Roast Margettes gotta go!

Remove this Banner Ad

This is one of the clearest examples of the complete lack of consistency in umpiring. How can the league claim integrity of their results when the only consistent facet of umpiring is complete inconsistency?

There are too much intentional infringements that aren't in anyway addressed through umpiring. Genuine technical fouls which are impossible to deal with through on field umpiring.

Cheating tactics need to result in fines for players and clubs, and if repeated suspensions. Bans for the intentional behaviours which impact the game and makes umpiring harder to officiate.

Rules need way less Gray area and there needs to full time umpires who are taught the same rules and dont officiate games with conflict of interest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is one of the clearest examples of the complete lack of consistency in umpiring. How can the league claim integrity of their results when the only consistent facet of umpiring is complete inconsistency?

There are too much intentional infringements that aren't in anyway addressed through umpiring. Genuine technical fouls which are impossible to deal with through on field umpiring.

Cheating tactics need to result in fines for players and clubs, and if repeated suspensions. Bans for the intentional behaviours which impact the game and makes umpiring harder to officiate.

Rules need way less Gray area and there needs to full time umpires who are taught the same rules and dont officiate games with conflict of interest.
I agree.

Change to last touch for out of bounds like the girls play.

Holding the ball needs to get rid of prior opportunity. You need to handpass or kick it or its holding the ball.

The umpires need to make a decision, collectively, whether it is holding the ball or not if you are in the act of kicking when you are tackled, and you don't get a boot to it. We were tackled and we done for not getting the boot to it yet they were called as ok because they were in the act of kicking. It is very, very inconsistent and seems to be up to the individual umpire to call it the way they want.

I don't believe Margettes has a vendetta against Freo. I do believe his is totally incompetent at his job (and not just him).

The AFL will always stand by their umpires. But the standard of umpiring this year has been appalling. Any other worker performing their job that badly would be sacked.

AFL is a billion dollar industry, it is a disgrace that umpiring isn't a full time gig.

Number 19 was the main offender today, every bad decision for GWS and bad non decision for us he was the controlling umpire, margettes even had to come from 50m away to pay a free to cox after 19 ignored it from 5m
yeah 19 was the one who gave the Cerra HTB and I think the in the back which gave I.hill his first goal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back