Society/Culture Margaret Court won't fly QANTAS because they support gay-marriage

Remove this Banner Ad

I know this isn't about Margaret per se, but it's a coming from a low point when I end up siding with the millionaire who got a cream pie in the face

I was all about that pie until I found out the motivation...

https://www.afr.com/business/transp...ce-with-a-congratulatory-pint-20180921-h15o9d
The boy from Dublin's suburban boondocks, whose dad worked three jobs and whose mother left the house at dawn each day to work as a cleaner, is now one of Australia's highest-paid corporate bosses – a classic Irish rags-to-riches tale.

So on his trip back this week, 22 years after he first packed his bags for Australia, his homeland decided the time had come to fete him.

On Thursday, his mother and brothers, along with more than 100 members of the Irish and Australian business elite, watched as Dublin's deputy lord mayor presented him with the Scroll of Dublin.

1537492704728.jpg

Qantas CEO Alan Joyce enjoys a Guinness in his birthplace of Dublin. Hans van Leeuwen
Nobody was quite sure what it was, but the framed document looked impressively and anciently Celtic.

"As a Dubliner, I think it's fantastic," Joyce told the crowd. "I'll give it to my mother."
RupieDupie Bomberboyokay, what a great guy!

Someone really should have checked she wasnt such a freakn nutcase before naming that arena after her.

I’m pretty sure it was known exactly how she was, it’s just that society changed quicker than usual.

They should keep the arena’s name. If Genghis Khan, history’s greatest murderer and rapist, can have a bunch of things named after him, then what’s the big deal with the tennis court?

55 pages to discuss Margaret Court's preferred airline? FFS.

I support gay marriage, I also support people being able to choose an airline for whatever stupid reason they want...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back