Society/Culture Margaret Court won't fly QANTAS because they support gay-marriage

Remove this Banner Ad

Btw just interested to know, one man lying with another man is a sin but nothing is mentioned about women lying with another woman? now its written for a male only audience is it? :rolleyes:

Seriously its people like Bennett who is holding us back, reverting to literal interpretations of the Bible. Get on with the times mate, this is 2017

Yep it said the commandment codified the law of adultery, nothing else. Other verses in Leviticus etc (nothing to do with the commandments) talk about homosexuality and "sexual impurity".

So your assertion that the adultery commandment is a cover all for "sexual impurity" is incorrect.

Are you deliberately this silly?

61% of Australians want a plebiscite according to an Essential Poll that came out yesterday. 27% oppose a plebiscite and 12% are not sure. So, how long do we have to keep waiting before Labor will get out of the way and open the door to SSM?

61% of Australians want a plebiscite according to an Essential Poll that came out yesterday. 27% oppose a plebiscite and 12% are not sure. So, how long do we have to keep waiting before Labor will get out of the way and open the door to SSM?

This has been pointed out to you numerous times but ill try again. That figure comes up when people are asked simply "who should it be decided by: parliament or a national vote?" Ofcourse people choose a national vote as they distrust their politicians to get it right.

But when more info is provided like the unnecessary cost of the plebiscite, its non binding nature (politicians are going to have to decide anyway) and the mental health impacts of such a campaign (study on the Irish referendum found that gay community suffered during campaign). Its support falls off a cliff.

Not that it particularly bothers me cause I'm an atheist (a completely disinterested couldn't be bothered arguing about it atheist) but isn't half the point of religion the faith that youre supposed to have in God and his divine, mysterious ways? All the arguing with Bennett. trying to prove to him that God endorses the gays and gay marriage seems kind of pointless, his faith is pretty clearly unshakable and short of JC himself descending from the heavens to say "nah man, let em marry" he isn't coming around. I would argue with him on why not allowing or opposing it (even in a quiet way) is bad and harmful but trying to argue against his religion is pretty pointless.

Not that it particularly bothers me cause I'm an atheist (a completely disinterested couldn't be bothered arguing about it atheist) but isn't half the point of religion the faith that youre supposed to have in God and his divine, mysterious ways? All the arguing with Bennett. trying to prove to him that God endorses the gays and gay marriage seems kind of pointless, his faith is pretty clearly unshakable and short of JC himself descending from the heavens to say "nah man, let em marry" he isn't coming around. I would argue with him on why not allowing or opposing it (even in a quiet way) is bad and harmful but trying to argue against his religion is pretty pointless.

However current research shows being homosexual is not a choice at all. If his "god" has created a person this way its kinda makes the rest of his argument invalid.

Not trying to argue god endorses gays just the lack of logic in the Christian position.

But yes you're right, short of disproving the actual existence of god, we are probably smashing our heads against a brick wall.

However current research shows being homosexual is not a choice at all. If his "god" has created a person this way its kinda makes the rest of his argument invalid.

I'm not arguing with the logic but Christians and other religious people will, hence my point that any and all points can be waved away with the "God works in mysterious ways"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not arguing with the logic but Christians and other religious people will, hence my point that any and all points can be waved away with the "God works in mysterious ways"
Honestly though, dont steal, dont kill are not infallible laws. Those are mere guidance only are by no means set in stone. How many would argue killing Abu Bakr Baghdadi is bad? if stealing for your starving family is a sin then i would be a sinner every day. Homosexuality can be an exception as well.

Honestly though, dont steal, dont kill are not infallible laws. Those are mere guidance only are by no means set in stone. How many would argue killing Abu Bakr Baghdadi is bad? if stealing for your starving family is a sin then i would be a sinner every day. Homosexuality can be an exception as well.

I think you're missing my point. I can understand all that and can totally back your logic, they can't (or at least say they cant) because they live by their own belief system, rooted in an old book that says a bunch of contradictory stuff throughout it so literally any and every argument has a counter, which has another counter etc.

I think you're missing my point. I can understand all that and can totally back your logic, they can't (or at least say they cant) because they live by their own belief system, rooted in an old book that says a bunch of contradictory stuff throughout it so literally any and every argument has a counter, which has another counter etc.

Even if Jesus himself descended from the heavens and said "hey guys don't discriminate against gays". You'd still get the fundamentalists saying "it was the devil pretending to be Jesus" or something equally ridiculous. They'll never accept any argument that goes against their preconceived ideas of morality.

I think though we should differentiate the fundamentalists like Bennett with the majority of other people who call themselves Christian. There is a strong argument to suggest that even the majority of self proclaimed Christians support SSM.

http://www.smh.com.au/comment/even-...ort-for-samesex-marriage-20150604-ghh2vp.html

The point of any public discussion is not to convinvce your opponant; no one would ever 'win' if that were the case.

The point to to convince potential onlookers.

The point of any public discussion is not to convinvce your opponant; no one would ever 'win' if that were the case.

The point to to convince potential onlookers.

I don't think public discussion should be won or lost, ideally both parties (and onlookers) come out with some knowledge they didn't already have.

Google has changed the name of the arena to Evonne Goolagong Arena on Google Maps. :thumbsu:

http://www.news.com.au/sport/tennis...y/news-story/d44141e86f396b85388d6216f9eba0c5

Confirmed the story with my own screenshot.

cxikqTz.png

The right to free speech apparently doesn't stretch to Google and their IP. Only religious homophobes can voice their opinion.
Yeah. It's ridiculous how little people actually understand the topic.
Court doesn't have any sort of legal right or protection to have an arena named after her in real life or on google maps. But people claim then changing it is preventing her from speaking
Despite her getting multiple platforms to express her opinion nationally

Remove this Banner Ad

Back