The Law Marijuana Legalisation

Should Marijuana be legalised in Australia?

• Yes, for both Recreational and Medicinal purposes.

Votes: 136 81.9%
  • Yes, but only for Medicinal purposes.

Votes: 17 10.2%
  • No.

Votes: 13 7.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep...

any argument you have against pot you need to use that arguments against booze.
People will smoke and drive, yes people drink and drive. I pass 6 bottle shops going to and from work. id never drink and drive
People will get high at work, very few people would drink at work
etc
etc

the only weakness i can see, and i believe that the US has made some in roads to this where is has been legalised, is the control on the strength (THC levels) of the stuff. if the stuff is being sold in the shop it cant be Jimmy McKnackerbags dodgy bush bud. there has to be some sort of control and reconciliation from seed to store front.
So I am pretty sure the THC % has to be disclosed on all bud products and edibles are capped at a certain THC %

Mar 29, 2007
Rand McNally
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Yeah, they certainly don’t half-ass the regulations on it.

yeah thought as much, watched a few documentaries on the industry on netflix. Is there any recent reputable sources (other than big footy polls) in regards public sentiment ? Im very interested in what the NZ outcome will be, think if it get over the line, and is a success then will Aust government look at it.

Weed might make me a little dull around the edges and I'm never going to be the sharpest tool in the box in the first place but dealing with folks like you it's not like you need your a game anyway.
Getting high and gardening while the cricket is on the radio is one of lifes great joys.

Post work cuppa afterwards is the cherry on top

chunkylover53

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2008
From Where You'd Rather Be
AFL Club
Carlton
Blazing every night definitely makes me a bit slower the next day or 2.

The munchies also cause me to eat too much sugar and/or go to bed with cravings.

I've had to cut back to weekends - much better, something to look forward to at the end of the week, been good for the wallet too.

I think it should get legalised, but I think it gets too much of a good wrap because of guys like Rogan etc. Buy 12 beers and you get pissed over a few hours. Buy 1/4 of bud and you smoke half a joint and you are on the couch devouring white tim tams. Or maybe that's just me.

Aug 13, 2007
Vancouver
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oilers
We’re allowed to grow 4 plants. Not sure my mate would have room in his little yard! His first effort came along nicely.

1603406176257.jpeg

juzz88

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2009
The Netherrealm
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Juventus
Blazing every night definitely makes me a bit slower the next day or 2.

The munchies also cause me to eat too much sugar and/or go to bed with cravings.

I've had to cut back to weekends - much better, something to look forward to at the end of the week, been good for the wallet too.

I think it should get legalised, but I think it gets too much of a good wrap because of guys like Rogan etc. Buy 12 beers and you get pissed over a few hours. Buy 1/4 of bud and you smoke half a joint and you are on the couch devouring white tim tams. Or maybe that's just me.
I'm with you mate.

I knew a guy that used to smoke up before studying and lifting weights.

I struggle to read the TV guide and lift the remote...

Still shouldn't be illegal.

random260

Premiership Player
Apr 20, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Called it in NZ. Knew it. Good to know I'm still in touch with the people. If you think for a second Aus is going to landslide/easily vote for it you are really out of touch. A tip for the pro campaigners

1) If you say we should legalise it because the government can make money then you already lost alot of people. How you can possibly think that argument would help convince hesitant people (aka mostly conservatives) to join you is seriously out of touch. You have to realise most people hesitant against legalisation don't want to give more money to government. They essentially hate it.... Yes, I'd rather have gangs illegal or legal run it with as little tax to zero tax going to government

So that's one aspect of your argument that is a joke. So out of touch and immediately kills off any support you would have had.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thailand have jumped on! Blows my mind - can’t wait to retire there.

I remember not too long ago being in Chiang Mai and being s**t worried every time I was out that the police or army were going to roll up into the reggae bars to arrest anyone with marijuana. Happened a few times over the months I was there. That was only like 5 years ago as well, lol. Things must really be moving quick over there.

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
Not everybody who smokes weed sits around all day being a loser. Same as not everyone who drinks alcohol gets aggressive and punches on or the same that not everyone who gambles becomes a degenerate

Look up someone like Joe Rogan who openly confesses to smoke weed every day. He just signed a $100m deal for his podcast. Bill Gates, Brad Pitt, Michael Phelps & Seth Rogan are some other extremely successful people who frequently smoke weed.

So do tell me what has your successful anti-weed ass ever done?
Ran 2kms and made a $8.7k capital gain today.

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I remember not too long ago being in Chiang Mai and being s**t worried every time I was out that the police or army were going to roll up into the reggae bars to arrest anyone with marijuana. Happened a few times over the months I was there. That was only like 5 years ago as well, lol. Things must really be moving quick over there.
Have smoked Thai Stick over there since the nineties. Much safer to smoke with locals you know and trust rather than trying to score off people you don’t. Now hopefully there’s going to be no problems going forward. Government is still working on finalising the draft Cannabis Act so regulations will probably tighten up in a couple of months. Currently it’s a bit of a free for all from what I understand.

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Have smoked Thai Stick over there since the nineties. Much safer to smoke with locals you know and trust rather than trying to score off people you don’t. Now hopefully there’s going to be no problems going forward. Government is still working on finalising the draft Cannabis Act so regulations will probably tighten up in a couple of months. Currently it’s a bit of a free for all from what I understand.
Free weed for all?

Celebration GIF by Booksmart

Ran 2kms and made a $8.7k capital gain today.
lol, I have no ******* idea what this is in response too, I'm assuming a post from many years ago

LFTWNG11

Club Legend
Jun 27, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
S.S. Lazio
It is basically legal now... just get a medical script and then pick it up from Terry White chemist like any other prescription. Reminds me of my first trip to California a few years ago.

Back