Mare of Easttown

Who done it

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought the pilot was near pitch-perfect...

Don't need another show that's going to just wallow on being grim and miserable (not that those shows aren't any good). But at least for now this seems to being going for a different feel.

Don't doubt this will be great, Winslet alone will be worth it, think the only question is do they stick the landing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking good after 2 episodes, fair bit of humour which I wasn't expecting, only criticism is the weekly releases, this is one I would happily consume in a week.

Winselt probably my favourite current day actress along with Maggie G, both always nail their characters so well.

Oooo Baby.

Good episode.

A few suspects now, let's see which one's are red herrings. Winslet has brought her A game to this show.

It's simmering along quite nicely.

Surely Mare's ex-husband being the father of the dead girl's baby is a red herring? Why would she be pursuing the loser ex-boyfriend for the cash for the ear operation if she could get it from the real father who could easily afford to pay for it? Maybe the best friend girl is s**t stirring because he gave her a bad school report?

Winslet is killing it. Grumpy, compassionate, vulnerable. Loved the way with a bit of lippy she scrubbed up gorgeous for the party.

Not enough to go on yet to guess who is the murderer though the smaller of the two cousins of Erin's Dad looks a bit shifty. Billy? We don't know much about the missing girl yet.

It's simmering along quite nicely.

Surely Mare's ex-husband being the father of the dead girl's baby is a red herring? Why would she be pursuing the loser ex-boyfriend for the cash for the ear operation if she could get it from the real father who could easily afford to pay for it? Maybe the best friend girl is sh*t stirring because he gave her a bad school report?

Winslet is killing it. Grumpy, compassionate, vulnerable. Loved the way with a bit of lippy she scrubbed up gorgeous for the party.

Not enough to go on yet to guess who is the murderer though the smaller of the two cousins of Erin's Dad looks a bit shifty. Billy? We don't know much about the missing girl yet.
Yeah, something about him.

My suspects.

- Mare's Ex
- Mare's new writer fella (Also what a dick move by him at the party. To see her and not go over)
- The Church priest that gave the sermon. (When he said he hadn't seen Erin in awhile it peaked my interested)
- And as Sorted said, the younger of the two cousins.

Rare show that makes me want to engage with the mystery.

I'd still probably take the killer to be someone we haven't met yet, and I don't think it's Richard (Guy Pearce) but man a writer who picks up Mare and seems to have a serious interest in her, despite being relatively famous and could seemingly * with anyone in town, gives off serious red flags.

My suspects.

- Mare's Ex
- Mare's new writer fella (Also what a dick move by him at the party. To see her and not go over)
- The Church priest that gave the sermon. (When he said he hadn't seen Erin in awhile it peaked my interested)
- And as Sorted said, the younger of the two cousins.

A possible clue to the killer is in one of the episode titles.

I think the "stupid" decision is in keeping with her somewhat reckless character traits, particularly how broken and desperate she is. Her role in what happened to her son will no doubt have a large bearing in this, which I'm sure we'll find out in the next few episodes.

Back