Votes: 14 82.4%
  • Arcadia Queen

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Sunlight

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching the replay of the cup, I'll edit the call of SB had it won coming down park terrace, it had it won coming down the Bray Street side of the course.

What happened to Stellar Collision? Everyone was waiting for him in the mounting yard. Then was running all over the shop in the race before he collapsed.

Something dodgy?

I presumed he was running all over the shop because he had already broken down earlier in the race - hard to tell from the front on shot they had at the time.

How wasn’t that protest upheld in R8 Morphettville?

I wasn’t betting today but just watched it. Thought that should have been upheld

Perhaps read back the last two pages of the thread :rolleyes:

L O L - to prove my point they just put up his lays of the day - they ALL won and paid $8.50, $2.90 and $6 :D
Only two of them won, balances out with the two $7 winners he tipped.

I didn't agree with him about the protest though, pretty easy dismissed after the head-on shot.

I still think the protest should have been upheld. However just like I accept the JRA with Buena Vista. I’ll accept this.

I don’t think Leon McDonald helped himself by changing from 15 horses out to 8 horses out

The one argument I can’t understand was the focus on Clarke’s riding capabilities when the responsibility is with the jockey on the horse laying out to stop riding and straighten.

Anyway protest discussions are always interesting and it made today that little bit more lively.

L O L - to prove my point they just put up his lays of the day - they ALL won and paid $8.50, $2.90 and $6 :D
Wasn’t watching but from what I saw on social media wasn’t it James Jordan? Pretty serious punter who moves markets in SA if so. Guessing he just had a bad day.

Shouldn’t really be advising the average joe to be laying $8.50 and $6 shots though. Not the kind of strategy that’s suited to casual punting.

Last edited:
Wasn’t watching but from what I saw on social media wasn’t it James Jordan? Pretty serious punter who moves markets in SA if so. Guessing he just had a bad day.

Shouldn’t really be advising the average joe to be laying $8.50 and $6 shots though. Not the kind of strategy that’s suited to casual punting.

Yeah that was him - christ if he can move markets in SA perhaps I should start looking into SA racing - came across as a bloke who had no clue, especially during the protest. Maybe he had just backed the second horse and was talking through his kick.

Yeah that was him - christ if he can move markets in SA perhaps I should start looking into SA racing - came across as a bloke who had no clue, especially during the protest. Maybe he had just backed the second horse and was talking through his kick.

You are probably right. Find him funny to listen to as he has little clue. He’s a decent personality though. I stress the word decent though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The UK's premier jumps festival kicks off at Cheltenham tonight - a definite bucket list item I would recommend to any fan of the great game:

Supreme Novices Hurdle - FAKIR D'OUDAIRIES - French import now with Joseph O'Brien who destroyed the field in the Trimuph trial here back in January. Has to switch to the Old course now and it is rare to see juveniles (4yos) take on the older brigade but more than enough juice in the price to offset that in what looks an open year.

Arkle Novices Chase - DUC DES GENIEVRES - Another French import who finally showed his potential with a dominant win in a Beginners Chase at Gowran in February. Normally that wouldn't be anywhere near form good enough to win an Arkle but this looks an exceptionally weak edition and this guy was fancied in last years Neptune Novices hurdle. Most form around 2m4f so they might be a touch too sharp for him over 2 miles but plenty in the price to reward you for that.

Champion Hurdle - Epic three horse war here between 2-time defending champ BUVEUR D'AIR, Apple's Jade and Laurina. I am with the champ who would be a lot shorter for this had he not been nosed out at Kempton at Christmas (his only defeat in his last 16 starts). Apple's Jade has been destroying stayers over in Ireland but had similar form before beating beaten as hot fave in the Mares event on this day last year while this event might come a year too soon for the up and coming Laurina.

Mares Hurdle - This is a Willie Mullins benefit that he pretty much wins every year and looks no different this year as BENIE DES DIEUX shapes as the best bet on the card.

To set the scene - the same trainer/jockey had the fave in every G1 on the card (there are 4). The first 3 are home. The entire country has the 4-leg all up going and the bookies are on the verge of a bankruptcy not seen since the GFC.

Imagine a Championships day where Waller has had Winx, TAS, and Nature Strip all win and it comes down to Brimham Rocks who is a $1.80 fave in the Sydney Cup.

Then this happens.... (fast forward to 2 mark if you are lazy)

naracoorte race r7 n3 been smashed in
happy.gif

happy.gif

happy.gif

happy.gif

happy.gif

The UK's premier jumps festival kicks off at Cheltenham tonight - a definite bucket list item I would recommend to any fan of the great game:

Supreme Novices Hurdle - FAKIR D'OUDAIRIES - No good
Arkle Novices Chase -
DUC DES GENIEVRES - Won by 15

Champion Hurdle - BUVEUR D'AIR, FELL
Mares Hurdle -
BENIE DES DIEUX - 5 lengths ahead at last jump....FELL :drunk:

Interesting first day :drunk:

Chelters Day 2 - the roller coaster continues!

Ballymore Novices Hurdle - looks a match race between the best of Ireland (BATTLEOVERDOYEN) and England (Champ). Ireland had the edge on Day 1 in the big races so I am going to stick with them here and go with the former.

RSA Novice Chase - This actually looks a decent renewal in a race that can tend to be for up and coming plodders/National horses. Again sticking with the Irish and DELTA WORK who is undefeated over fences this season including a dominant win over this distance at Christmas.

Champion Chase - ALTIOR has never lost over fences (12 from 12) and don't see that starting today. Bet of the day.

Champion Bumper - The only flat race at the Festival and don't think I've ever snared the winner. Normally a Mullins benefit but happy to play around him this year as ASK FOR GLORY looks solidly over the odds for a horse whose only race under rules resulted in a dominant win at Chepstow on soft ground.

Back