News Marcus Adams trade thread (Adams for 32 & HAW's future 3rd)

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it Gold Coast or Hawthorn's future third that we moved on;I'm confused.

AFL says Hawthorn's 2019 third rounder.

If he can get on the park semi-regularly it's a good deal I reckon. If not we've overpaid but not horribly. I'm okay with the risk/reward aspect given our abundance of picks in that range.

Club website says Hawthorn's. We never had Gold Coast's 3rd rounder.
Yep - we never had Gold Coast's, we only ever had Hawthorn's, but it came via Gold Coast.

Probably slight overs compared to some other trades, but end of the day, bloke had 2 years on his contract and dogs wanted to keep him. We paid a bit more, but it is still paying an extra throw away pick so whatever. Risk reward compared to his price is well worth it.

Has a bit of the Michael Close look about him. Hopefully it’s not a body dysmorphia thing and our fitness/high performance people can get him match fit.

A four year deal is a little on the excessive side if you ask me.

Three would seem about right.

I would have like three as well. But the extra year of security could well have been what gave him that push to request a trade. No secret we had to give Bastinac, Walker, Bell etc etc Longer contracts than they probably warranted to entice them to move up here. I’m confident Adams will be playing best 22 football in a position we have decent depth in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

after seeing the bargain basement prices certain players are moving clubs (who have shown significantly more than Marcus Adams i find this quite puzzling)

-Nic Newman shown alot more for the swans, future fourth rounder
-Travis Colyer future fourth rounder
-Jordan roughead (im gonna stop stating the exact values but all of the below are third rounders, fourth rounders etc)
-Jackson Thurlow
-Jack Hombsch
-Sam Mayes
-Taylor Dureya
-Aaron Hall
-Sam Lloyd
-Will Setterfield

Ill ignore Scully, Horlin Smith trades

we just love to be reamed at the table

after seeing the bargain basement prices certain players are moving clubs (who have shown significantly more than Marcus Adams i find this quite puzzling)

-Nic Newman shown alot more for the swans, future fourth rounder
-Travis Colyer future fourth rounder
-Jordan roughead (im gonna stop stating the exact values but all of the below are third rounders, fourth rounders etc)
-Jackson Thurlow
-Jack Hombsch
-Sam Mayes
-Taylor Dureya
-Aaron Hall
-Sam Lloyd
-Will Setterfield

Ill ignore Scully, Horlin Smith trades

we just love to be reamed at the table

It might be because they haven't shown significantly more than Adams. Pretty much all of them have been dropped this year. Some from bottom teams

It might be because they haven't shown significantly more than Adams. Pretty much all of them have been dropped this year. Some from bottom teams
And some were out of contract and/or not wanted to be retained by their clubs, which wasn't the case with Adams.

27 Games in 3 injury riddled years, 2 of those years being 17 and 18 when the dogs were Putrid

he was drafted in 2016 pick 35 as a mature ager. he is now 25 years old shown limited in his time on the field with his only reputation being he is injury prone and hard to get on the park.

is that enough to just throw draft capital at him? also managed to somehow gain trade currency with the additional compensation we gave him, something other plays mentioned above have not

27 Games in 3 injury riddled years, 2 of those years being 17 and 18 when the dogs were Putrid

he was drafted in 2016 pick 35 as a mature ager. he is now 25 years old shown limited in his time on the field with his only reputation being he is injury prone and hard to get on the park.

is that enough to just throw draft capital at him? also managed to somehow gain trade currency with the additional compensation we gave him, something other plays mentioned above have not

Be prepared to look dumb after he has a strong 2019 season.

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2016-04-03/best-ever-beveridges-huge-wrap-for-twogame-bulldog-marcus-adams

I hope he has a cracking season and makes the trade look like severe unders

but history and past form suggests otherwise

also have you ever seen a coach say anything but about one of their players? especially someone new to the team? anything but, what a lovely start.

Also good on him 2 of the best games he's ever seen by a key defender, whats he done since

again not having a go at you, but kind of sick of the name calling aimed at people who are going against group think and saying this has not been the trade period we wanted or expected

I hope he has a cracking season and makes the trade look like severe unders

but history and past form suggests otherwise

also have you ever seen a coach say anything but about one of their players? especially someone new to the team? anything but, what a lovely start.

Also good on him 2 of the best games he's ever seen by a key defender, whats he done since

again not having a go at you, but kind of sick of the name calling aimed at people who are going against group think and saying this has not been the trade period we wanted or expected

Try putting together a well thought out argument first then if you're going to try and convince people that you're more intelligent than those who run our club. He's a quality defender and a great fit for our club. Pick 32 isn't a high pick and we have a heap of young talent coming through.

Try putting together a well thought out argument first then if you're going to try and convince people that you're more intelligent than those who run our club. He's a quality defender and a great fit for our club. Pick 32 isn't a high pick and we have a heap of young talent coming through.

I bet they are more intelligent people than me who run the club who have had a great track record bringing in great people.

Ryan Bastinac, Tom Bell, Jack Frost, Josh Walker, jarrad jensen, to name a few have been great players who the club identified and brought to the club.

Not every argument about questionable trade decisions is "well they know more than you since they run our club so thats why you are wrong

This is my favorite trade of our trade period.I think he is a quality player if he can stay on the park.

The only question mark i have is that i have no idea how good a kick is he... does anyone know if he is at least decent?

In a couple of games, I've watched, admittedly tv..He seems accurate..another designated kicker.

This is my favorite trade of our trade period.I think he is a quality player if he can stay on the park.

The only question mark i have is that i have no idea how good a kick is he... does anyone know if he is at least decent?

Good kick of the ball. Strangely better at taking the longer riskier option than the safe short pass. Has a bit of a floaty kick with shorter distances.

Great at taking intercepting/contested grabs when able to get off his man. Struggles a little 1on1 with some of the better forwards.

If he gets on the park he'll be a good pick up IMO. Probably the player I'm most annoyed we lost during the trade period.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back