Votes: 14 82.4%
  • Arcadia Queen

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Sunlight

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Chelters Day 2 - the roller coaster continues!

Ballymore Novices Hurdle BATTLEOVERDOYEN dog s**t

RSA Novice Chase - DELTA WORK well backed but only third

Champion Chase - ALTIOR made hard work of it but win streak remains alive

Champion Bumper - ASK FOR GLORY dog s**t

Chelters Day 3

Normally the weakest day with the feature, the stayers hurdle, normally full of horses who are too slow to compete in the better hurdle races and can't jump well enough to be chasers.

JLT Novices Chase - DEFI DU SEUIL - handily beat last night's RSA winner back at Christmas and followed up with two close battles with Lostintranslation (also engaged here) at his next two starts. His last win in those two battles came at level weights which he gets again here.

Ryan Air Chase - UN DE SCEAUX - 11yo veteran with an outstanding Festival record (2015 won Arkle [I WAS THERE!!!]; 2016 second Champion Chase; 2017 won this race; 2018 second this race). Only out of the top 2 twice in his career over fences and only start this year it took Champion Chaser ALTIOR to beat him. Looks outstanding value at current prices.

Stayers Hurdle - Might be going with the heart over the head here but banking on another 11yo FAUGHEEN to turn back the clock. Had the world at his feet after winning the 2015 Champion Hurdle (I WAS THERE!!!) and had won 13 of his first 14 starts before succumbing to injury in 2016. Hasn't looked the same since but on his day can still put in a stunning performance. Was well clear of all except Apple's Jade when falling late in the Christmas Hurdle at Leopardstown.

thetradesman

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 15, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Arsenal, Browns, Clips, Renegades
Think there's some value to be found in the Pago Pago.

Don't think Faretti and Born a Warrior were very impressive in their debut runs, and I think they are only that short because of their breeding.

Cosmic Force looks the best of the shorties, but I'll be playing at both Yulong Savings and Lubuk.

Think there's some value to be found in the Pago Pago.

Don't think Faretti and Born a Warrior were very impressive in their debut runs, and I think they are only that short because of their breeding.

Cosmic Force looks the best of the shorties, but I'll be playing at both Yulong Savings and Lubuk.

I'd be surprised if the Yulong or Lubuk form is good enough but I guess that is reflected in their prices.

thetradesman

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 15, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
I'd be surprised if the Yulong or Lubuk form is good enough but I guess that is reflected in their prices.

Yeah, I mean I'm not overly confident or anything, but I think they're both overs.

I'll be very surprised if Faretti or Born a Warrior do anything though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thetradesman

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 15, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Coolmore is virtually impossible.

Eckstein could run a bold race off of fast run 1500 meters, and I am Serious, Moss Trip, Oregon's day and Fiesta would be the other four that I think will run well.

Apr 10, 2008
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Stars
Coolmore is virtually impossible.

Eckstein could run a bold race off of fast run 1500 meters, and I am Serious, Moss Trip, Oregon's day and Fiesta would be the other four that I think will run well.

This race is the very definition of a dartboard job, Daysee Doom at a nice price and Jamaican Rain to keep improving.

This race is the very definition of a dartboard job, Daysee Doom at a nice price and Jamaican Rain to keep improving.

Very definition of a race not deserving of G1 status. Backed Jamaican Rain first up but fk me if she is G1 quality I will give the game away.

Slipps

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Jumped on Fifty stars this morning its come in a fair bit pretty quickly apparently is was one of Gators bets ?

Aug 4, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Everton
Jumped on Fifty stars this morning its come in a fair bit pretty quickly apparently is was one of Gators bets ?
I’ve been told it is, but looking at flucs it’s almost certainly been sent out by HorseMiller today. He’d currently have 500, more likely near 1000+ subscribers (complete rubbish that he limits the amount).

As much of a w***er as he is, he creates a pretty good punting situation at the moment. He sends out a tip at a price only a handful of his subs can get on at, the corps slash the price knowing the rest of his subs will still take the poison unders making them profitable to the corps, and the rest of us get a temporary window of overs if we like other runners in the race.

He gets to claim his results on prices 90% of his subs couldn’t get, the corps make money long term of them and the rest of us get better prices other runners. Everyone wins..well except the poor bastards paying $600? for the privilege of his service.

TL:DR If anyone else likes 50 stars wait til Raceday. Most of the time they blow back out to the price, if not bigger than what it gets sent out once the pros have their say.

Fifty Stars strikes me as the type who I am willing to risk first go in Sydney. Beat So Si Bon a bees dick last start FFS who should have just gone straight past him in what I view as a terrible form race.

Looks the exact type of form that never holds up in Sydney.

Jmac and Cummings team up for 5 favourites at the Grange today

Potu does look to have a decent class edge in the fillies - not sure how far back she gets in a field of 16 though!

Back