Competitions Margin Mania 2020 - National Sickie Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

With prizes prizes prizes (well, at least a badge).

Margin Mania, from rounds 2 to 18, plus Grand Final bonus!

But what the hell is Margin Mania all about?

The rules are:

- Each week you need to pick 1 team, that is different from all previous weeks picks. You will get their winning margin for the week added to, or their losing margin subtracted from, your running total.

- You must pick a team before the bounce of the first game every week. If you don’t your team will be the one chosen by random.org (or manipulated by me), or the next avaiable alhpabetically.

- You can't pick against the same opponent two weeks in a row.

- You can only pick each team once through the competition

- As you have picked 17 teams by the end of round 18, there is 1 team left over - you could leave off the worst, or the best. If the team you have left over wins the flag, you get the points from their biggest win for the season added on to your score as a bonus, which could make all the difference at the end. Previous comps have been won with this strategy (by me!). Of course, you could leave the low ranking teams all together, and try to win without the GF bonus.

- You can play up to 3 jokers through the competition, which will double the margin for that week - a positive or negative margin, it’s doubled! You have to nominate your joker when you send in your pick. Jokers can only be used in the home and away, cannot be used for the Grand Final.

- If you dont use all your jokers they are forfeit! :thumbsu:

I will post a spreadsheet detailing the scores sometime after the last game of the round and before the first game of the next round. Probably.

The winner is the person with the most points at the end of the competition, and will receive a fabulous prize.

You don't have to send your picks in for round 2 yet, I'll send a reminder in the week before, this post is just to get you all thinking.

I expect one of the mods will sticky this thread :cool:

1590444758825.png

Last edited:
Love the title. The land of the sickie just took the ultimate sickie, and it turned out to be no more than a sniffle.

Ooh better not go back to work we might infect someone, so thougtful of us

Last edited:

Footy is BACK!
Thank the gods, its been an long off-season interrupted by round 1.

We're going to need some more posters taking part, 4 people isn't enough...

So get your picks in before Thursday night when the Pies and Tigers restart the season. I'm on the Weagles to kick things off, and random.org has chosen Adelaide.

The rolling fixture and the fact we are starting with no form to call on will make this interesting this year

Dare I say the most important MM ever?
certainly going to be an interesting season, especially with Weagles and Dockers on the gold coast for 4 weeks (at least).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well wasnt that a diabolical restart to the season.

The big winners with a whopping 12 points were those who picked Brisbane.
The big losers were those who picked Adelaide for -75 points.

The rest of us went negative, with Hawks, Eagles, and GWS all perfoming badly.

1592179741566.png

This week I'm going for Port with a joker, random.org also chooses Port.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back