Recommitted Marcus Adams [requested trade to WA]

Remove this Banner Ad

I really rate Adams and think he should probably end up an AA Backman. If he played the full year he would've been a roughy to make the squad which is pretty awesome in a debut year.

I think we basically need to try for something like Pick 18 and Adams for Pick 7. He's worth a mid-late first rounder I think so on paper the deal seems solid.

If we don't get it then he stays and we back ourselves in to keep him. He either kicks on and has a good year which ends up with his value being strengthened or he has a so-so year and we probably still get an okay pick which is all Freo could do now without using their first anyway.

Freo no interested according to this article

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/mar...r/news-story/b802e141c3bbc225dcbf8e9d40ef7314

Concerns over injury?
I tend to ignore articles which seem to claim something has been said by a club ("Fremantle says") but then isn't able to produce any actual quotes.

The only facts we have to go on are the comments made by Jason Dover who said that he is currently contracted and likely to be at the Bulldogs next year but would be interested in a move to WA if an opportunity presented itself.

I guess we will see if one presents itself over the next week, however I doubt we will see a repeat of the McCarthy situation.

I guess you also think his bro should have waited 8 years after Marcus was drafted to be king hit and in a coma for 6 months
That's a life changing event and explains why he wants to go. Not disrespecting the club, just dealing with crap situation.

To potentially move gov forward would be a big bonus for us. If the dogs were to lose hamling and adams they will be severely undersized in defence again though. I genuinely believe mackenzie will get back close to his best next season and provides you with a very good full back option for the next few years. Moves you further up in the first round as well.

I could really see 12+54+mackenzie for 18+40+adams working well for both clubs.

To potentially move gov forward would be a big bonus for us. If the dogs were to lose hamling and adams they will be severely undersized in defence again though. I genuinely believe mackenzie will get back close to his best next season and provides you with a very good full back option for the next few years. Moves you further up in the first round as well.

I could really see 12+54+mackenzie for 18+40+adams working well for both clubs.

That's not bad. Not bad at all.

Adams will ****ing dominate in your setup. Very very suited to the zone style. Beast mark, strong as anyone and his pace is very very good for his build.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes I know the back ground mate I'm from WA and knew about Adams when he was playing Ammos, it's not the reason that suddenly triggered a want to go back to WA. Boyd announces his is going to play on and 5 minutes later Adams says he would be interested if they could get a deal done. Makes total sense to me. With Bob back and Boyd playing on will he be a starter? Probably not. At Freo he would be on of the first picked each week. I think it's a great idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who has more value, Adams or Mackenzie?

Interested in mostly neutral (non dog, docker, eagle) views.
Adams IMO, although Mackenzie has proven to be AA quality the question still remains can he get back to that level, and for how long? I believe he will get back to that level personally, or close to it if not. Adams was just about AA quality this year before he got injured and is only 24 so has many years of good footy ahead.

Yes I know the back ground mate I'm from WA and knew about Adams when he was playing Ammos, it's not the reason that suddenly triggered a want to go back to WA. Boyd announces his is going to play on and 5 minutes later Adams says he would be interested if they could get a deal done. Makes total sense to me. With Bob back and Boyd playing on will he be a starter? Probably not. At Freo he would be on of the first picked each week. I think it's a great idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adams is still a starter for us with those two playing.

Try this

Bulldogs
Give: Adams + 75
Get: Cloke + 28

Collingwood
Give: Cloke + 28
Get: Mackenzie + 52

WC
Give: Mackenzie + 52
Get: Adams + 75

Reckon Cloke goes at the trade period for a draft pick WB won't use so not much point chucking him into any discussions.

if freo managed to land adams & kersten along with mccarthy & hill, that's a pretty damn solid trade period.

not sure why they wouldn't go after him to be honest. i thought showed a fair bit of potential this year, at least more than hamling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back