Recommitted Marcus Bontempelli [Re-signed until 2025]

adogsfan5

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 12, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Thanks mate, anything specific or just "being unhappy on the hub" without offering any clarity?

Zero substance. Just lazy troll posting. Damo Barrett went from “dogs were one of the best behaved clubs in the hub” (he was at the same hotel) to “dogs have culture issues” on the last day of trade period. Pahhlease...

adogsfan5

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 12, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Coaching role i suspect. He's next out of contract for the 2024 season where he'll be 32 i think for round 1. That's some real long term planning by bevo

Tom Hawkins I meant sorry...

Tom Hawkins I meant sorry...
Same deal? Man you guys need a lot of coaches apparently

AFDogs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I mean I can't see him leaving but stranger things have happened...

His next contract will be a monster (if it isn't already). Capcaincy + hopefully top 5 player in the league.

Mar 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Charlton Athletic, Roys FFC
Collingwood very, very, very confident they have him.

They also think that Nathan is a good coach and Ned Guy is an excellent list manager.....

And that it's all Treloar's partners fault....

I mean I can't see him leaving but stranger things have happened...

His next contract will be a monster (if it isn't already). Capcaincy + hopefully top 5 player in the league.
Can’t see it happening either, feel like he isn’t one to chase money as he will be well compensated anyway so the gap won’t be big compared to a monster offer

The only thing that could lead to him leaving imo hypothetically is if he wants to play exclusively midfield and bevo throws him forward for large chunks of the game (50% plus)

Instincts

Cancelled
Sep 21, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Apparently the team has lost faith in English and have little hopes for Martin, so will be playing Dunkley as #1 ruck and Bont as #2 ruck support.

Bont not happy and will demand to be traded to Essendon alongside Dunkley as a packaged salary dump.
You should be an AFL journo, actually, nah, the journos are better than this

Seriously though, the thought of Bontempelli leaving in itself is ridiculous enough for me but this being the reasons why is just irrationale

adogsfan5

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 12, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I think most people assume Bontempelli stays put at the Dogs. But it's going to be big money.

What will it take? He turns 26 in November. Is it going to be $8 million over seven years? Will someone offer more than that?

He’ll be well remunerated. No one is offering 8 million over 7 years post Covid. A good list and skipper. Stays put. But expecting plenty of click bait from the media.

Back