News Marcus Adams trade thread (Adams for 32 & HAW's future 3rd)

Crawb

Norm Smith Medallist
SuperCoach Club Board Winner
Aug 11, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I like Adams as a prospect...but feel we're already well stocked with KPDs. 3yrs could also be a bit much and turn out like another Frost.

ImAFreeMan

All Australian
Aug 29, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I like Adams as a prospect...but feel we're already well stocked with KPDs. 3yrs could also be a bit much and turn out like another Frost.

Adams has already shown a lot more than frost did at the time recruited him, Frost is and always will be that stop gap we took a risk on!

In addition being involved within a premiership winning club and gaining that vital experience will be another huge plus for getting him in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adams as a full forward???
Eagles and Frost most likely (and maybe even Walker, who knows) won’t be on the list next year . The acquisition of Adams makes sense, it’s just a year in advance.

Fagan made a comment on Walker roughly that walker goes well when he is pushed to prove himself. Bringing in outsiders in the same age bracket might be the competition he needs to get himself to the next level. And to get a contract at the end of next year.

BrizzyBandit

Premium Platinum
Apr 14, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Adam's is a beast.... I think he needs to lose some muscle weight.

Get him 3-5kg lighter may help the stress on his feet.

He has been doing nothing but pumping iron whilst out injured.

Discussion thread for possible Marcus Adams trade, news stories in the trade compendium thread.

Disappointed I couldn't quite work in a Marcus Brody reference into the title. Oh well.

inaralover

Senior List
May 6, 2003
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Last edited:
What’s wrong with the normal trade thread? That bitch survived Lachie Neale it can survive Marcus Adams.
Things tend to get busier when the trade week actually begins so creating individual threads makes it a little easier for people to have focused discussions on the different trades.

Antares

Club Legend
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
At his best, he is easily worth a first rounder. He's the same kind of beast defender as McGovern and Rance, which the last two years have shown, can do teams a world of good in the pursuit of a flag.

Doggies will demand a second and we'll probably end up having to pay something around that mark. See what happens I guess.

Feb 17, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Nah not a huge need for us, wouldn’t be selling the farm. Talk of 22 or a first team player is crazy.

And if the Bulldogs crow about him being contracted, and what we’re prepared to pay him, and getting value back in terms of where he was drafted, I would be refreshing their memory as to what went down a mere 12 months ago. What did we get for a contracted, KPF who was drafted at pick 2?

Funny how the wheel turns.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Second round pick for a guy who has barely been able to get on the park insane; contracted or not.

Personally don’t see why the interest when we have dearth of KPD’s on the list.

Lions Lions

All Australian
Sep 23, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Second round pick for a guy who has barely been able to get on the park insane; contracted or not.

Personally don’t see why the interest when we have dearth of KPD’s on the list.
He would be our 2nd or 3rd best kpd thats why. We might have a few kpd on the list but we have only got 1 genuine star.

Although we have high hopes for Skinner, the fact remains that with his ACL histroy he is at serious risk of not having an extended AFL career. If you also assume Eagles and Frost are not long term options, our KPD reserves are not as high as some here are suggesting. Especially the enforcer type KPD's.

jonnobackpocket

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Although we have high hopes for Skinner, the fact remains that with his ACL histroy he is at serious risk of not having an extended AFL career. If you also assume Eagles and Frost are not long term options, our KPD reserves are not as high as some here are suggesting. Especially the enforcer type KPD's.
Exactly, I thought we must have a secret list of players I didn't know about. Harris is the only sure thing as a key defender goes and I think he ideally suited for the intercept role.

Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
No idea what the trade ends up being but I've had a think and I wouldn't trade a 2nd rounder for him. Maybe a swap of future 2nds and a future third from us from Adams would work - I reckon the dogs will think they can get back up the ladder.

Back