Recommitted Marcus Bontempelli [Re-signed until 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

What do you think the Dogs will pay to keep him? I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes the highest-paid player in the comp during his next deal.

wont be 7 years. Not in the current landscape. Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s 1-1.2mil a year for 4-5 years. He’s already getting paid good dollars from Pedigree and was getting paid we at Mercedes.

What do you think the Dogs will pay to keep him? I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes the highest-paid player in the comp during his next deal.
My feel is the $ amount won't be publicly revealed. If I had to guess, I'd expect he signs on in the first month of games on a 5 year deal for an undisclosed amount (but probably in the realm of $1 mil)

I think most people assume Bontempelli stays put at the Dogs. But it's going to be big money.

What will it take? He turns 26 in November. Is it going to be $8 million over seven years? Will someone offer more than that?
I think it will be more like a 6 year contract with a Trigger for the 7th year

They lost me at their salary cap

I just Lol'd when someone thought that any player would go to Collingwood after their treatment of players contracts last year....

I think most people assume Bontempelli stays put at the Dogs. But it's going to be big money.

What will it take? He turns 26 in November. Is it going to be $8 million over seven years? Will someone offer more than that?
Bont will probably get good connections from wealthy dogs supporters.

He will be right for cash his whole life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The dogs willl match and the price will be something we’ve never seen before

It will go down like this: Bont will come into the room where there will be a pen and a blank piece of paper on the table. He will write a number and fold the paper and pass it to the accountant guy, who will take it and leave without looking at it. Then everyone shakes hands and Bont goes back to training.

I just Lol'd when someone thought that any player would go to Collingwood after their treatment of players contracts last year....
... a teammate of Adam Treloar, no less

It will go down like this: Bont will come into the room where there will be a pen and a blank piece of paper on the table. He will write a number and fold the paper and pass it to the accountant guy, who will take it and leave without looking at it. Then everyone shakes hands and Bont goes back to training.

yeah would be shocked if he leaves but have him as just about the most expensive player at the trade table

dogs already taking pay cuts - you'd say bont would easily get 1 mil + anywhere but how much less would he be willing to stay for 850K?

He'll get 1 mill from us, offers from other clubs would be reaching the 1.2 range. His current contract is already at least 800K (before cuts).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back