Restricted Free Agent Marcus Bontempelli

Remove this Banner Ad

adogsfan5

Club Legend
Jun 12, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
What do you think the Dogs will pay to keep him? I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes the highest-paid player in the comp during his next deal.
wont be 7 years. Not in the current landscape. Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s 1-1.2mil a year for 4-5 years. He’s already getting paid good dollars from Pedigree and was getting paid we at Mercedes.

Virgin Dog

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
What do you think the Dogs will pay to keep him? I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes the highest-paid player in the comp during his next deal.
My feel is the $ amount won't be publicly revealed. If I had to guess, I'd expect he signs on in the first month of games on a 5 year deal for an undisclosed amount (but probably in the realm of $1 mil)

Bulldogs85

Club Legend
Sep 25, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I think most people assume Bontempelli stays put at the Dogs. But it's going to be big money.

What will it take? He turns 26 in November. Is it going to be $8 million over seven years? Will someone offer more than that?
I think it will be more like a 6 year contract with a Trigger for the 7th year

Stan_Darsh72

100% Hemp
Jun 18, 2011
Flying On A Prawn
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Man Utd, NE Pats
I think most people assume Bontempelli stays put at the Dogs. But it's going to be big money.

What will it take? He turns 26 in November. Is it going to be $8 million over seven years? Will someone offer more than that?
Bont will probably get good connections from wealthy dogs supporters.

He will be right for cash his whole life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

stefoid

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 8, 2002
home
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The dogs willl match and the price will be something we’ve never seen before
It will go down like this: Bont will come into the room where there will be a pen and a blank piece of paper on the table. He will write a number and fold the paper and pass it to the accountant guy, who will take it and leave without looking at it. Then everyone shakes hands and Bont goes back to training.

Jcpdragonx

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Chiefs
It will go down like this: Bont will come into the room where there will be a pen and a blank piece of paper on the table. He will write a number and fold the paper and pass it to the accountant guy, who will take it and leave without looking at it. Then everyone shakes hands and Bont goes back to training.
yeah would be shocked if he leaves but have him as just about the most expensive player at the trade table

the Ziebull

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
dogs already taking pay cuts - you'd say bont would easily get 1 mil + anywhere but how much less would he be willing to stay for 850K?

Remove this Banner Ad