Remove this Banner Ad

Golden_6

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
It'll probably be a flat 5 year, $5 million contract would be my guess. Salaries have come down slightly, and I don't think he'll want to cripple the club. He'd get plenty of money from his own personal endorsements.

Brutalitops

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
It'll probably be a flat 5 year, $5 million contract would be my guess. Salaries have come down slightly, and I don't think he'll want to cripple the club. He'd get plenty of money from his own personal endorsements.
He was influential in helping your club get that elusive second flag. He'll be well looked after in retirement by staying a one club player.

Is he worth $1M? Absolutely. Would he take a $800k per year contract if it means you might be able to get your third? I think so. The guy oozes loyalty.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
The biggest free agent of next year along with Patrick Cripps.

Everyone is criticizing Collingwood now for a big salary dump this year... but what if it's all part of the master plan to lure Bontempelli in the following year with the power of a 105% salary cap? Bontempelli was who Collingwood originally wanted in the 2013 draft until the Bulldogs jumped in and committed to him 2 weeks before the draft, and with Pendlebury getting older, there is no better natural replacement.
The plan was to pay Adam 1 and a half mill to not play for cwood?

Remove this Banner Ad