Switch Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo Switch)

Remove this Banner Ad

I start being hopeful when I enter a session where people's points are 600-900. I've only ever won one race, a few seconds, lots of 3rd-6ths. But the majority are 8-12th placings.

I finally got my score back over 1000 over the past few nights :D
I'm hovering around the 950 mark. Getting back over 1000 feels like climbing Everest! Maybe I should play more single player for practice?

Sent from my SM-A300Y using Tapatalk

I'm hovering around the 950 mark. Getting back over 1000 feels like climbing Everest! Maybe I should play more single player for practice?

Sent from my SM-A300Y using Tapatalk

Do some single player gps and unlock more vehicles and tyre options. Experiment with what matches your race style.

I started off using metallic Mario, began changing karts to bikes, then tyres. I check the stats and aim for more acceleration than speed but also good grip and handling. I've notice different characters have different stats in the cars but they can be adjusted by a simple tyre change.

I've used Link, Luigi, Bowser and Donkey Kong. I've now settled with Wario and rotate vehicles depending on the likely track I might be racing on.

A lot of it depends on item pick up. I've looked like I was finishing 10th many times but finish 5th or 6th in the final part of a race due to those ahead of me wiping themselves out with shells or bananas and I speed past the carnage with my mushrooms.

I'm trying for the best time trial times at the mo. 1.46.5?? (I forget the end bit) on the first track. Trying to figure out how there are so many 1.40s out there!

I'm trying for the best time trial times at the mo. 1.46.5?? (I forget the end bit) on the first track. Trying to figure out how there are so many 1.40s out there!

I slowly got my time from the 2.00.0's to the higher 1.50's. Don't know if I need to practice even more or just keep unlocking my kart and tyre combos to get faster.

Great game, I played the WiiU version to death.

I am thinking of buying a switch so I can play the deluxe addition.

Online is more luck based than skill which annoys me.

Maybe unpopular but I think the Blue Shell is the worst thing they ever did for the game.

I might be a bit biased though as last night online I lost 4 races in a row cruising in first for 2 and half laps only to cop blue shells at the very death to finish second every time.

Maybe unpopular but I think the Blue Shell is the worst thing they ever did for the game.

I might be a bit biased though as last night online I lost 4 races in a row cruising in first for 2 and half laps only to cop blue shells at the very death to finish second every time.
I hope they add a bit more craziness to the items in the next one. I liked the chaos online that was MKWii even if it was pretty hard to win since that game had so many pros.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The latest (and final) DLC has dropped today.

Really looking to racing as Diddy and Funky Kong :)

A great wave to finish off.

I'm old school and loved the SNES tracks they did for the waves where it's pretty much just racing around a track without all the flying I'm not really a fan of in the newer tracks.

I think it’s time to declare this game as legendary. Will be interesting what Nintendo do with 9.

Absolutely, I got tried after a few years playing it on the Wii but this switch version is so much better.

Is there a need for a 9?

I'd be very happy if they just kept having 6 or so new tracks a year and just kept adding new characters and vehicles.

Absolutely, I got tried after a few years playing it on the Wii but this switch version is so much better.

Is there a need for a 9?

I'd be very happy if they just kept having 6 or so new tracks a year and just kept adding new characters and vehicles.
Mario Kart 9 is probably the next biggest anticipated game after GTA. No way they aren’t already working on one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back