Recommitted Marcus Bontempelli [Re-signed until 2025]

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
The biggest free agent of next year along with Patrick Cripps.

Everyone is criticizing Collingwood now for a big salary dump this year... but what if it's all part of the master plan to lure Bontempelli in the following year with the power of a 105% salary cap? Bontempelli was who Collingwood originally wanted in the 2013 draft until the Bulldogs jumped in and committed to him 2 weeks before the draft, and with Pendlebury getting older, there is no better natural replacement.
Yeah wow imagine.

The biggest free agent of next year along with Patrick Cripps.

Everyone is criticizing Collingwood now for a big salary dump this year... but what if it's all part of the master plan to lure Bontempelli in the following year with the power of a 105% salary cap? Bontempelli was who Collingwood originally wanted in the 2013 draft until the Bulldogs jumped in and committed to him 2 weeks before the draft, and with Pendlebury getting older, there is no better natural replacement.

Does the master plan involve having Treloar in his ear all year about how Collingwood treats their players and respects contracts?

Good plan.

Jun 26, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
same as Richmond with Martin and Lynch from next year - Lynch heavily back ended deal kicks in from 2021
Richmond have a culture in players taking pay cuts in order to accommodate those players. Collingwood have a culture of incentivised deals and overpaying players.

Buckleys_Chance

Team Captain
Sep 24, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I recall someone on the rumours board saying that Eddie knows his family and has been in their ear to come to Collingwood for some time. When we cleared the cap space I noticed that Bont was out of contract next year. Geez I hope it's true, but it would have to be big money and/or the doggies would have to have a terrible year for it to actually happen. It's a big deal for a club captain to walk away from his club while they are playing finals football. Plus he seems like a pretty loyal guy. Petracca or Kelly seem more likely.

On Nexus 6P using BigFooty.com mobile app

dusty1234!

2017 2019 2020
Jan 14, 2020
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Manchester United
I can’t see him leaving

although being forced out of the midfield might keep the convo alive if that happens next year
Think you should be more concerned about Dunkley. He wouldnt be a happy chappy right now, especially with treloar arriving. Less and less midfield time

Stratton24

Premiership Player
Aug 29, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I recall someone on the rumours board saying that Eddie knows his family and has been in their ear to come to Collingwood for some time. When we cleared the cap space I noticed that Bont was out of contract next year. Geez I hope it's true, but it would have to be big money and/or the doggies would have to have a terrible year for it to actually happen. It's a big deal for a club captain to walk away from his club while they are playing finals football. Plus he seems like a pretty loyal guy. Petracca or Kelly seem more likely.

On Nexus 6P using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yep, Collingwood are certain they have him

Think you should be more concerned about Dunkley. He wouldnt be a happy chappy right now, especially with treloar arriving. Less and less midfield time
Yeah, he might even request a trade, damn!

GoGeta

Team Captain
Mar 4, 2013
Vic
AFL Club
Geelong
I can’t see him leaving

although being forced out of the midfield might keep the convo alive if that happens next year

Bont's not getting forced out of the midfield mate, one of your most damaging with ball and at crucial moments.

Oct 16, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
How bad of a train wreck was that fox footy interview, was the worst I've ever seen

You missed Don Pyke and Brett Burtons interview to explain how the camp went swimmingly well and the players and the football club were on the same page. There are hardened first responders that look away when that interview is on the TV.

Flags_In_The_Bag

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Not a fan of overseas teams.....
You missed Don Pyke and Brett Burtons interview to explain how the camp went swimmingly well and the players and the football club were on the same page. There are hardened first responders that look away when that interview is on the TV.
I think mentioning that good players in their mid to early 20's that were despatched for crap picks was done because they wanted to get into the draft more sounds more stupid to me,
and hearing that twat try to justify it was hilarious.
But hey, ill see if I can find the Crows explanation of the camp one and see how bad that was also.

Prochard123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
He has raised the same issues Dunkley has raised, very unhappy with what went on in the hub.
Apparently the team has lost faith in English and have little hopes for Martin, so will be playing Dunkley as #1 ruck and Bont as #2 ruck support.

Bont not happy and will demand to be traded to Essendon alongside Dunkley as a packaged salary dump.

S Rioghal Mo Dhream

Buried in Balquhidder
Aug 16, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
But every player manager now knows that Collingwood can't be trusted with their future payments........

If I was Bontempelli I'd be asking for the full $10.5M in the first season and making the CFC restructure everyone else's contracts to make it work.

There's seriously no way anyone of note will want to join their club after recent events and rightfully so 😔

Back