Mega Thread Margin Mania SFA Season 31 - starts round 7 !!

yes fellow cretins, Margin Mania -arguably the best competition run on a virtual comeptiion (sp), is back for season 31.

I had to give my accountants the year off in season 30 due to the many mistakes they made, and running out of accountants after several executions.

So this is the sign-up thread. Once you reply you are in, to be ridiculed if you dont pick a team every week.

Full rules will be lodged shortly with the administrators on Betelguese 5, on level -87, just next to the panther cage.

WIN Prizes Prizes Prizes (well, at least a badge).

Margin Mania, from rounds 7 to 17, plus Grand Final bonus!

But what the hell is Margin Mania all about?

The rules are:

- Each week you need to pick 1 team, that is different from all previous weeks picks. You will get their winning margin for the week added to, or their losing margin subtracted from, your running total.

- You must pick a team before the bounce of the first game every week. If you don’t your team will be the one chosen by random.org (or manipulated by me).

- You can't pick against the same opponent two weeks in a row.

- You can only pick each team once through the competition

- As you have picked 11 teams by the end of round 17, there is only 1 team left over. If that team wins the flag, you get the points from their biggest win for the season added on to your score as a bonus, which could make all the difference at the end. Previous comps have been won with this strategy (by me!). Of course, you could leave out a low ranking team all together, and try to win without the GF bonus.

- You can play up to 3 jokers through the competition, which will double the margin for that week - a positive or negative margin, it’s doubled! You have to nominate your joker when you send in your pick. Jokers cannot be used for the Grand Final.

- If you dont use all your jokers they are forfeit! :thumbsu:

I will post a spreadsheet detailing the scores sometime after the last game of the round and before the first game of the next round. Probably. (with large fonts for zackah )

The winner is the person with the most points at the end of the competition, and will receive a fabulous prize.

You don't have to send your picks in for round 7 yet, I'll send a reminder in the week before, this post is just to get you all thinking.

I expect the mods will sticky this thread :beercheers::!?:

WIN Prizes Prizes Prizes (well, at least a badge).

Margin Mania, from rounds 7 to 17, plus Grand Final bonus!

But what the hell is Margin Mania all about?

The rules are:

- Each week you need to pick 1 team, that is different from all previous weeks picks. You will get their winning margin for the week added to, or their losing margin subtracted from, your running total.

- You must pick a team before the bounce of the first game every week. If you don’t your team will be the one chosen by random.org (or manipulated by me).

- You can't pick against the same opponent two weeks in a row.

- You can only pick each team once through the competition

- As you have picked 11 teams by the end of round 17, there is only 1 team left over. If that team wins the flag, you get the points from their biggest win for the season added on to your score as a bonus, which could make all the difference at the end. Previous comps have been won with this strategy (by me!). Of course, you could leave out a low ranking team all together, and try to win without the GF bonus.

- You can play up to 3 jokers through the competition, which will double the margin for that week - a positive or negative margin, it’s doubled! You have to nominate your joker when you send in your pick. Jokers cannot be used for the Grand Final.

- If you dont use all your jokers they are forfeit! :thumbsu:

I will post a spreadsheet detailing the scores sometime after the last game of the round and before the first game of the next round. Probably. (with large fonts for zackah )

The winner is the person with the most points at the end of the competition, and will receive a fabulous prize.

You don't have to send your picks in for round 7 yet, I'll send a reminder in the week before, this post is just to get you all thinking.

I expect the mods will sticky this thread :beercheers::!?:
In.

l5KzutY.png

Back