Derby than any other book and half a point longer than Betfair. I don't ever recall this happening on a dominant fave in a major G1 race. Either they know something, are in trouble and trying to get in as much money in as possible, or one of their traders/analysts has gone completely rogue.

Can we talk about Playup being consistently almost $1 longer Hitotsu in the Derby than any other book and half a point longer than Betfair. I don't ever recall this happening on a dominant fave in a major G1 race. Either they know something, are in trouble and trying to get in as much money in as possible, or one of their traders/analysts has gone completely rogue.
It is extremely bizarre. Makes me a bit nervy. But surely if one book knows something, at least one other does. And the fair would be out the gate too.

Back