Roast Margettes gotta go!

Remove this Banner Ad

Just how much of that man can your club take without overtly complaining? The penalty would be worth it: silence has only encouraged the man for 15 years.
He’s a C word expletive. Why do we need a WA umpires over in the hub?
He doesn’t like travelling and has been stated to prefer staying in WA umpiring home games

It's so disheartening, it really is. I've been waiting months for footy to come back and then we get robbed with the same old s**t once again. So deflated right now.

I didn't think we'd win, didn't think we deserved to win, but that decision has stuffed up my viewing plans.
I'm not watching any more footy till next w/end after that.
That was at best incompetent

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only 2 things that can implement change.

1. The club lodges a formal complaint.
2. The supporters get more active among social media, ie online petitions, banners, writing to the club and media.

With the latter, I've never seen an online petition take root with the masses. I've seen some whinging on Facebook and Twitter, alot of whinging here and grumbling at games.

All of that amounts to nothing - if people want change they need to organise themselves and put something substantial forward.

Until then, the Maggoty screw job shall remain.

One idea I had around umpires was to employ a research team to monitor the decisions of every umpire over one season, or select umpires over the season and look at the results.

Compare decisions for and against at specific grounds and teams. Have some expert umpire consultation and look through it.

The results would speak for themselves.

I've analysed our matches in Perth over the past 10 seasons (2010-2019) and have included results for seasons in which Margetts has umpired between 25% and 75% of our games in order to allow for a fair comparison of Margetts vs non-Margetts games. This means that 2016 is excluded as Margetts only umpired 17% of our Perth games (2 out of 12). In all other seasons he umpired between 30%-50% of our Perth games.

Total Perth matches - 113
Total Perth matches umpired by Margetts - 45

Wins in Margetts games - 57.8%
Wins in non-Margetts games - 72.1%

Percentage in Margetts games - 104.1%
Percentage in non-Margetts games - 123.6%

If I have more time this weekend I'll calculate the free kick differential

Is he actually a West Coast supporter? I've always (seriously) assumed he was a Freo fan and he's been worried about calls of bias, which is why he consistently fu**s us over and gives the Eagles a free ride.

I thought I heard he was a groomsman at an Eagles players wedding????
Dean Cox???
I remember something like that - or it may be a salty enhancement of a recollection.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back