Recommitted Marcus Bontempelli [Re-signed until 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

It'll probably be a flat 5 year, $5 million contract would be my guess. Salaries have come down slightly, and I don't think he'll want to cripple the club. He'd get plenty of money from his own personal endorsements.

It'll probably be a flat 5 year, $5 million contract would be my guess. Salaries have come down slightly, and I don't think he'll want to cripple the club. He'd get plenty of money from his own personal endorsements.

He was influential in helping your club get that elusive second flag. He'll be well looked after in retirement by staying a one club player.

Is he worth $1M? Absolutely. Would he take a $800k per year contract if it means you might be able to get your third? I think so. The guy oozes loyalty.

The biggest free agent of next year along with Patrick Cripps.

Everyone is criticizing Collingwood now for a big salary dump this year... but what if it's all part of the master plan to lure Bontempelli in the following year with the power of a 105% salary cap? Bontempelli was who Collingwood originally wanted in the 2013 draft until the Bulldogs jumped in and committed to him 2 weeks before the draft, and with Pendlebury getting older, there is no better natural replacement.

The plan was to pay Adam 1 and a half mill to not play for cwood?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dogs to offer $7 million over six years?
He’s already on high $800,000’s so yeah this is probably on the money value wise.

Would hope that we’d max out closer to 900-950k but honestly whatever he signs for, he’s worth it. Most marketable ‘good guy’ in the league. Club captain, arguably top 5 player in the AFL with room to improve, culturally phenomenal for our club, he’s too valuable not to retain.

He’s got plenty of side gigs and partnerships off field too, so he’s not going to struggle for coin either way.

I can't see him leaving the Dogs. what is he worth? probably the $950K - 1 million year mark over a long term deal 5+ years.

Last edited:
He’s already on high $800,000’s so yeah this is probably on the money value wise.

Would hope that we’d max out closer to 900-950k but honestly whatever he signs for, he’s worth it. Most marketable ‘good guy’ in the league. Club captain, arguably top 5 player in the AFL with room to improve, culturally phenomenal for our club, he’s too valuable not to retain.

He’s got plenty of side gigs and partnerships off field too, so he’s not going to struggle for coin either way.
Yeah Bont is my favourite non-sun, agree with all said. Love the guy on and off the field! Time to get paid, already has a sponsorship with Mercedes too

Is there a player in the comp that could earn more $$ from their next contract?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back