• Mystic Journey

Votes: 14 82.4%
  • Arcadia Queen

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Sunlight

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've heard some of them (all?) were pieces of work and part of the reason why they moved him from Ciaron Maher after one pretty good run (to be trained in Sydney on wet tracks that it doesn't handle...)

Did they come across as such?

He was slagging off the Sydney weather as the reason for the poor run and it came across to annoying to him that they had to compete against Winx....so yes

Just looking back at his recent form, I don't think there is. At WFA 1400+ it's just Trapeze Artist who's got him by that in the last 12 months. Has given away big weight to winners in the hcp's.

Been remarkably consistent the old boy. Great horse but I suppose another reminder of how shallow our depth is Winx aside.

That's because they realised he wasn't up to WFA any more and dodged them all last spring to run in the handicaps.

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
before the JJ Atkins i was hoping TAS would win the VRC Derby so he'd be cheap and he went on that winning run.

looks as good a sire prospect for some time, even though race ability not the top shelf.

DJN1992

Debutant
Jun 8, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
27/03/2019

Seymour: (1 Best Bet)

Best Bets:

Race 8: (10) Casadiva (Fixed Price (Win) $3.50)

Casadiva last prep first up raced in a Group 3 at Caulfield and was only 5 lengths away from the most inform horse in Australia currently besides Winx in Sunlight (Has won 3 Group 1s since that Group 3 win). It's last run of the prep was a forgive run just raced greenly in a Class 1 at Echuca (5th 2 lengths away). I blackbooked Casadiva after it's debut win at Bendigo beating 2 quality horses in Aristocratic Miss (Group 3 placed and ran solid races in Group 1 company) & Krone (Ran 2nd to Amphitrite in a Group 2 at Flemington & a whisker in winning a Group 3 at Flemington recently). Based on the horses Casadiva defeated in it's debut win and this race doesn't have the any Group quality runners should just be too good for this lot.

Sandown: (1 Best Bet)

Best Bets:

Race 1: (1) Angle Rock (Fixed Price (Win) $3.60)

Angle Rock got a long way back from a wide gate in the Magic Millions Adelaide 2YO $200K at Morphettville but it's last 400M was fantastic making up many lengths to finish 4th 3.5 lengths away. The form out of that race from the past weekend is very good. Li'l Kontra who finished 2nd won a Saturday class race at Morphettville very comfortably & Vinco who finished 3rd won at Mornington in a stakes race came from last to run over the top of a quality field. From an inside gate should have a much easier run and have every change to break it's maiden status.

thetradesman

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 15, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Arsenal, Browns, Clips, Renegades
Got a few for tomorrow at Sandown.

Race 7 - #9 Eighteen Carrot:

He resumed at the Hillside track over 1300 meters and done his best work late to break his maiden over Secretly Discreet, and he was never given a chance after being posted three wide with no cover last start. Off those two runs, the rise to 1500 meters looks to suit him perfectly, and if Michael Walker can get him across from a wide gate, he'll be hard to beat. Good value at the $8.

Race 8 - #7 Silent Roar:

Best of the day for mine, looks a moral. She ran within three lengths of Shoko and Kenedna last preparation, and her run resuming was full of merit, after battling to finish within a length of Kazio after being posted three wide with no cover. She's two from two second up, and maps perfectly from the inside gate to sit on the speed. She should just be winning and the $2.70 looks good value. I'll be having a big play at her.

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Owners suggest to keep nature strip around the 1000m and next race for that range is basically the Kings Stand.

Chris Waller says hey why not go the doomben 10,000.......... it's actually happening.

Owners suggest to keep nature strip around the 1000m and next race for that range is basically the Kings Stand.

Chris Waller says hey why not go the doomben 10,000.......... it's actually happening.

To be fair, even 5 furlongs up the rise at Ascot will be pushing s**t up hill for him I'd imagine.

IKnowtheDog

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 25, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
and this is why you are a hopeless punter!

jan-and-dean-you-really-know-how-to-hurt-a-guy-liberty-s.jpg

Back