News Marcus Adams trade thread (Adams for 32 & HAW's future 3rd)

Remove this Banner Ad

My concern with involving a future pick in the Adams trade is if Freo reject 4 and 22 for Neale, and want next year's first. So far as I understand you can either trade a future first, or trade any other future pick(s) but not both options. Don't want to be locked out of either deal.

My concern with involving a future pick in the Adams trade is if Freo reject 4 and 22 for Neale, and want next year's first. So far as I understand you can either trade a future first, or trade any other future pick(s) but not both options. Don't want to be locked out of either deal.

It's a fair point but I would think Fremantle would be crazy to choose our 2019 first round pick over pick 4. You'd have to expect next year's pick will be worse than pick 4.

It's a fair point but I would think Fremantle would be crazy to choose our 2019 first round pick over pick 4. You'd have to expect next year's pick will be worse than pick 4.

Just do Adams after Neale, that way you have max flexiblity for the far more important deal. Takes out any concerns about locking us out of trading a future first.

Just do Adams after Neale, that way you have max flexiblity for the far more important deal. Takes out any concerns about locking us out of trading a future first.

I’d be strategically dropping hints to Fremantle though that if they don’t accept fair terms, they miss out altogether.

You misunderstand me, I mean if Freo want 4 and our 2019 first for Neale and Freo's 2019 2nd. Maybe Freo's 2019 2nd can be on traded and not violate the rules, I don't know.

You misunderstand me, I mean if Freo want 4 and our 2019 first for Neale and Freo's 2019 2nd. Maybe Freo's 2019 2nd can be on traded and not violate the rules, I don't know.
If we trade out our future first and second, yet we get a future second back from another team then that is ok I believe.

But we will not give up 2 firsts for Neale even if we get a second back.

Adam's is a beast.... I think he needs to lose some muscle weight.

Get him 3-5kg lighter may help the stress on his feet.

He has been doing nothing but pumping iron whilst out injured.

Its a good idea ( 3-5kg lighter). My Wife is a physio generally the consensus is losing 1kg is relieving knees and ankles of 4kilos of stress. So thats a good 12-20kgs of stress gone on his joints.

The AFL "clarified" the rules when Hawthorn needed help getting the O'Meara deal done. It's changed from "you can't trade a future first round and future picks in any other round" to "you can't do it unless you still have future picks in those rounds, even if they're not your's".

The AFL "clarified" the rules when Hawthorn needed help getting the O'Meara deal done. It's changed from "you can't trade a future first round and future picks in any other round" to "you can't do it unless you still have future picks in those rounds, even if they're not your's".

Neil E Dunn?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As usual they'll posture and try and get someone best 22. Probably ask for McStay.

Thought we'd have some goodwill with the dogs after giving up Schache for a bag of chips but looks like we'll have to play the bullshit posturing game for the next 10 days, as is tradition.

Overs for an injury prone player who has hardly been able to get on the park. Best chance will be a second round pick, either this year or next.

Won't stop them asking. Like how the Crows asked for Polec and pick 8 for Tippett.

This is one trade I wouldn't mind not going through I think we have good prospects coming along in skinner and Payne and we have Eagles there. Yep I get "IF" we get him fit he has a lot of upside, Darcy and Harris are still improving and next year 'touch wood' Harris could go AA. If we get in a squabble over trades I'd rather it be for someone to replace Hodge at the end of the year that can play the quarter back try role.

If we get in a squabble over trades I'd rather it be for someone to replace Hodge at the end of the year that can play the quarter back try role.
I honestly think we already have him in Witherden. He may move further up the ground though and I would love to see him kicking and delivering the ball inside 50 more.
But I can see him filling the Hodgey role well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back