Delisted Marco Paparone (2012-2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

He's got to be done hey?

Weird how so many players can come in and kick heaps of goals in their first game but that's sort of that. I guess a good attitude and confidence isn't always a trait to build a career on. His kicking was always total muck too, cringey stuff.

You do realize he had a career best year where he was firmly best 22 then has been completely derailed by injuries right?

Kicking was fine (de of around 70% from memory) but just wasn't penetrating.

Club has by no means lost faith in Pap.

You do realize he had a career best year where he was firmly best 22 then has been completely derailed by injuries right?

Kicking was fine (de of around 70% from memory) but just wasn't penetrating.

Club has by no means lost faith in Pap.

I reckon his best position is playing in the back half as an intercepting backman, he was fantastic in the role read the play amazingly. Hope he gets back injury free and gets a crack at the role as we are really lacking there

Marco is somewhat the forgotten man on our list.

I am really hopeful that Marco gets another opportunity at the top level in the coming weeks, will certainly be reward for effort after a bad run of injuries.

Has anyone heard any innuendo about him possibly being back in Perth? Even living here? Can't remember what I saw or heard but I had the feeling he'd essentially retired?

If you literally looked at the post above yours you'd see he's not retired....

...but he is flying over from Perth to play in the reserves.

The Brisbane Lions have advised five players that they will not be offered a playing contract for the 2019 AFL season.

Rohan Bewick, Claye Beams, Tom Bell, Marco Paparone and Jake Barrett were informed by Lions Football staff earlier this morning.

General Manager of Football David Noble paid tribute to the players’ commitment during their time at the Lions.

“All have contributed to the growth and improvement of our Club both on and off the field,” Noble said.

“It is unfortunate to let great men go. We wish them well for what lies ahead in their future.

“The Club will continue to provide support and direction for the players in this transitional phase.”

http://www.lions.com.au/news/2018-09-06/lions-delist-five

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said it when he was drafted and I'll say it again now, but he just didn't really impress me despite the hype. His kicking was really unnatural and if he ever got really good, it was easy to shut down with smothers. He ran but that's all. I know Bigfooty is a place for talking up everyone except the 2-3 scapegoats and as an oppo fan any negativity is going to be taken badly, but the fact he was being trialled in all these positions wasn't promising either.

In a way it's a bit unfortunate as he was one of the very very few loyal kids at the Lions. He had genuine issues back home and if he left no one would've been offended, but he stayed true in probably the club's worst time. Good luck to him with his illustration and t-shirts anyway.

Anyway as alluded to above I think this was already agreed and was a half-retirement on his behalf anyway?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back