• Arcadia Queen

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Sunlight

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Queen of the Turf

My bad - thought that was the Arrowfield :D

Just looked up the day 2 'championship' races. That Arrowfield is laughable - why have a championship sprint race for 3yos this late in the season - if they are any good they will have run in the TJ the week before. The million dollar 1200 race for 2yo fillies is equally as dumb - if you are any good run in the slipper.

Zebulon is airborne this prep and can win on Saturday. Expecting him to open a bit large and will be a notable firmer. Get the price early.

They aren't beating Hellova Champ

would love an excuse for the drift on that first winner at ascot.

had it $1.50, was an absurd debut absolutely friendless late and then backs it up.

I also had mail for it and took fixed as I thought the tip would be out :mad:

thetradesman

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 15, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Arsenal, Browns, Clips, Renegades
Very keen on Schilldora down the straight on Saturday.

Looks very hard to beat to my eye.

Chelters Day 2 - the roller coaster continues!

Ballymore Novices Hurdle - looks a match race between the best of Ireland (BATTLEOVERDOYEN) and England (Champ). Ireland had the edge on Day 1 in the big races so I am going to stick with them here and go with the former.

RSA Novice Chase - This actually looks a decent renewal in a race that can tend to be for up and coming plodders/National horses. Again sticking with the Irish and DELTA WORK who is undefeated over fences this season including a dominant win over this distance at Christmas.

Champion Chase - ALTIOR has never lost over fences (12 from 12) and don't see that starting today. Bet of the day.

Champion Bumper - The only flat race at the Festival and don't think I've ever snared the winner. Normally a Mullins benefit but happy to play around him this year as ASK FOR GLORY looks solidly over the odds for a horse whose only race under rules resulted in a dominant win at Chepstow on soft ground.

Should also add two time Melbourne Cup also ran WICKLOW BRAVE goes around in the Coral Cup .

As well as his two trips to Flemington he has run at Royal Ascot twice and this will be his FIFTH appearance at the festival (won the County Hurdle in 2015 - I WAS THERE!!!!). He has also appeared at Glorious Goodwood on a couple of occasions. What a legend.

king rising

Premiership Player
Jul 20, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Was with Clarice Cliffs hugely last time out at Flemington, but potting her this week. Drop back to 1200 not ideal, first look down the straight + how much does she have left in the engine? Stupid price at 2.30. Much rather be in the camp of the Hifalutin at triple the price around the 7$. Loves the straight at HQ, had a nice little freshen for this race too. #keen

thetradesman

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 15, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Arsenal, Browns, Clips, Renegades
Was with Clarice Cliffs hugely last time out at Flemington, but potting her this week. Drop back to 1200 not ideal, first look down the straight + how much does she have left in the engine? Stupid price at 2.30. Much rather be in the camp of the Hifalutin at triple the price around the 7$. Loves the straight at HQ, had a nice little freshen for this race too. #keen

I agree about the price - wouldn't be touching her at $2.30, but I think 1200 meters at this stage of her career is her ideal distance, and she may just be an out and out sprinter.

Agree again on Hifalutin, I expect her to run well and think she's overs at the $7.

Wicklow gets rolled R3 Cheltenham

Interesting interpretation - 'gets rolled' - was a 30/1 top weight in a 25 runner handicap FFS

I would say epic effort to just miss under top weight at 30/1 - was an outstanding performance.

Feb 18, 2008
Nowra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Cult hero Jumbo Ozaki going around at Flemington Race 2

The biggest positive with having lost all credibility via the tout is you can make any prediction with no downside, there is no further to slide.

I'm chips in on this guy, which is odd as I rarely buy into hype horses like NS, Girl Tuesday, Brutal etc. Big horse with scope, bred to get further, nice tactical speed and an excellent turn of foot. Everything says Group horse if he doesn't get shipped off to Honkers. $2 was a nice early price at Bendigo and $2-60 looks similar this weekend

Back