FarmersWife

All Australian
Apr 10, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Mt Lawley Hawks, AMR Hawks
It's only two games in, but it's looking increasingly unlikely that Drum is going to be playing for the firsts at Geelong.

With all of Geelong's injuries and suspensions coming into this weekend's match, Drum has been overlooked, while a 28 year old in James Podsialy will be given a debut well ahead of him.

And it could be considered that in his place, we have the one and only Michael Barlow running around influencing games.

The year before it was Josh Carr that left, although by his own mistaken accord, which allowed us to pick up Nick Suban.

Well..... Mooney out means they need a forward.

And Gillies was always better than him, surprised Lonergan is holding him out though.

drums not fully fit, came of a soft tissue injury and currently we have Lonegan ahead of him. Its called depth.

A few Geelong posters have been commenting that they need a third tall backman this week, but they have Lonergan, Harry and Mackie so they are fine match-up wise against our forwards. Pods was always going to play at first drop in the forward line.

I guess the interesting thing in retrospect is that they preferred both Pods and Drum to Silvagni.

I've heard that he is out with an illness until round 6. It's apparently a severe bout of Fremantleitis. But our docs reckon we can rebuild him. I've also heard that there is extreme concern for his vocal chords. He's had limited reason to use them after a game so we're warming them up slowly through the two's

I've heard that he is out with an illness until round 6. It's apparently a severe bout of Fremantleitis. But our docs reckon we can rebuild him. I've also heard that there is extreme concern for his vocal chords. He's had limited reason to use them after a game so we're warming them up slowly through the two's

you'll be able to rebuild him i guess, but finding him a heart is a whole other issue which will be tough to fix

I have a feeling Drum is just bidding his time, waiting for the Geelong stars to retire. After which he will play a few games, get injured, see another crop of youngsters come in and take his spot, chuck a sad and finally end up
getting delisted because he is dead wood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm looking forward to seeing Pods play. A star at VFL level for many years its good to see him get a chance.

He's the reason we need Tarrant up and running because he is a big lad. Having said that big lumpy forwards have never done so well at Subi.

I'm looking forward to seeing Pods play. A star at VFL level for many years its good to see him get a chance.

He's the reason we need Tarrant up and running because he is a big lad. Having said that big lumpy forwards have never done so well at Subi.

that neanderthal quinten lynch got a runner up best and fairest :confused::eek:;)

I remember a big lumpy log Sav Rocca tearing a new one against Powder Thornton in a Subi oval game for North Melbourne. If I remember he kicked 7 or 8.

It's two games into the season, at least wait until round 12-13 before making comments on a players career

Two games plus 4 years on our list. We can have a discussion on our board. For mine, good luck to him at Geelong, but I doubt he will have much more of a career as an AFL player.

I remember a big lumpy log Sav Rocca tearing a new one against Powder Thornton in a Subi oval game for North Melbourne. If I remember he kicked 7 or 8.

One game (or a handful once people think of others) do not disprove a theory. As a general rule, teams need to be more mobile at Subi, no doubt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back