Player Watch Marcus Bontempelli is overrated

Remove this Banner Ad

Stonegiant

Draftee
Jul 9, 2021
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I have never seen a player get his possessions intercepted as much as Bontempelli does. For a guy who is meant to be an "elite" disposal, he sure kicks it to the opposition often.

In the 4th quarter, Touk Miller was busting his guts to try and get his team over the line, while Bontempelli was skirting backs, fumbling and just being completely ineffectual.

Oliver Wines would be a far more deserving Brownlow winner than Bontempelli.

Slight overreaction but yes sometimes he is slightly overrated. I believe according to champion data "Kick rating" he is statistically the worst kick in the afl or bottom 5...

Still an absolute gun but he does burn a lot of it.

• Banned
This will go down well. So you started a whole new thread, you couldn't just post this in the game day thread Gold Coast V Bulldogs
Of course it merits a new thread. This guy is considered by many to be one of the best players in the competition, yet his efficiency by foot is actually terrible. His kicks have been marked by opposition players more than any other player in the competition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dusty's disposal efficiency is pretty poor too and he's right near the top of the clangers leaderboard. Must be an overrated spud too based on this expert analysis
Show me a single game where Dusty has had 15 clangers.

15 clangers is laughably bad, jesus christ. At least Dusty is explosive.

I have never seen a player get his possessions intercepted as much as Bontempelli does. For a guy who is meant to be an "elite" disposal, he sure kicks it to the opposition often.

In the 4th quarter, Touk Miller was busting his guts to try and get his team over the line, while Bontempelli was skirting backs, fumbling and just being completely ineffectual.

If you were Port's list manager, Ollie Wines demands a trade to the Dogs and they offer Bont, are you saying no?

Im not sure who to believe.
A stonegiant or 17 opposing afl coaches.
Must think about this.
Is it really that tough for you to stomach? He had more than double the clangers of the next worse turnover merchant on his team:
clangers.png

New nickname: Clangers Bontempelli.

Will be dropped when Lin Jong regains fitness.

Cool story Bro
Bont is rightfully rated by most to be in the top 4 or 5 of players in the league
Get your hand off it

Because he attempts to break the game open through difficult kicks that don't always come off?
There's a difference between missing a target and kicking a clanger.

Bontempelli hands it over directly to the opposition far more than other players. Touk Miller was getting a lot of the ball today, he wasn't turning it over nearly as much and had significantly more of an impact.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back