Roast Margettes gotta go!

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alfonz

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 23, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Maybe hidden from all the clear examples in the last, but did anyone see when Robinson was collected by Fyfe, and Margetts runs in at a million miles trying to set the mark for a downfield free kick. You could see him trying to change the umpire's mind up the field. What a disgrace.

Unique Name

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Maybe hidden from all the clear examples in the last, but did anyone see when Robinson was collected by Fyfe, and Margetts runs in at a million miles trying to set the mark for a downfield free kick. You could see him trying to change the umpire's mind up the field. What a disgrace.
Yep. Screaming at my wife that margetts is literally jumping at the chance to fk us.

Square Peg

Premiership Player
Jul 20, 2014
Fremantle WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
On ABC radio this morning Duff and Clint relayed a story that on the plane over to the hub he made some joke about Walters being great at playing for free kicks. As the radio boys said, its a bad look for an umpire to say such things.
There has to be some review of that. You can't have that mix of incompetence and arrogance. Appalling.

Docker82

Premiership Player
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Worst umpire in the worst umpired sport on the planet.

The excuses people make for AFL umpires are just excuses — they’re not what they should be. It’s the AFL’s fault for seemingly having no performance measures for umpires. As with any organisation the standard of work continues to drop when employees aren’t held to performance measures. It’ll only get worse.

Having said that, it was not even close to being the reason we lost today. We played terribly for first the first quarter - that’s the reason we lost.

Thistle

Premiership Player
May 12, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chelsea, ICT, Glory
Surely we have raised issues about him to the AFL. I refuse to believe the club thinks he treats us fairly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

eastfreo75

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
On ABC radio this morning Duff and Clint relayed a story that on the plane over to the hub he made some joke about Walters being great at playing for free kicks. As the radio boys said, its a bad look for an umpire to say such things.
There has to be some review of that. You can't have that mix of incompetence and arrogance. Appalling.
Yet those maggots say nothing about the ducking eagles.

masai

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 18, 2002
A bay at Rotto
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Rottnest
“ Whispers in the Sky - Part 2 “.

Seriously should be dropped for next week, not even an emergency !!.

Freoforever86

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Can handle the boys playing well and Freo losing...

but the Taberner non mark, the touched kick out & the non score review on Shultz kick are horrid. Think someone else was in control for the non review

AstonSouffle

All Australian
May 11, 2014
Darwin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Know the guy personally from when I had foray into the step just before WAFL umpiring, he's supremely arrogant, lacks proper communication skills, and once he forms his opinion of people it's immensely hard to shake.

If he thinks Walters plays for free kicks then he'll let that affect his decision making, because that's just the sort of person he is.

The sooner that dickhead is away from WA umpiring the better, he's no Dalgleish that's for sure.

Plus a few years ago when he introduced cards into years 3-6... it's just remarkable that he'd so openly instill the f*n wrong way to umpire at a young age. Honestly think his style of umpiring is vastly overshadowed by others and he's really just got to go.

That man is past it, he's never once made an AFL grand final as an umpire and all his younger WA peers have.

Demons09

Club Legend
Jan 12, 2009
rockingham
AFL Club
Fremantle
I went to visit someone at PMH couple of months ago and Margetts was working security i wanted to give this campaigner a mouthful my wife stopped me , half an hour ago the Mrs I shouldn’t have stopped you .

vidwhal

Grade A Douchebag
Oct 4, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
New York Knicks
Worst umpire in the worst umpired sport on the planet.

The excuses people make for AFL umpires are just excuses — they’re not what they should be. It’s the AFL’s fault for seemingly having no performance measures for umpires. As with any organisation the standard of work continues to drop when employees aren’t held to performance measures. It’ll only get worse.

Having said that, it was not even close to being the reason we lost today. We played terribly for first the first quarter - that’s the reason we lost.
At least he's being paid closer to his value after the new pay agreement

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Top Bottom